Leon Clarke joins on loan?? (7 Viewers)

skybluelee

Looked excellent against us and has a great record this season. Get him signed now, he and McG will tear Franchise Utd and Stevenage to shreds.

dongonzalos

Striker Leon Clarke joins the Sky Blues on trial with a view to a permanent move

Striker Leon Clarke is set to join Coventry City on trial from Monday, December 24 with a view to a permanent move from Charlton Athletic in January.

The 27-year-old has netted an impressive haul of 11 goals in 15 appearances so far this season during a four-month loan spell with League One outfit Scunthorpe United.

Clarke netted both goals for the Iron in their 2-1 win over the Sky Blues at the Ricoh Arena in November.

dongonzalos

Maybe the club see the loan as the trial period.
Wonder if he is out of contract in the summer.
Goldie will be going as Clarke wouldn't come to us unless he knew he was going to play.
In the current formation Clarke would not start.

At least Goldie has told the club in time for us to get a replacement

CJparker

It would be great if Goldie and Clarke could play in a partnership up front, with a midfield of Jennings, Moussa, Bailey and Baker/Barton - we'd win the league!

SkyblueBazza

Troublemaker. 14 clubs by the age of 27! I'll give him a chance, just can't see it working out with Robin's here.

He might just be one of those that needs to be strongly managed...Fergie manages individuals very well...Robins might just too...to get the best out of them.

CTID

Im happy with this, lets hope he hits the ground running as he has some big shoes to fill here!

torchomatic

Oh, I love it when we do it this way! We don't know anything is happening then they hit us with it! He would be a great acquisition. Imagine both of them upfront!

Greggs

We have done to Scunthorpe what 'another' club will probably to do us with DMC. Hope not though, the 2 of them uptop would be unreal!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
On good form at the moment with 11 goals in 15 games (joint 3rd top league one goalscorer) whilst on loan at Scunthorpe. Would be great if McGoldrick stays as well - we'd tear teams apart with these 2 upfront! If we strengthen our chances of going up this season might encourage McGoldrick to sign a contract with some sort of get out clause if we don't get promoted.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The guys a complete knob, remember him antagonising the fans against us for Scunny. Having said that, hope he does the business for us if he signs, looks like the end of Mcgoldrick

Can he play when he is on trial or do we have to wit till January?

Mucca Mad Boys

The guys a complete knob, remember him antagonising the fans against us for Scunny. Having said that, hope he does the business for us if he signs, looks like the end of Mcgoldrick

Can he play when he is on trial or do we have to wit till January?

If FM is anything to go by... No.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I'm a bit confused by the loan v permanent difference on the Cov/Charlton websites...

So, looks like he signed an 18 month contract at Charlton on 1st Jan 2012 (Source: interesting article on him actually - http://footballleagueblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012/01/moving-on-up-leon-clarke-.html).

He could sign a pre-contract agreement with us on 1st Jan 2013 to join initially on a 6-month loan, then become a permie on the 1st July 2013. So in essence he could join 'permanently' on 1st Jan.

Alternatively, if he signs on loan until the end of the season, then he'll be running his Charlton contract down and likely going somewhere else on a free!

We'll see...

ohitsaidwalker king power

He looked really, really useful against us... against Wood and Edge I thought this guy gave them as torrid a time as any centre forward against us this year.. and he scored twice....this is a really good acquisition and very shrewd of Mark Robins.
Take a look at the scunny match thread a number of comments that were very impressed with him
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/22579-Coventry-vs-Scunthorpe-Match-Thread/page12

Sadly it almost certainly means that Goaldie is outbound but good luck to him and thanks from us all I would have thought.

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

Oh, I love it when we do it this way! We don't know anything is happening then they hit us with it! He would be a great acquisition. Imagine both of them upfront!

I'm with you on this, Torch. Too many times in the past we've announced which players we are after. Much better to get the business done first, and then make an announcement.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Shame that it suggests this is the end of the McGoldrick era. Just when we looked to have a proven goalscorer on our hands! I hope its not him getting above himself (although he doesn't strike me as the type! Maybe his agent is 'seeking a better opportunity for himself'".

Clarke seems a decent replacement, and as hes the similar type of player to McGoldrick it suggests yet wouldnt be compatible playing together.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I knew Robins would have something in place for when Mcgoldrick leaves, it seems he has replaced him before he has even left

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leon Clarke was the player who nearly came to blows with Di Canio

[video=youtube;otbpOUx1ZF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbpOUx1ZF8[/video]

Clarke wasn't happy because the fitness coach told him, he is going to run again tomorrow

covcity4life

mark robins would walk awya and then snipe him later

not good viewing but hopefully he can do ok for us

he made edge look like an amateur

Essexrobbie

This is bad news if true. We had him down at Southend a few years ago. A real Billy big bollocks who disrupts the dressing room and wont put in a full shift on the pitch. Not a patch on Mcgoldricks work rate but loads of skill if only his head was right.

ccfcway

Wonder if this is also a message to mcg that we won't be held to ransom over the wages and we will look elsewhere

psgm1

Banned
He has scored once in the last 5 games - How many has DM scored in that time?

DM has kept cov afloat this season - has NOTHING to do with robins - judging by the way none of the rest of the team has helped the majority of the season I'd say it is in spite of robins rather than because of!

There is a reason why Scunthorpe aren't signing him. If he is asking for too much money from them, then cov are never going to sign him, and if he is trouble, then he is going to bring that to cov!

There is clearly issues with him, otherwise why allow someone with that record to go?

Its madness to let the top scorer in the league to go!

Grendel

He has scored once in the last 5 games - How many has DM scored in that time?

DM has kept cov afloat this season - has NOTHING to do with robins - judging by the way none of the rest of the team has helped the majority of the season I'd say it is in spite of robins rather than because of!

There is a reason why Sc-unithorpe aren't signing him. If he is asking for too much money from them, then cov are never going to sign him, and if he is trouble, then he is going to bring that to cov!

There is clearly issues with him, otherwise why allow someone with that record to go?

Its madness to let the top scorer in the league to go!

Are you simple? If so I will take pity on you. However if you claim to have an IQ in double digits then you truly know nothing about football or indeed business.

Users who are viewing this thread