Leon Clarke transfer request (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecky

Ecky I like your comments usually but this one I can't understand it's not the right attitude..

robbo Leon knows whats going on at the club more than we do, i wish he would stay..but players have a small window in their careers.
Do you honestly think he has a future at our club in its present state? playing at "home" infront of 1500 to 2000 people? where is the buzz in that?

The club is CCFC and we play in northampton, we have a faceless owner, no ambition for promotion need i say more...

J

Jack Griffin

Personally, I think he's doing what Leon does. 13 clubs at 28 says it all to me, Hopefully, he'll stay.

You missed my point.. whoosh, I won't bother to explain.. however your comment raises a different issue.. if LC can be expected to move clubs then surely if the club is well managed Pressely & Waggot will be prepared for his move & have someone lined up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboCCFC90

robbo Leon knows whats going on at the club more than we do, i wish he would stay..but players have a small window in their careers.
Do you honestly think he has a future at our club in its present state? playing at "home" infront of 1500 to 2000 people? where is the buzz in that?

The club is CCFC and we play in northampton, we have a faceless owner, no ambition for promotion need i say more...

I understand where you're coming from in that respect, but to say our club is a joke is wrong, I can understand the appeal if he moves.

Nick

Administrator
It's amazing how people can all read the same comment and get so much information from it.

How many clubs has he had?

Has it been confirmed?

skybluesloyal83

If he goes to the championship I'd have money on him not scoring more than 5 more goals this season, like Carl baker and Franck moussa he's a very good player in this division but can't cut it at a higher level

Del Boy 82

I like Leon, an I think it would be a bad move in his career. Think he's a prolific L1 striker but not good enough for championship. If things don't happen at his new club straight away fans will be on his back an unloved an he will have to start his career again. At city he's valued an the main figure up front an we support him. Look at the reception he got when leaving the pitch at barnsley. Think twice Leon, grass ain't always greener

bringbackrattles

Leon Clarke is a journeyman and although I would like to see him stay with us that now seems very unlikely.
With Wilson out for a few months if Clarke goes that's our strike partnership broken up. Pressley blamed an unknown player today for letting the team down,I reckon he is seething inside that his lethal strike force is about to go,and one or two others could depart as well,this has the feeling of another Robbins fiasco !

RoboCCFC90

After your last sentence I replied to, do you really need to ask? I can see you now, sitting him down in a 1 to 1 telling him it's not the behaviour you expect from someone who usually is so sensible

I am not going to say that however, labelling the Club a disgrace is a bit harsh..

thaiskyblue

Leon Clarke is a journeyman and although I would like to see him stay with us that now seems very unlikely.
With Wilson out for a few months if Clarke goes that's our strike partnership broken up. Pressley blamed an unknown player today for letting the team down,I reckon he is seething inside that his lethal strike force is about to go,and one or two others could depart as well,this has the feeling of another Robbins fiasco !
spot on mate, that's what i mean't earlier about not being his style to have at go at the players, i think the stress and strains of the off field fiasco are starting to show, hold on this could be a rocky ride.

The Gentleman

I am not going to say that however, labelling the Club a disgrace is a bit harsh..

I was joking but never mind. However, I think what the poster was alluding to was our esteemed owners more than CCFC itself (i Hope) and I think that most of us can agree that some of the things that our owners have done are disgraceful.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I understand where you're coming from in that respect, but to say our club is a joke is wrong, I can understand the appeal if he moves.

I'm not one to rejoice in bad news or use it as a reason to shout at the owners or shout ha ha see I was right to other fans. But Let's face it, our club is a joke.

cloughie

Quote grendull
It's the so called fans that pretend they support the club bit just love it when bad news comes along that are truly disgusting.

That will be as disgusting as hoping your own team loses a match
:whistle:

RoboCCFC90

I was joking but never mind. However, I think what the poster was alluding to was our esteemed owners more than CCFC itself (i Hope) and I think that most of us can agree that some of the things that our owners have done are disgraceful.

