Leon Clarke transfer request (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackrattles

Here we go again just when we get a decent manager in and have two red hot strikers banging in the goals,we get brought back down to earth again.We claw back a ten point deficit with a young but promising team and have the fans excited at maybe getting a play off place ? but just when you think we are on a roll bang we get knocked back again.
We could be losing Clarke to another club.his partner is sidelined for months,and our manager is for the first time showing signs of pressure.Being a Coventry City fan is not for the faint hearted,you need to be thick skinned and prepared for lots of ups and downs.This month could make or break our season get ready for more twists and turns !

ecky

Here we go again just when we get a decent manager in and have two red hot strikers banging in the goals,we get brought back down to earth again.We claw back a ten point deficit with a young but promising team and have the fans excited at maybe getting a play off place ? but just when you think we are on a roll bang we get knocked back again.
We could be losing Clarke to another club.his partner is sidelined for months,and our manager is for the first time showing signs of pressure.Being a Coventry City fan is not for the faint hearted,you need to be thick skinned and prepared for lots of ups and downs.This month could make or break our season get ready for more twists and turns !

I am thinking longer? How about our future?

Brighton Sky Blue

We would be better off holding onto him until the summer-let his value increase with any extra goals he scores between now and the end of the season and see where it takes us. We can ill afford to replace somebody of his quality at this point in time and with the squad threadbare anyway it does us no harm keeping him-it would not be in his interests to stop bothering.

georgehudson

do we therefore await the new year JS message, about how the club will move forward ?
and if LC is requesting a move, how tenable are the positions of TF & SW ?
perhaps ML will blame everyone else, including the fans

ccfc_Tom

Guttin if he goes. if true we could do with trying to get a trade deal out of him. cassidy at wolves has potential for example.

shy_tall_knight

We will struggle to attract anybody decent to join permanently, Elvis may review his position if an offer comes his way, a strike force of jordan clarke and the unknown Dutchmanplaying to 2,000 isn't what elvis had in mind when he took the job

Grendel

What is the point of language like that. We are all fans of CCFC, we just have differing opinions; get used to it.

Yes that Sisu arselicking cap certainly fits you perfectly. You have the proud record of being the most laughable apologist arsehole on here. Well done.

What do you think about GpE's reply? A poster incidentally who I doubt has ever seen Clarke play.

Are you saying anyone who uses such language and far worse should be pulled up for it?

GaryPendrysEyes

What do you think about GpE's reply? A poster incidentally who I doubt has ever seen Clarke play.

Are you saying anyone who uses such language and far worse should be pulled up for it?

Grendull you do realise I merely played your language back to you... do take your head out the Sisu arshole and keep up!

lordsummerisle

No, brighter than you will ever be big fella. I'm just honest, I like to call a Sisu apologist a Sisu apologist.

As I said, thick as pig-shit.

With your penchant for lynch-mobs, would have thought you'd have been amongst the leaders wielding pitch-forks and shouting "Kill, Kill Jimmy Hill" when he was Chairman anyway.

J

Jack Griffin

We will struggle to attract anybody decent to join permanently, Elvis may review his position if an offer comes his way, a strike force of jordan clarke and the unknown Dutchmanplaying to 2,000 isn't what elvis had in mind when he took the job

I don't know about that, he knew what he was coming into, playing with a very young team was always going to happen.
The cat 2 academy & the opportunity to manage at a significantly higher level than Falkirk was what he came for.

(having said than I just checked Falkirks average attendence this year & it is 3044, higher than Sixfields)

Last edited by a moderator:

shy_tall_knight

We can't build for the future, it is usual for the better players to aspire to play at a higher level but whilst we remain in this league and unlikely to make the play -offs, we will continue to lose our better players. I can't remember if we are under an embargo or are we still in administration, its hardly the recipe for stability and growth on the playing front, we are constantly firefighting reacting to events, this club is a shambles, with a good manger and few good players at league1 level.

Grendel

To be fair re 'usual suspects'. Sisu could crucify Jimmy Hill in Broadgate and you, Torchy, Nick, Summerisle, RoboCCFC90 would say they were helping him have a nice day out in the fresh air with a great view of Coventry.

do we therefore await the new year JS message, about how the club will move forward ?
and if LC is requesting a move, how tenable are the positions of TF & SW ?
perhaps ML will blame everyone else, including the fans

I assume the pair of you were on the pitch yelling "kill jimmy hill" after a Birmingham game? After all he sold far more players as chairman for quick cash than sisu ever have?

Marty

If he wants to go then let him, but make them pay top whack. Otherwise I'd let him rot in the reserves.

mrtrench

Looking through Gary Pendry's eyes
Looking through Gary Pendry's eyes
Gary and his eyes have parted company

Tonylinc

Yes, I am. We are all CCFC fans at the end of the day and none of us should be subjected to that sort of language. We all have our views and would love to see the club once again play in Coventry. How we achieve that end is a matter of conjecture but all views and opinions are equally valid.

junglej13

Regardless of the Telegraph article Pressley's comment after the game about Clarkes injury suggests to me he may have put in a transfer request.

shy_tall_knight

I don't know about that, he knew what he was coming into, playing with a very young team was always going to happen.
The cat 2 academy & the opportunity to manage at a significantly higher level than Falkirk was what he came for.

Would he have joined if he knew about northants and the continual budget cuts, despite SISUE saying they will fund the club no evidence of a replacement striker relying on just 2 for most of the sseason isn't a properly funded competitive squad.

GaryPendrysEyes

As I said, thick as pig-shit.

With your penchant for lynch-mobs, would have thought you'd have been amongst the leaders wielding pitch-forks and shouting "Kill, Kill Jimmy Hill" when he was Chairman anyway.

Wow, anyone holding Sisu to account for the mess we are in really makes you angry doesnt it? If you ever get round to doing a GCSE in Business Studies, try to REALLY concentrate on who is responsible for the stewardship of a business...

valiant15

£350k is a drop in the ocean to what sisu are losing in Northampton,if sisu are serious about promotion why don't they reject the request(if true)and tell him he's not going anywhere. They'll make a killing off the arsenal gate to offset clarkes fee.

GaryPendrysEyes

I assume the pair of you were on the pitch yelling "kill jimmy hill" after a Birmingham game? After all he sold far more players as chairman for quick cash than sisu ever have?

Grendull - ok ok we all know you think Sisu have achieved more than Jimmy Hill ever did.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
COVENTRY City face a battle to hold on to top scorer Leon Clarke with Wolves planning a bid to take him back to his home-town club.
The 28-year-old striker, who has fired 18 goals in 27 appearances this season, missed today’s 2-2 draw against Crawley with a groin strain and when asked when he was likely to be fit for a return manager Steven Pressley’s cryptic reply was: “You’ll have to ask Leon.”
Although Wolves are in advanced talks with Wigan’s Nouha Dicko, it is understood that Kenny Jackett sees Clarke as the man who could supply the goals to spur his side’s push for automatic promotion to the Championship.
The Telegraph understands that, contrary to some reports circulating tonight, Clarke has not handed in a transfer request.
And although Pressley would be reluctant to hold on to an unhappy player – especially one who has chalked up 13 clubs since failing to make the grade at Molineux first time around – the Sky Blues would be able to hold out for a substantial fee as he still has 18 months left on his contract.
City rebuffed enquires for the striker in the summer transfer window and have consistently maintained they would only sell if a ‘ridiculous’ offer was made.

Looks like Leon told the club he wasn't fit for today's game, rather than our medical team by these comments!

georgehudson

grendell, grow up, i am merely saddened by the continuance of owners who care nowt for us fans,
before you chirp,
i was of a similar opinion, but less ascerbic, about previous owners,
with 1 exception

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Wow, anyone holding Sisu to account for the mess we are in really makes you angry doesnt it? If you ever get round to doing a GCSE in Business Studies, try to REALLY concentrate on who is responsible for the stewardship of a business...

First lesson for Tim and Joy
th

Grendel

To be fair re 'usual suspects'. Sisu could crucify Jimmy Hill in Broadgate and you, Torchy, Nick, Summerisle, RoboCCFC90 would say they were helping him have a nice day out in the fresh air with a great view of Coventry.

You really are thick as pig-shit aren't you?

I've had a note from the pig shit union saying they are suing you for defamation. To even compare GPE's IQ to pigshit has caused them outrage. They said its even worse than the last comparison with Italiahorse.

RoboCCFC90

Lordsummerisle = thick as pig shit Sisu apologist fetishist

Please go away and spout your rubbish somewhere else, you have ruined what was a perfectly good thread (considering the circumstances)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread