letter in todays cov telegraph (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Fisher is not in a position to offer me anything. If anything he has taken it away.
Local businesses depend on footfall and the football business can be accommodated in Tescos car park and savoury counter.

You were offered the approved car parking initially as CCFC only weren't you? Which year was it?

Brylowes

You were offered the approved car parking initially as CCFC only weren't you? Which year was it?
I don't get this ongoing parking dig, I take it he owns land in the vicinity of the stadium
That gets used for match day parking, is that it ?

Hobo

Which young kids are crying their eyes out because SISU aren't going on the radio?

It doesn't say they are crying their eyes out because SISU aren't going on the radio though, does it. You are getting as bad a some journalists!

Last edited:

clint van damme

Where did I hear what?.
That Sisu were are actually good at what they do away from football.
Our leader has been quite successful with her other aquisitions just seems to have messed up buying CCFC and now seems to want to kill it off.
Might be wrong on the last bit but until they show me differently what other opinion can I have.

where did you hear they're successful away from football. I genuinely know very little about them. I've googled them but have never found out much about them although I've never put much time into it.

Gosford Green

8 years+ in, Relegation, Sixfields, endless court cases, Stadium, Academy fiasco's, 2nd bottom in Div 3, club all over the floor and the likes of Nick, Torch, Grendel, ChiefDave and FernandoPartridge still cant see any problem with Sisu and mock fans who even suggest the owners might hold some responsibility for where we are.
What a set of wankers.

An alternative description could be "Super Fans".

I wonder how many of this Wasp hating franchise foaming collective took their seats at Sixfileds? Thinking about it the title given to them in the first place is totally apt.

Gosford Green

where did you hear they're successful away from football. I genuinely know very little about them. I've googled them but have never found out much about them although I've never put much time into it.

One of their cash cows is acquiring company debt in the US. They pursue this through rather aggressive court action, as Fisher once said " batter people in court",

They hoped this culture of litigation would work here for them but they picked on people who are better placed to defend themselves than a financially distressed company under a different legal system.

georgehudson

anyway, back to the original thread,
a good letter, i thought,
i'm still bemused as to why JS continues to employ these characters who are 'not fit for purpose',
then again perhaps she has another plan in mind

ajsccfc

I know people look for ulterior motives in what they do, but I don't think you can rule them out just being a massive load of shit at their jobs.

torchomatic

Well, whilst my 8 year old lad is annoyed when we don't win, to think of him crying on the sofa because our owners aren't telling him why we're not winning is a little far-fetched tbh...

Spot on. My ten year old is CCFC mad, he lives and breaths the Sky Blues. He wants to win games, but still enjoys every minute of every game, whether we win, lose or draw. SISU doesn't come into it for him.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I know people look for ulterior motives in what they do, but I don't think you can rule them out just being a massive load of shit at their jobs.

Problem is for most level headed posters on here is that their is no coherent plan from the owners, they are reactive not pro active in the way they manage the club. I think thats why it is assumed that they are not the best at what they do.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Spot on. My ten year old is CCFC mad, he lives and breaths the Sky Blues. He wants to win games, but still enjoys every minute of every game, whether we win, lose or draw. SISU doesn't come into it for him.
But at his age Torch he has no understanding of whats being done to the club. My 15 and 12 year old boys stopped going last year despite having had season tickets for the previous 6 years, except for the Northampton debacle. The eldest has his own opinion and he thinks his time is better spent doing other things because of the fact that our owners don't want to put the time and effort required into us. They have said they will go back at some point in the future but are disheartened by the fact that we are continually pulling the rug from under our own feet.

georgehudson

a good analogy SVFA, pulling the rug from under our own feet is what we seem to do,
but for such a large conglomerate, i fail to see the merit in sisu's approach,
most organisations would be super keen to offload a failing arm of their business

skybluetony176

I don't get this ongoing parking dig, I take it he owns land in the vicinity of the stadium
That gets used for match day parking, is that it ?