I don't disagree with that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

COVENTRY City face a battle to hold on to top scorer Leon Clarke with Wolves planning a bid to take him back to his home-town club.
The 28-year-old striker, who has fired 18 goals in 27 appearances this season, missed today’s 2-2 draw against Crawley with a groin strain and when asked when he was likely to be fit for a return manager Steven Pressley’s cryptic reply was: “You’ll have to ask Leon.”
Although Wolves are in advanced talks with Wigan’s Nouha Dicko, it is understood that Kenny Jackett sees Clarke as the man who could supply the goals to spur his side’s push for automatic promotion to the Championship.
The Telegraph understands that, contrary to some reports circulating tonight, Clarke has not handed in a transfer request.
And although Pressley would be reluctant to hold on to an unhappy player – especially one who has chalked up 13 clubs since failing to make the grade at Molineux first time around – the Sky Blues would be able to hold out for a substantial fee as he still has 18 months left on his contract.
City rebuffed enquires for the striker in the summer transfer window and have consistently maintained they would only sell if a ‘ridiculous’ offer was made.

GaryPendrysEyes

Never read so much crap.

Nothing to do with the club whatsoever and there is nothing they can so.

Clarke has built a career on leaving clubs cheap and moving for large signing on fees. He has already stayed her longer than normal. Does that suggest this club is well organised and better than the previous ones? No. It suggests no one has offered him a deal.

Clarkes a mercenary that's what you get. He has to go - no club has ever kept him after the request - the goals disappear.

His played where he had for a reason and its not ability.

The most annoying thing is the usual subjects jumping on the bandwagon almost rejoicing at the news. They would rather say ha ha we hate sisu and that's why than see the club prosper.

At least we know what Leon Clark is. It's the so called fans that pretend they support the club bit just love it when bad news comes along that are truly disgusting.

To be fair re 'usual suspects'. Sisu could crucify Jimmy Hill in Broadgate and you, Torchy, Nick, Summerisle, RoboCCFC90 would say they were helping him have a nice day out in the fresh air with a great view of Coventry.

Last edited:

Grendel

To be fair re 'usual suspects'. Sisu could crucify Jimmy Hill in Broadgate and you, Torchy, Nick, Summerisle would say they were helping him have a nice day out in the fresh air with a great view of Coventry.

Well if the cap fits wear it arsehole.

RoboCCFC90

meant the owners, chairmans directors, years and years of wasted money and bloated egos

We have had a continuous amount of owners who are useless.

Sky Blue Harry H

Let's just hope that whoever replaces Leon (assuming he's off), we get lucky with them. Remember, we were all gutted when Marlon left, when McGoldrick went elsewhere and now it might be Leon. There's always another down the road - the main thing that worries me, is that we're probably in our weakest position ever to attract someone (if there's competition for that player). Best bet will be a Scottish youth who hardly anyone's heard of, or a non league player who scores for fun at a lower level, but might just click?) One thing that will be interesting, is that SISU can dig their heels in and be obstinate when they want (unfortunately) - it would be interesting to see if they dug their heels in re: Leon and told him 'tough sh^t' and made him see out is contract. Just a thought!

Evo1883

I feel sorry for pressley and his staff , they want so much for this club you can tell , but they will never achieve it because whenever things look up , something is always there to sting us .
WE...ARE...CURSED

RoboCCFC90

What is the point of language like that. We are all fans of CCFC, we just have differing opinions; get used to it.

To be fair Tony GPE is a little wind up merchant and picking out users in a quote like that was asking for that response.

Tonylinc

Let's just hope that whoever replaces Leon (assuming he's off), we get lucky with them. Remember, we were all gutted when Marlon left, when McGoldrick went elsewhere and now it might be Leon. There's always another down the road - the main thing that worries me, is that we're probably in our weakest position ever to attract someone (if there's competition for that player). Best bet will be a Scottish youth who hardly anyone's heard of, or a non league player who scores for fun at a lower level, but might just click?) One thing that will be interesting, is that SISU can dig their heels in and be obstinate when they want (unfortunately) - it would be interesting to see if they dug their heels in re: Leon and told him 'tough sh^t' and made him see out is contract. Just a thought!
You can not keep an unhappy player. We have seen that many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread