Leon Clarke joins on loan?? (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

Would be a good replacement. The second best striker to play at the Ricoh this year, behind McG. Although I think he could cause problems behind the scenes, seemed arrogant to me

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Full story on Charlton's site -

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121224-clarke-set-for-switch-558733.aspx

"Coventry City with a view to making a loan move to the Ricoh Arena at the start of January, Charlton announced on Monday morning.

Leon Clarke has begun training with Coventry City with a view to making a loan move to the Ricoh Arena at the start of January, Charlton announced on Monday morning.

The Addicks striker met up with the League One Sky Blues on Christmas Eve, and is expected to complete the loan deal when the transfer window reopens on New Year’s Day.

Clarke, 27, recently returned to The Valley following a loan spell with fellow League One side Scunthorpe United, for whom he scored 11 goals in 15 games.

Coventry are currently mid-table in 13th position, and face Shrewsbury Town at home on January 1st before a high-profile trip to Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup the following weekend.

Should the loan go through as planned, City would represent a 14th club for Clarke, who has made seven appearances for the club since joining from Swindon Town in a swap deal with Paul Benson on the last New Year’s Day."

stupot07

He gave Edge and Wood a torrid time when we played them at the Ricoh. He's more direct than DMc

kg82

Troublemaker. 14 clubs by the age of 27! I'll give him a chance, just can't see it working out with Robin's here.

skybluedude

Doesn't seem to be the most prolific of goal scorers 64 Goals in 248 appearances, lets hope Robins can work some magic on him.

ccfclinney

well done ccfc,
A lot of fans are resigned to losing mcgoldrick.. transfer fee, wages etc.
So id say a very good replacement by waggott and robins. could of been a hell of a lot worse !

The only confusing thing for me is, charlton saying loan move ? Coventry saying permenant ?
Which one is it ? :)
PUSB

skybluedude

How many goals did mcgoldrick score before he came to us? And he proved us wrong

McGoldrick is now 44 goals in 190 games, including what he has done for us. Just hoping Robins can do the same for Leon Clarke, we have had too many Eastwood's and Kyle's at this club.

D

Deleted member 4232

I trust Robins knows what he wants from a striker, and personality. He doesn't seem to take any sh*t, so I'm sure he will look at him closely. Robins is trying to build something.

ggrady

He looked better than mcgoldrick when he played against us. If he can behave himself he could e the best signing in years. Mcg is gone it seems which is a shame but this is te best replacement available

suddsy101

at least now we know if Goldie leaves we have a chance of signing a good striker that has the ability to get us promoted

skybluedude

Just spoke to a few Sheffield Wednesday fans, they said he has the ability to get goals but can also be a lazy git. Hopefully Robins will knock that out of him.

CCFCSteve

A decent punt. Robins is no mug, he'll know his history, up to him to get the best out of him.

Clarke will also be playing for his football future. Well worth a go in my opinion and can't expect anything more than a calculated gamble in our financial position.

dongonzalos

Not an out and out goal scorer.
However may allow Robins to have lone striker option, but also a plan B as he can play alongside a second striker.

So either Cody or whoever Robins gets as a natural goalscorer

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm pretty chuffed with this signing, a player I said we should sign to replace McG, I really hope we sign McG so we'll have a great replacement or 2 good strikers in a 4-4-2, but I'm pretty resigned to McG leaving now.

Users who are viewing this thread