Lester playing at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

turlykerd

Just going back to a previous comment, I'm wondering how many would attend a one off game if sixfeilds was waterlogged and we played at the Ricoh ???

skybluealan

What is the problem, a one off game, cannot understand all the fuss. Sisu have had many chances to bring CCFC home

bigfatronssba

I don't care whether you agree with the Council or Ccfc on other matter. This is a fricking disgrace.

I agree. I've lost some respect for ACL on this one.

torchomatic

Can't see a problem with it. It's sitting there empty. It's not like a deal is imminent, is it? And both sides keep banging on about moving on. Seems like ACL are.

bigfatronssba

Can't see a problem with it. It's sitting there empty. It's not like a deal is imminent, is it? And both sides keep banging on about moving on. Seems like ACL are.

Its just very symbolic. If CCFC were still at the Ricoh then I wouldn't care less.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Not sure why this is viewed as a disgrace.

I agree totally Coventry City not playing there is a total disgrace.

However with SISU moving Coventry City for some reasons that are way beyond my understanding , the stadium is free and being used to help someone out.

Leicester would be towards the "very bottom of my helping out list" but my dislike of the Leicester fans is NOT a good reason why they that club should not be helped. out.

John_Silletts_Nose

Makes perfect sense as CCFC do not want to use it, then it should be used by someone.

Maybe Northampton Town would like to use it when their pitch is unplayable.

Astute

I feel sorry for the poor Leicester fans who can't watch their boys cos their owners have inexplicably moved them 26 miles away.

I also think that ACL are now just as bad as Cardoza.

Try looking at the offal. Our home ground is Sixfields. Are you saying that the ground shouldn't be used at all until SISU stop messing about with our club and fans.

Hopefully it will make SISU stop and think about what they are doing and notice that more can happen than they have plans for........and that is only plan B.

And you say that ACL are as bad as Cardoza :pointlaugh: So an under 21 game when no pitches are playable is the same as moving the main club of a city to share a ground 34 miles away that isn't big enough if the average gate turned up is the same? This shows you are normally on the windup if you keep on making out you are serious.

Sky Blue Harry H

Some irony in that Northampton's game has been postponed - and Saturday's game v Walsall is in doubt, yet the Ricoh is fit to host games!

If this crap weather keeps getting games postponed at Sixfields and a fixture backlog ensues, it will be interesting to see if Northampton consider the Ricoh option for one-offs - if the FL allow! The press will have a field day with that. Also - keep cancelling games until a) we sign someone and b) Calum is fit again!

ccfcway

Some irony in that Northampton's game has been postponed - and Saturday's game v Walsall is in doubt, yet the Ricoh is fit to host games!

If this crap weather keeps getting games postponed at Sixfields and a fixture backlog ensues, it will be interesting to see if Northampton consider the Ricoh option for one-offs - if the FL allow! The press will have a field day with that. Also - keep cancelling games until a) we sign someone and b) Calum is fit again!

And the FL !. Those fixtures need fulfilling !

AJB1983

Agree with the last comments. They won't make anything out of this money wise and in the media we will be a joke. I am seething especially with all the effort KCIC did for us fans at Arsenal. We were singing about we want to go home to the Ricoh but to allow our local rivals to play an U21 game on OUR home ground is unbelieveable.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Grendel

Try looking at the offal. Our home ground is Sixfields. Are you saying that the ground shouldn't be used at all until SISU stop messing about with our club and fans.

Hopefully it will make SISU stop and think about what they are doing and notice that more can happen.

I assume your joking. After all their posturing this is the best ACL can do? They've even alienated some fans. Fisher and waggot will be pissing themselves laughing.

I assume when letsallsingtogether kept saying watch this space this is what he meant. Oh dear.

italiahorse

I assume your joking. After all their posturing this is the best ACL can do? They've even alienated some fans. Fisher and waggot will be pissing themselves laughing.

I assume when letsallsingtogether kept saying watch this space this is what he meant. Oh dear.

It's the thin end of a wedge.
The Ricoh is up for rent including the bowl is the message here.

Watch this space for further developments next week !!

Grendel

I agree. I've lost some respect for ACL on this one.

Why? The council and ACL have never given a fuck about CCFC or it its fans. Gidney never wanted the club there. We'd have been kicked out years ago if villa Leicester or anyone else wanted the stadium and offered one penny more.

Seriously wake up.

Rusty Trombone

I don't care whether you agree with the Council or Ccfc on other matter. This is a fricking disgrace.

I think Stephen Fry gave a good response to this sort of outrage..... 'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?'

Grendel

It's the thin end of a wedge.
The Ricoh is up for rent including the bowl is the message here.

Watch this space for further developments next week !!

What next? Villa supporters club third 11 are going to play there as their pub pitch is waterlogged? Lol this is hilarious.

Rusty Trombone

Why? The council and ACL have never given a fuck about CCFC or it its fans. Gidney never wanted the club there. We'd have been kicked out years ago if villa Leicester or anyone else wanted the stadium and offered one penny more.

Seriously wake up.

How would they have kicked us out?

RFC

I feel totally confident that CCC (who I'd like to point out, are supporting ACL's business plan), will be charging The Foxes £1.28 million per season or pro-rata?
LOL!

italiahorse

What next? Villa supporters club third 11 are going to play there as their pub pitch is waterlogged? Lol this is hilarious.

You miss the point. It's a form of advertising. "The bowl is available for rental. anybody welcome"

Just hope a big concern don't step in and condemn the club to the small time forever.

will am i

Seriously wake up.
Yes, seriously wake up. Coventry City have moved on and are building their own new stadium. There is a sports stadium in Coventry for rent because the previous occupiers no longer want or need it. What are ACL meant to do then?Id rent it out to anyone who will pay me

Grendel

You miss the point. It's a form of advertising. "The bowl is available for rental. anybody welcome"

Just hope a big concern don't step in and condemn the club to the small time forever.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Seriously mate you need a career in stand up

James Smith

I have been saying for ages that ACL would start to look for other tenants/users for the pitch if given long enough without us. Just why did it have to be Leicester as the first non Coventry team!

The Gentleman

Only apologists like you would tie yourself up in knots by now trying to justify ACL's actions by making the ridiculous assertion that Sixfields is our 'home ground'.

If I had signed a 5 year rental agreement for a house I wanted to live in and after a few months of settling in, me and the wife had a night out and at the end of it I said "come on it's time to go home", would that be a ridiculous assertion? The fact is Sixfields is our home for the foreseeable future. 'Temporary ground share' is buzz words that the FL love to hear but not us fans.

Users who are viewing this thread