letter in todays cov telegraph (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

<snip> said that his two little girls were crying inconsolably after losing to Norwich. <snip>

In my day, we walked to school in bare feet on broken glass ... and we liked it.

Tonylinc

The best outcome to this sorry affair will be for Wasps to buy our club. I know that the usual suspects will say that there is no chance of that but they also said that nobody else would be interested in buying the stadium.

clint van damme

The best outcome to this sorry affair will be for Wasps to buy our club. I know that the usual suspects will say that there is no chance of that but they also said that nobody else would be interested in buying the stadium.

i would actually hate that but it may be the only way we can survive.

Grendel

No one was interested in buying the stadium - that's why it was ultimately sold for less money than the half share value we were offered. Anything less was described as "raping a children's charity"

The "usual suspects" would have expressed disgust if the club purchased the ground for the price wasps did - and that's without the small matter of a 200 year lease extension.

Some on here said it was worth £60 million. In the end it was worth less than a mediocre championship footballer on a 5 year deal.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why is everybody talking about new owners? It's not going to happen people
Well in that case then, as Private Frazer on Dad's Army would say We're Doomed, Doomed I say. :nailbiting: :jawdrop: :facepalm:

italiahorse

No one was interested in buying the stadium - that's why it was ultimately sold for less money than the half share value we were offered. Anything less was described as "raping a children's charity"

The "usual suspects" would have expressed disgust if the club purchased the ground for the price wasps did - and that's without the small matter of a 200 year lease extension.

Some on here said it was worth £60 million. In the end it was worth less than a mediocre championship footballer on a 5 year deal.

I thought it was a white elephant ?
In that respect Wasps paid over the odds. How you confuse.
Sisu could have had it for less than the price of building a stadium half the size.
Wonder why they didn't?

Grendel

Sisu could have had it for less than the price of building a stadium half the size.
Wonder why they didn't?

What is the definition if a white elephant?

letsallsingtogether

Grendel you know they didn't want it.
It was worthless Tim told us so.
Oh and Joy had said that ship had sailed.
Funny you were one of the ones laughing when it was mentioned someone may want to buy it.

Well none of us are laughing now.
Why because our owners cried blue murder again.
Thing that gets me is why do they always wait until the last second before they attempt to put a stop to anything.
Same with the academy.

skybluetony176

True. But you said it was a worthless white elephant that no one else would be interested in. So at the end of the day you're no smarter than the people who said it was worth £60M. Doesn't seem to stop you thinking that you are though.

skybluetony176

Wonder why they didn't?

Don't have the investors to put the money in. There simply is no other explanation. Same reason they'll never build one either.

skybluetony176

What is the definition if a white elephant?

"A white elephant is a possession which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness"

You must be delighted that CCC offloaded it on to Wasps then instead of lumbering us with it if you truly believe it's a white elephant. Which of course you don't. Although you'll never admit it.

torchomatic

That's probably because his school have drummed it into him that it's "Not the winning that counts, it's the taking part"

No, nothing has been drummed into him. He just lives and breaths Coventry City, so fuck of with your cynicism.

oldfiver

"A white elephant is a possession which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness"

You must be delighted that CCC offloaded it on to Wasps then instead of lumbering us with it if you truly believe it's a white elephant. Which of course you don't. Although you'll never admit it.

Isn't the estimated maintenance cost now well over the £10m mark?

ecky

Sisu never had any intention of "buying" it
They wanted it for nothing and their plan backfired massively

Sky Blue Kid

No, nothing has been drummed into him. He just lives and breaths Coventry City, so fuck of with your cynicism.

Why don't you open your eyes? You're so entrenched that you don't see it happening? Every school in every City, town, and village throughout Britain dampen the "Winning Culture" in all children. I don't think my post deserved your reply. I'll remember for the next time you say anything to one of my post.

clint van damme

Why don't you open your eyes? You're so entrenched that you don't see it happening? Every school in every City, town, and village throughout Britain dampen the "Winning Culture" in all children. I don't think my post deserved your reply. I'll remember for the next time you say anything to one of my post.

that's simply not true, the schools my kids attend don't. There may be some schools that do, but I wouldn't try and claim to have a knowledge of every school in Britain.

Grendel

Isn't the estimated maintenance cost now well over the £10m mark?

Indeed. It fits the definition perfectly. What Tony struggled with is a basic understanding of the terminology and acknowledge the status applies to the arrangement the club were in. If it wasn't a white elephant there would have been now need to slash the minimum offer price by half and extend the leasehold by 500%. That's the only way a valuation was going to meet the offer price.

A £113 million stadium being sold for under £6 million and it would have been under £2 million if the lease wasn't extended.

Clearly a business success.

skybluetony176

Indeed. It fits the definition perfectly. What Tony struggled with is a basic understanding of the terminology and acknowledge the status applies to the arrangement the club were in. If it wasn't a white elephant there would have been now need to slash the minimum offer price by half and extend the leasehold by 500%. That's the only way a valuation was going to meet the offer price.

A £113 million stadium being sold for under £6 million and it would have been under £2 million if the lease wasn't extended.

Clearly a business success.

So you must be delighted that the council unloaded such a burden on to Wasps then instead of us. You clearly think that the council did us a big favour and should have praise heaped on them for helping us dodge that bullet.

Clearly you also don't back JR 2 as you clearly believe that Wasps paid either market value or overpaid. In fact shouldn't it be Wasps who are seeking a review? They were clearly ripped off according to you.

More likely is you want your cake and eat it. It was both a worthless white elephant and wasps underpaid for it. No wonder you always think you're right. It doesn't how much your own opinions contradict themselves you'll always drag one or the other out to suit your argument. Do you know that using contradictions because you can never be wrong is a psychotic trait?

Grendel

So you must be delighted that the council unloaded such a burden on to Wasps then instead of us. You clearly think that the council did us a big favour and should have praise heaped on them for helping us dodge that bullet.

Clearly you also don't back JR 2 as you clearly believe that Wasps paid either market value or overpaid. In fact shouldn't it be Wasps who are seeking a review? They were clearly ripped off according to you.

More likely is you want your cake and eat it. It was both a worthless white elephant and wasps underpaid for it. No wonder you always think you're right. It doesn't how much your own opinions contradict themselves you'll always drag one or the other out to suit your argument. Do you know that using contradictions because you can never be wrong is a psychotic trait?

Are you actually capable of reading and understanding what's was said Tony?

Grendel

skybluetony176

Of course you understood. Of course.

Totally. You claim it's a white elephant when clearly it has a usefulness as a sports stadium hence other parties was interested in it. How could it be a white elephant in that case? It can't can it? That would be a contradiction in terms. The site would have to be redeveloped if it was a white elephant which it hasn't been.

You'll then go on to say something like "No one was interested in buying the stadium - that's why it was ultimately sold for less money than the half share value we were offered" on this thread but then on another thread insist that Wasps have been trying to buy it on the sly for two years or more before they did. Another contradiction by you.

Duality duality duality is all you've got to suit whoever you want to blame for anything on any given day. You're full of it. You can't get your story straight on anything, you make stuff up, you take assumptions as fact, you contradict yourself to suit, you're in denial about things you previously said etc. etc. etc.

Me personally I never thought it was a white elephant. I could see the value not only to the club but any other club. Something you mocked me for claiming SISU were the only show in town. Who was right on that one?

I actually think JR2 may have some merit on my thinking, not on yours though. But that doesn't stop you saying it was undersold and JR2 is merited. You're the epitome of contradiction. My advice to you is pick a story and stick to it, accept the parts you don't like and don't try and twist it to suit your predetermined agenda. People might start to take you as seriously as you believe they do then.

Users who are viewing this thread