That's about it. You should have seen the build up to that announcement. It was such an anticlimax. It was being made out that Italia was employed by Wasps. Grendull though he was Miss Marple or something. The build up was so tense with little hint's here and there over weeks as if Italia was going to be exposed as Nick Eastwood, then boom. He has a piece of land near the Ricoh where he charges for parking on match days. I think someone else even stole Grendulls thunder IIRC and let the cat out of the bag before Grendull did. He didn't even get to do a mike drop and leave the room. It was quite funny really.

albatross

Torch, your sons view point is spot on and that is how it should be. I have been following CCFC all my life and for 40+ of those years I did not care about the owners as it was the club that mattered. I would not care if SISU made millions from running the club properly and delivering on the pitch. But they seem intent on not delivering in order to maximise any potential damages they may be able to extract through the JR process

ajsccfc

Problem is for most level headed posters on here is that their is no coherent plan from the owners, they are reactive not pro active in the way they manage the club. I think thats why it is assumed that they are not the best at what they do.
That's what I'm saying. I don't think they've shown anything to suggest they're wily enough to have some kind of dastardly scheme or plan, they're just useless and in way over their heads with no idea what to do.

georgehudson

yes, many thanks jhfc,
the original thread was to view & then discuss the letter, as published in the coventry telegraph,
& does there have to be a fact or rumour, it was merely mr norman's opinion,
he was probably staying in & not going out to watch the Sky Blues

Grendel

That's about it. You should have seen the build up to that announcement. It was such an anticlimax. It was being made out that Italia was employed by Wasps. Grendull though he was Miss Marple or something. The build up was so tense with little hint's here and there over weeks as if Italia was going to be exposed as Nick Eastwood, then boom. He has a piece of land near the Ricoh where he charges for parking on match days. I think someone else even stole Grendulls thunder IIRC and let the cat out of the bag before Grendull did. He didn't even get to do a mike drop and leave the room. It was quite funny really.

What's funny is the only poster who has ever heaped gushing praise on sisu and the only poster whose heaped gushing praise on wasps is the same person. Your inability to understand why that is is what is most amusing,

Still giving you the gig on Saturday match days is he?

Also he doesn't have a piece of land - it's an approved site that can be booked on the internet and as soon as they moved here he advertised it on their website.

Brylowes

What's funny is the only poster who has ever heaped gushing praise on sisu and the only poster whose heaped gushing praise on wasps is the same person. Your inability to understand why that is is what is most amusing,

Also he doesn't have a piece of land - it's an approved site that can be booked on the internet and as soon as they moved here he advertised it on their website.
What's wrong with that then, probably £500 ( guess) for a couple of hours work
On Saturday afternoon, not a poster on here that wouldn't do the same. IMHO

Sky Blue Kid

That's probably because his school have drummed it into him that it's "Not the winning that counts, it's the taking part"

chiefdave

What's wrong with that then, probably £500 ( guess) for a couple of hours work
On Saturday afternoon, not a poster on here that wouldn't do the same. IMHO
I think the point Grendel is making is that the poster on here who is always singing the praises of Wasps and won't have a bad word said against them is one of their business partners and profits from them being here. One of SISU's overpaid lawyers would probably use the term conflict of interest.

skybluetony176

Naaaa. You not getting the opportunity to drop the A bomb (more of a damp squib in the end) after building it up for so long was way funnier.

skybluetony176

I think the point Grendel is making is that the poster on here who is always singing the praises of Wasps and won't have a bad word said against them is one of their business partners and profits from them being here. One of SISU's overpaid lawyers would probably use the term conflict of interest.

He also profits from CCFC being here. As does a number of business' on the Industrial estate, as I imagine they also do from Wasps. Have they all got conflict of interest? Are SISU's lawyers going to call them all to the stand?

He's just doing what any sensible person would do given the opportunity and he isn't alone.

Grendel

He also profits from CCFC being here. As does a number of business' on the Industrial estate, as I imagine they also do from Wasps. Have they all got conflict of interest? Are SISU's lawyers going to call them all to the stand?

He's just doing what any sensible person would do given the opportunity and he isn't alone.

When it was only CCFC here and he secured the contract with then he developed a natty little avatar praising sisu for being excellent owners.

shmmeee

Looking at the available information and deciding it is not all the fault of one group does not me you are happy with one particular group or think they have done no wrong.

May not be Sisu's fault, is their problem.

chiefdave

He also profits from CCFC being here.
How does he do that? He posted on here not long back that he doesn't open for CCFC games.

Nobody is saying he shouldn't post just that his point of view may well be influenced by the fact he is in business with Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread