Lester playing at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

japandy

I know they need to get something hapening but this is really hitting us below the belt. I can't believe ACL and CCC would allow this after all our fans have been through/

RoboCCFC90

Is it a cup fixture or a designated home fixture?

CovFan

Considering the weather we've been having the Ricoh is probably the only available pitch nearby that isn't waterlogged. I think Leicester's usual U21 matches are played at Hinckley.

gouldberg

No doubt they'll be paying a small fee to use the facility and is probably a forced move due to all the bad weather. I'm not sure where their U21 team play but I doubt it has the facilities and drainage the Ricoh can offer. Probably just a 1 time thing so they can guarantee the game isn't postponed. Nothing to see here in my opinion.

Hobo

The new groundsman obviously said their pitch is shit but I know where there is a brilliant one.

fernandopartridge

I feel sorry for the poor Leicester fans who can't watch their boys cos their owners have inexplicably moved them 26 miles away.

I also think that ACL are now just as bad as Cardoza.

gouldberg

Just following on from the weather comments, it will be really interesting to see what happens later in the week should this weather continue. With Sixfields unplayable today, and with a 'Home' fixture on Saturday, would Sisu swallow pride and use the Ricoh for one game if the Sixfields pitch is still waterlogged?

It would be terrible to see a Coventry home game postponed due to a waterlogged pitch if the big empty arena in Coventry is playable.

fernandopartridge

Just following on from the weather comments, it will be really interesting to see what happens later in the week should this weather continue. With Sixfields unplayable today, and with a 'Home' fixture on Saturday, would Sisu swallow pride and use the Ricoh for one game if the Sixfields pitch is still waterlogged?

It would be terrible to see a Coventry home game postponed due to a waterlogged pitch if the big empty arena in Coventry is playable.

Are you a new poster or an old one who has been rebranded with a new banner?

japandy

I feel sorry for the poor Leicester fans who can't watch their boys cos their owners have inexplicably moved them 26 miles away. I also think that ACL are now just as bad as Cardoza.
Agree with the last comments. They won't make anything out of this money wise and in the media we will be a joke. I am seething especially with all the effort KCIC did for us fans at Arsenal. We were singing about we want to go home to the Ricoh but to allow our local rivals to play an U21 game on OUR home ground is unbelieveable.

Hobo

I feel sorry for the poor Leicester fans who can't watch their boys cos their owners have inexplicably moved them 26 miles away.

I also think that ACL are now just as bad as Cardoza.

Nice try as a wind up ;-)

RoboCCFC90

What's wrong with the King Power Stadium? I could understand it (sort of) if it was a cup fixture and needed to be played at a neutral venue, but I don't know what to make of this, lets just open the Ricoh up to all of local rivals.

Hobo

Agree with the last comments. They won't make anything out of this money wise and in the media we will be a joke. I am seething especially with all the effort KCIC did for us fans at Arsenal. We were singing about we want to go home to the Ricoh but to allow our local rivals to play an U21 game on OUR home ground is unbelieveable.
Get a grip it's U21's for Christ sake.... Leicester City aren't moving in. Do you remember our reserves playing in Nuneaton?

valiant15

It's not our home ground anymore.

Sixfields is.

RoboCCFC90

Get a grip it's U21's for Christ sake.... Leicester City aren't moving in. Do you remember our reserves playing in Nuneaton?

We aren't moving into Sixfields either, we are only Groundsharing temporarily..

Mr T - Sukka!

There is no issue with anyone using the ricoh. U21s, womens, internationals, legends.

I would only have an issue with if a first team wanted to play there instead of CCFC proper.

blueflint

sentiment is ok but its not our home ground at the moment as SISU won't let it be

Hobo

We aren't moving into Sixfields either, we are only Groundsharing temporarily..

It hasn't become a clubs home ground like Sixfields has for us. Stop trying to use a one off game for political spin.

fernandopartridge

It hasn't become a clubs home ground like Sixfields has for us. Stop trying to use a one off game for political spin.

Only apologists like you would tie yourself up in knots by now trying to justify ACL's actions by making the ridiculous assertion that Sixfields is our 'home ground'.

Hobo

Only apologists like you would tie yourself up in knots by now trying to justify ACL's actions by making the ridiculous assertion that Sixfields is our 'home ground'.

There is a big difference between a one off re arranged fixture and moving a club. When Leicester start playing all their home fixtures at the Ricoh I agree that would be wrong.

shmmeee

Nonsense! No team with support below 20k can ever play a game there thanks to the money grubbing council!

/grendel

shmmeee

Why do ACL need to justify their actions?

It's not our home. We've moved on. ACL are a distressed business in need of cash.

/labovitch

RoboCCFC90

A home would mean its permnament must have missed that news flash.

Hobo

A home would mean its permnament must have missed that news flash.

I have obviously missed the one when they have given a date to come back or where the land is for the stadium. Until either of those are announced it sounds permanent to me!

RoboCCFC90

I have obviously missed the one when they have given a date to come back or where the land is for the stadium. Until either of those are announced it sounds permanent to me!

Well those things take time hence why they were given five years..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Well those things take time hence why they were given five years..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's permanent for the foreseeable future, the next five years.

Leicester U21's are playing one game? Hardly a comparison is it?

If you and Fernando can't differentiate between the two then my flabber is gasted!

Users who are viewing this thread