Lester playing at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

You just said it Italia, you move on if CCFC end up playing in Exhall for exmaple then to me it's because they can't come to a compromise and sensible negotiations over the Ricoh, I think what CCFC are asking for, in the sense that they want all of the Ricoh isn't something that should be frowned upon, it's a reason why we are in this mess effectively because it's what Richardson wanted, however as me and Noggin discussed yesterday there are means and ways you go about these things, unfortunately as of this moment our owners are going about things completely the wrong way and have been since they stepped into the joint.

The economical best policy for the club is taking over ACL and a long lease.
The economical best for SISU is getting hold of the Ricoh on the cheap by putting ACL into administration and selling it.
Both are not achievable together so the club must be compromised by SISU to achieve their goal.

ACL can't be expected to entertain SISU and fight them as well.

torchomatic

Well, I think we all know it's not as black and white as that. Unless the Leicester Under 21s want a long-term lease with all the associated revenues. Or is it just a one off?!

Interesting that ACL didn't want to comment on it.

All this shows is tha leicester under 21s managed to secure the Ricoh Arena at the drop of a hat.

How easy SHOULD it be for CCFC to go back then?

chiefdave

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. Some people need to get a grip. Leicester's U21s can't play where they usually play as it is waterlogged. I would guess that they don't want to use the King Power as they want to protect the pitch if there's been a lot of rain. Their groundmans says I'll give them a call at the Ricoh, we might be able to use that and that's it.

It's one U21 game at noon on a weekday. Be lucky if there's anyone there, is it even open to the public?

I'd be pissed off if we were playing there and this could cause damage to the pitch but we're not so who cares.

If ACL are making money out of it and charging them a high fee good for them, equally if they're doing it at cost as a favour to a former employee I've got no problem with that either.

Quite frankly until someone says we're moving back there I couldn't give a toss who uses it.

Noggin

Exactly this thread is hilarious and incredibly sad at the same time, what hope do we ever have of being completely united with some of the completely unreasonable and nutty posts on this thread.

This is barely even news, acl bring in a small amount of money, good for them, Leicester's u21 game gets to go ahead, good for them, the impact on Coventry city and coventry city fans, absolutely none.

duffer

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. Some people need to get a grip. Leicester's U21s can't play where they usually play as it is waterlogged. I would guess that they don't want to use the King Power as they want to protect the pitch if there's been a lot of rain. Their groundmans says I'll give them a call at the Ricoh, we might be able to use that and that's it.

It's one U21 game at noon on a weekday. Be lucky if there's anyone there, is it even open to the public?

I'd be pissed off if we were playing there and this could cause damage to the pitch but we're not so who cares.

If ACL are making money out of it and charging them a high fee good for them, equally if they're doing it at cost as a favour to a former employee I've got no problem with that either.

Quite frankly until someone says we're moving back there I couldn't give a toss who uses it.

Spot on.

Are we really so petty that helping out another team for a one-off U21 game becomes a big issue. If we were using the pitch, it's another matter, but this doesn't harm the club in any way. Leicester aren't even in our division!

The only thing that would bother me is if the Ricoh became home to a 'franchise' side, be that rugby or football. But using the Ricoh like this really doesn't worry me at all.

James Smith

They charged the charity around £10,000

Any source for that figure? I was there and we were told that all the stewards, referees and players were giving their time for nothing

hackneyfox

What's wrong with the King Power Stadium? I could understand it (sort of) if it was a cup fixture and needed to be played at a neutral venue, but I don't know what to make of this, lets just open the Ricoh up to all of local rivals.

Local Rivals???
Talk about delusions of grandeur.

Gint11

I was annoyed when I first read this story but apparently it's been switched here as a one off due to the weather. I wouldn't be too bothered about that. If it became regular than they can fuck off

Astute

Any source for that figure? I was there and we were told that all the stewards, referees and players were giving their time for nothing

You should know by now that the only time Grendull deals with facts are whenever anyone else posts something. His posts seem to be immune to facts sometimes.

hackneyfox

Where have you been? I thought you may have visited us earlier.

Don't worry I saw the disinfectant being delivered to the stadium to clean the ground after the match ;)

I find myself feeling sorry for you, nobody should be going through what you are.
Happy to see you down another division but you should be playing at the ricoh.

Moff

I find myself feeling sorry for you, nobody should be going through what you are.
Happy to see you down another division but you should be playing at the ricoh.

I feel warm in the heart now, due to your kind compassion. ;)

You are obviously on a high after beating the blouse last night. Don't throw it away this year!

Grendel

You should know by now that the only time Grendull deals with facts are whenever anyone else posts something. His posts seem to be immune to facts sometimes.

It's a figure that was charged 3 years ago - that's a fact in your world isn't it?

I am starting a campaign for our six fingered brothers and sisters up the 69 - KLIL Keep Leicester in Leicester - who's in?

Covstu

We have no tie to the Ricoh anymore (maybe a small emotional one but thats it). I think it is seen as a kick in the teeth that we should be playing there and no-one else but this is life unfortunately. As long as this isnt a permanent arrnagement, i dont give a shit.

Astute

It's a figure that was charged 3 years ago - that's a fact in your world isn't it?

And we have more recent facts as ACL keep to the law by showing their accounts and have offered much lower rent this season........you know FREE........yet it don't go with your idea of SISU getting the Arena for next to nothing. Wheras your beloved SISU don't show their accounts for our club when they can get away with it.

I hope you are enjoying your over 100k wages for an unskilled job
smiley-laughing012.gif

hackneyfox

For once I find myself agreeing with Hackers. They're some points clear at top of the Championship, and separated from us by 35 places. We are to Leicester by current position, what Leicester are to Real Madrid

You're also £70m more in debt than we are with a very poor turnover due to not playing games at home.
We will make FFP apparently, what will happen to you?

Noggin

You're also £70m more in debt than we are with a very poor turnover due to not playing games at home.

Rules don't apply to us. We have lawyers, no strikers, no ground, but plenty of fucking lawyers.

RoboCCFC90

We're 35 places above you, how are we rivals?

We will always be local rivals, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are not in the same league, but are they not Local Rivals? Bradford and Leeds, Milwall and West Ham, Birmingham and Villa... Shall I go on?

Ashdown1

Is that true ?? and there was me thinking that Leicesters debt had just exceeded £105 million

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Hey, come on; I played fair! In précis; we're fecked, both now and for many seasons to come. It would be disingenuous for me to claim anything otherwise; as both you and I know it to clearly be the case

hackneyfox

Is that true ?? and there was me thinking that Leicesters debt had just exceeded £105 million

Sorry to disappoint you but the owneres turned the debt into equity via a shares creation and bought the lot themselves. They have also created extra shares to cover another 8m of debt should it be needed.
I like our owners, thanks to them we are one of the few debt free clubs in the country.

shmmeee

Sorry to disappoint you but the owneres turned the debt into equity via a shares creation and bought the lot themselves. They have also created extra shares to cover another 8m of debt should it be needed.
I like our owners, thanks to them we are one of the few debt free clubs in the country.

Be careful there mate, we've heard that one before ourselves. Not long later we were £60m in debt and in admin.

Users who are viewing this thread