letter in todays cov telegraph (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

don't know whether it's been highlighted elsewhere, but,
heartfelt letter from Chris Norman in todays telegraph,

Nick

Administrator
Which young kids are crying their eyes out because SISU aren't going on the radio?

ajsccfc

It does pretty much say that people are upset and the owners aren't saying anything.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Well, whilst my 8 year old lad is annoyed when we don't win, to think of him crying on the sofa because our owners aren't telling him why we're not winning is a little far-fetched tbh...

Grendel

Which young kids are crying their eyes out because SISU aren't going on the radio?

There is a guy who I believe led the last protest and calls cwr who said that his two little girls were crying inconsolably after losing to Norwich. He said sisu is causing his children to be upset.

Esoterica

My daughter's goldfish died during the Bradford game. Found it there floating upside down just after the 2nd goal went in. Didn't have the heart to tell her, so I tried to be clever and turn the tank upside down so the fish would be the right way up but all the water leaked out and now my daughter thinks I killed it and my wife thinks I'm an idiot. Fucking SISU have ruined mine, my daughter and the goldfish's life - 3 lives in one go. SISU OUT!

eastwoodsdustman

My daughter's goldfish died during the Bradford game. Found it there floating upside down just after the 2nd goal went in. Didn't have the heart to tell her, so I tried to be clever and turn the tank upside down so the fish would be the right way up but all the water leaked out and now my daughter thinks I killed it and my wife thinks I'm an idiot. Fucking SISU have ruined mine, my daughter and the goldfish's life - 3 lives in one go. SISU OUT!

Should have just told her Tim Fisher killed it.

Brylowes

people are upset cos we lost a few games

budget same as last year. no1 kicking off in september 2015

i wonder why
Not sure where you have been, but people have been upset about the goings on
At the club since well before September 15.
It's just that the early part of last season gave us all something we hadn't experienced
For a long time, a winning team playing good football.
It was never going to last, and it just averted people's eyes away from the lasting
Damage being done to our club. :(
Nice while it lasted though.

Nick

Administrator
Well, whilst my 8 year old lad is annoyed when we don't win, to think of him crying on the sofa because our owners aren't telling him why we're not winning is a little far-fetched tbh...
Exactly.

I can totally understand kids being annoyed if we lose!

covcity4life

It's just that the early part of last season gave us all something we hadn't experienced
It was never going to last, and it just averted people's eyes away from the lasting

never gonna last but we all want murphy maddison and armstrong back

begs question why if not good enough to go up

the moaning has gone into over drive this summer and its simply down to a poor start and a perceived poor window

nothing has changed on the sisu front

Nick

Administrator
While people would be concerned, it would be a lot different if we had won every game.

Brylowes

While people would be concerned, it would be a lot different if we had won every game.
Of course it would, that's my point, at the end of the day we are all football supporters,
And a winning team on the pitch will cover a multitude of sins off it.

Buster

Never mind ,mum and dad can take their kids down to the junior rugby clubs and be introduced to a new game .
Crazy as it sounds the people doing the most to increase the local interest in Rugby Union are SISU.Aint life strange !

Nick

Administrator
This will end up going onto about the kids, where the people making know nothing about what's done for the kids...

ajsccfc

giphy.gif

Chipfat

The lack of direction from the club is soul destroying, lies, false statements, hiding behind whatever means necessary is disrespectful to the fans that care for the club. All this creates the problem that we as fans are facing today, with these owners you are losing or lost hope of any sort of future, a fan without HOPE is like a rowing team without oars!!. Fans have turned away from this club in the thousands and while they do this the habit of turning up every week breaks and other interests take over.

The owners have an obligation towards the fans to be open, honest and set out the aims and goals for the club every year, not to carry on in silence hoping we turn up to fund the mess. You have to give fans the ability to dream and wish, buzz about great away days, good home wins and if not, watching something that brings you back. If this hope is gone none of the above can be gained or sustained for any sort of future, so laughing or ridiculing those who have lost hope shows how divided we are as a fan base which suits Sisu to carry on with this stupid game they are playing.

Granted only a few think its petty to bear your soul to the public, but that number will slowly diminish with the same level as those turning up to watch a failed club die a slow death, its sad apathy has become King in regards to this club. But anyway the forum will still be up and ridicule by the certain few will be in full force everyday to the joy of the few.

shy_tall_knight

The lack of direction from the club is soul destroying, lies, false statements, hiding behind whatever means necessary is disrespectful to the fans that care for the club. All this creates the problem that we as fans are facing today, with these owners you are losing or lost hope of any sort of future, a fan without HOPE is like a rowing team without oars!!. Fans have turned away from this club in the thousands and while they do this the habit of turning up every week breaks and other interests take over.

The owners have an obligation towards the fans to be open, honest and set out the aims and goals for the club every year, not to carry on in silence hoping we turn up to fund the mess. You have to give fans the ability to dream and wish, buzz about great away days, good home wins and if not, watching something that brings you back. If this hope is gone none of the above can be gained or sustained for any sort of future, so laughing or ridiculing those who have lost hope shows how divided we are as a fan base which suits Sisu to carry on with this stupid game they are playing.

Granted only a few think its petty to bear your soul to the public, but that number will slowly diminish with the same level as those turning up to watch a failed club die a slow death, its sad apathy has become King in regards to this club. But anyway the forum will still be up and ridicule by the certain few will be in full force everyday to the joy of the few.

Summed it up perfectly for me, key words "soul destroying" "dis-respectful" "without hope", "apathy" "slow death"

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I don't recall me blaming John Poynton when we were relegation candidates in the mid-80s.

Although maybe if I'd have had the internet then I too could have made a melodrama out of a mild-crisis...

torchomatic

Chipfat

I don't recall me blaming John Poynton when we were relegation candidates in the mid-80s.

Although maybe if I'd have had the internet then I too could have made a melodrama out of a mild-crisis...

It would ruin my week if we got beat when I was a kid, but knowing the next week my dad would take me to see the chance of a win soon made the sadness go away. I had hope, my dad had hope, a ST for 20years said he had hope, but like me today I have no hope for Sisu to turn this club around. I don't wish a loss or failure of the players but the decline of the club is a train coming faster towards us than away from us. And while most pretend to care they have lost hope enough not to do anything about it, just let time take it's toll and allow Sisu to run out of steam.

Last edited:

Chipfat

It's all SISUs fault, get out, future will be rosy then.

Doesn't change a thing, unless the new people give the fans hope, with a direction to take the club forward and not onto the next court appeal. You and Nick are great at stating we have nothing better, tell me how Sisu are going to be allowed to make it better or be able to turn it around. You will have the same answer that I would have to new owners, you and I don't know, but I know we need new direction under new eyes and compassion towards the club.

GaryPendrysEyes

8 years+ in, Relegation, Sixfields, endless court cases, Stadium, Academy fiasco's, 2nd bottom in Div 3, club all over the floor and the likes of Nick, Torch, Grendel, ChiefDave and FernandoPartridge still cant see any problem with Sisu and mock fans who even suggest the owners might hold some responsibility for where we are.
What a set of wankers.

georgehudson

well said c/fat, & gpe, still the usual JS clan members will club together,
to try & take the p*ss out of anyone who dare to ask the reasonable questions of our owners

dongonzalos

Well you might scoff and take the piss but the 500 Northampton days saw my kids transition from interested regular attendees.................. to moved on to do other stuff now and they've barely looked back.

That was the most damaging stupid move ever.

I still believe that move was the catalyst for Wasps.

It damaged us short, medium and long term.

Users who are viewing this thread