Leon Clarke joins on loan?? (5 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Thanks, at least someone sees it my way! :p

People are saying SISU have an end game to get the RICOH, but even that won't make up their losses (40+m) unless we gets to the prem. Also, in the context of society, SISU are driven by profit, like every corporation, so their only option is to try and get to the prem, I think this is why we are seeing a change in policy from SISU. The main criticism of they don't replace our best players, well, we have already replaced McG with Clarke, 3rd top goalscorer with 23rd Scunny, and this is before McG has even left so we could end up with 2 of the best strikers in L1.

IMO, getting relegated could be a blessing in disguise, we're (hopefully) rising out of the ashes like a Phoenix.

Skybluestaylor is TF.

The student bit is too throw everyone completely off the scent. How many A level students do you know arguing at this level.

Well done TF.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Skybluestaylor is TF.

The student bit is too throw everyone completely off the scent. How many a level students do you know arguing at this level.

Well done TF.

If you really think I'm TF... You need help bro.

I do take compliment that you are calling me intelligent, but, I'm Taylor, not TF.

dongonzalos

I believe the relegation was intended, if the most stupid owners in the world could not have made those decisions last season and not know what the outcome would be.

blueflint

Yes, thanks Higgs trust and Coventry council for letting us have the Ricoh for such a fair and reasonable price.
Thanks very much.

ccfc agreed the rent sisu knew the rent when they took us on. 5yrs later they argue; it its far too late should of been done three seasons ago live with it play fair.

Gaz

I think that clearly is the problem my fellow skyblue.
We can not live with it.

blueflint

Capitalism can also be immoral.shit happens.couldn't care 1 bit for acl.
Don't moan or get angry when gas electricity companies keep putting putting your prices up because its immoral not to pay them lol.give me a break

cant argue with that but why should we lower ourselves to that standard we are better than that i hope

dongonzalos

If the long game is the to put ACL out of business relegation would support that .

Positives for SISU

Wages down
Chances of success up = attendances up.
Business case to support withholding rent or getting rent for next to nothing due to League one status, up
Fans expect the cost cutting.
Fans accept loanees and free transfers as signings

Negatives income down ( less than the cost cutting), so not really an issue.

dongonzalos

If the long game is the to put ACL out of business relegation would support that .

Positives for SISU

Wages down
Chances of success up = attendances up.
Business case to support withholding rent or getting rent for next to nothing due to League one status, up
Fans expect the cost cutting.
Fans accept loanees and free transfers as signings

Negatives income down ( less than the cost cutting), so not really an issue.

Aim get back into championship with overall cheaper squad and much lower costs such as rent. Higher attendances on the back of success and an air of expectation.

Damage done to the resolve of ACL for the bigger picture.

dongonzalos

Aim get back into championship with overall cheaper squad and much lower costs such as rent. Higher attendances on the back of success and an air of expectation.

'It's not just a normal long term destruction of another business. '

'It's a SISU destruction of another business'

Brighton Sky Blue

Why do we pay rent? Because ACL are entrusted with the lease. Why are we not part of ACL? Because McGinnity sold off our share in the venture to pay off debts. Why did we have enormous debts? Because Richardson took a punt.

You want the root cause here that man is it. If the club hadn't sold its share there would have been none of this nonsense now. The way people applaud Fisher for his handling of this is an utter embarrassment.

mrtrench

That's madness. Only a fool would try and get back to the Championship when relegation is such a great idea. Why not repeat the trick and get even lower wages, higher attendance etc.?

Brighton Sky Blue

That's madness. Only a fool would try and get back to the Championship when relegation is such a great idea. Why not repeat the trick and get even lower wages, higher attendance etc.?

Why not just get relegated every season-soon SISU's costs will be zero and the derbies with Cov Sphinx will bring in hundreds.

dongonzalos

Why do we pay rent? Because ACL are entrusted with the lease. Why are we not part of ACL? Because McGinnity sold off our share in the venture to pay off debts. Why did we have enormous debts? Because Richardson took a punt.

You want the root cause here that man is it. If the club hadn't sold its share there would have been none of this nonsense now. The way people applaud Fisher for his handling of this is an utter embarrassment.

Who were the debtors who got paid off when we sold our share?

To be honest though

The day SISU took over they were aware of the history.

I am more focused on watching what they do now.

The way I see it we really do seem to keep making pacts with the devil. One day the devil will trade those pacts in....

mrtrench

Nice idea BoltonSkyBlue. But aim to lose those games against Sphinx too - cannot forget the bottom line,

Brighton Sky Blue

Nice idea BoltonSkyBlue. But aim to lose those games against Sphinx too - cannot forget the bottom line,

Like that thinking. Must be off-Peter Kay's on at the Reebok and he's handing out fresh Bisto to the first hundred through the door.

dongonzalos

Have our costs fallen?

Will our attendances rise if we get in the top six.

Is the ' average league one rent' line the main point of sisus rent argument.

If SISU get the rent down and get us promoted. Will the relegation overall be the best thing that happened to them or the worst?

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't applaud TF, but if it works, I won't complain.

mrtrench

Have our costs fallen?

Will our attendances rise if we get in the top six.

Is the ' average league one rent' line the main point of sisus rent argument.

If SISU get the rent down and get us promoted. Will the relegation overall be the best thing that happened to them or the worst?

Why the big suit?

sky blue john

League one rent bollocks which is TFs argument.
Is everyone forgetting that when Sisu stopped paying the rent we were in the championship.
Now i agree with a rent reduction but we still don't have all the facts of what is involved in all the costs, to be able to make an informed decision which is fair.

Mucca Mad Boys

Is everyone forgetting that when Sisu stopped paying the rent we were in the championship.
Now i agree with a rent reduction but we still don't have all the facts of what is involved in all the costs, to be able to make an informed decision which is fair.

Our rent is way above Championship average, the argument is still applicable.

Astute

Our ground is way above average as well. If you went to away games you wouldn't use this excuse as much. We would be much better off with a smaller ground in many ways. HR would have been perfect.

Grendel

The rent is the rent end of. We pay £1.2 million. Additional match day costs are extra and will cost the club circa £300,000 on top. So it's £1.5 million.

Grendel

Our ground is way above average as well. If you went to away games you wouldn't use this excuse as much. We would be much better off with a smaller ground in many ways. HR would have been perfect.

I would argue its really not much better than many of the rented grounds including Portman Road and the K C

Mucca Mad Boys

If you don't like the ricoh don't go in. Simple.

I never said I don't like it, I love our (shall I say, ACL's) stadium, prefer it over HR (I don't have memories you older lot have, unfortunately!) but because we don't own the ground, I'd rather we stay at HR.

My point was, people banging on about the RICOH being a premier league facility but we haven't hosted a premiership game - yet! Furthermore, Portmanteau Road nod the KC are both premiership facilities and have hosted games there as well, and the clubs who play there pay considerably less rent than CCFC at the RICOH, for not much more.

Users who are viewing this thread