Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 28th Sep (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to this fixture last year; utterly horrific stadium that I will never go back to, but amazing atmosphere in the away end and one of my favourite team performances from last season. Simms' performance in that game made me into a full convert and advocate for him.

I feel like we may be able to nick a positive result if we have the same siege mentality approach we did last year, but it's impossible to deny that this is going to be a very tough game.
 
I have ended up with a spare adult ticket as the son can’t go. Anyone who wants one. £32:50 that’s the postage etc.
 
Line Up I would go for. Think back to basics with the back three. Wingers haven’t been brilliant so thought to start most on the bench and then we can rotate if needs be.

Thinking we go a bit deeper and play a DM to help support the CBs and break up play. If sheaf is fit I’d start him here in place of Eccles and move Eccles to Cm in place of Torp.

Simms starts as feel we’ll need a outlet here to get us of our half and feel BTA could easily make up some work rate and do well with flick ons.

IMG_5067.webp
 
Game 7.gif
Game 7.2.gif
 

Attachments

  • Game 7.1.gif
    Game 7.1.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 20
Anything is a bonus in this one

BTS in the away is frankly prehistoric at Elland Road.
 
I don't think it is as bad as a few are stating. The teams we have already played are predominately in the top half of the Glicko-2 table where elsewhere, it is pretty sparse in knowledge.

Definitely need another 6 games, which has always been the case, before we change from a provisional rating to an actual rating.
 
Last edited:
Another sold out away end. 3k sba showing their commitement and support. Time for the players to do the same and listen to MR instead of some thinking we are a stepping stone for their ego careers.

a few changes needs and I would personally play Wilson who didnt deserve to be dropped. He commands the defence better and Im not convinced by Dovin who should have done better for Swansea second goal
 
First ever trip to Elland Road as refused to pay the extortionate prices last year. Anyone recommend decent parking? Happy to walk away from the ground.

I'm not anymore worried about this than if it was any of the top 6 on paper. Their team isn't anything close to last season.
 
Play as we did against Spurs and we will get a result. I predict a 1-2 win.

Play as we did against Swansea and it’s 4-1 to Leeds.
 
Can't believe I'm saying it but I'd go back to wingbacks for a while to tighten up and get some clean sheets

For me I'd go

Dovin

Thomas
Binks
Kitching

Milan
Eccles
Torp
Rudoni
DaSilva

Simms
Wright

Bench - Wilson, Latibeaudiere, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Sheaf, Mason - Clark, Andrews, Thomas - Asante, Bassette
 
My son is excited as its his first trip to Leeds.

God help us.
 
Thomas has gone backwards & can’t pass to a city player & although Binks is hot & cold , the cart horse Kitching is too slow ……. Why didn’t we get McNair for the short term ?
 
Thomas has gone backwards & can’t pass to a city player & although Binks is hot & cold , the cart horse Kitching is too slow ……. Why didn’t we get McNair for the short term ?
McNair hasn’t got on the pitch for WBA in the league & made the last two squads, really don’t think he was the solution.
 
Anything but a defeat here, a point like last season would be great. A big defeat would knock the stuffing out of them I feel.
 
Missing this, Blackburn and Sheff Weds.

Think we’ll lose this but think it’s important to pull 6 points from the following two.

Fucking awful away end at Elland Rd. Took ages to get away last season. 2-0 Leeds.
 
Can't believe I'm saying it but I'd go back to wingbacks for a while to tighten up and get some clean sheets

For me I'd go

Dovin

Thomas
Binks
Kitching

Milan
Eccles
Torp
Rudoni
DaSilva

Simms
Wright

Bench - Wilson, Latibeaudiere, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Sheaf, Mason - Clark, Andrews, Thomas - Asante, Bassette

I said the other day Robins needs to get the team back to basics and stop conceding goals. I’m up for a formation chance to achieve that.
 
I said the other day Robins needs to get the team back to basics and stop conceding goals. I’m up for a formation chance to achieve that.
Focussing our entire transfer window on recruiting for a system with wingers, this would be a disastrous admission to shift back to 5 at the back so early into the season.
 
Easy 3-2 win. Leeds bound to have an off day and we're due a turnaround so why not. May as well be positive b/c being negative just ruins my day.

Simms, Wright, Thomas for us.
Gnonto, Thomas (own goal) for them.

Seems at this point we're going to ship a couple goals every game for the foreseeable future anyway, so let's just give a go and bury some of these early sitters we've been wasting. Then the team can have their sliced oranges 🍊 and pizza party 🍕 🍕 🍕
 
Can't believe I'm saying it but I'd go back to wingbacks for a while to tighten up and get some clean sheets

For me I'd go

Dovin

Thomas
Binks
Kitching

Milan
Eccles
Torp
Rudoni
DaSilva

Simms
Wright

Bench - Wilson, Latibeaudiere, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Sheaf, Mason - Clark, Andrews, Thomas - Asante, Bassette
Pretty much what i would do at this moment but maybe play Sakamoto instead of Wright and have Sakamoto and Rudoni playing off Simms, Sheaf if fit to start and maybe Lati for Binks
 
Dovin
MVE
Thomas
Kitching
JDS (Bidwell)
Eccles
Sheaf (Lati)
Rudoni
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright (JDS)

However, in brackets I've added what I think he might do instead.

I'm a little sympathetic to Lati playing in midfield after seeing Torp again fail to address a player running towards our penalty area
 
If we went three at the back I’d be tempted by a box/343 type formation

Dovin
Thomas Lats Kitching
MvE Eccles/Sheaf Rudoni Dasilva
Saka Simms Wright

Think it gets our best players on the pitch and gives us fluidity.

Lats and Rudoni can push up for a normal 4231, Saka and Wright can pull wide for a 541 or narrow for a 5221. Can even slide Kitch across and Saka back for a 442 for those of you who like it. Or drop Saka back to a 532 (though you’d probably bring a CM on).

Something close to that XI is our best IMO. Maybe swapping a CM for a CB.
 
Can't see anything but a hammering here, 3:0.
I think Robins will play a very defensive side.
 
If we went three at the back I’d be tempted by a box/343 type formation

Dovin
Thomas Lats Kitching
MvE Eccles/Sheaf Rudoni Dasilva
Saka Simms Wright

Think it gets our best players on the pitch and gives us fluidity.

Lats and Rudoni can push up for a normal 4231, Saka and Wright can pull wide for a 541 or narrow for a 5221. Can even slide Kitch across and Saka back for a 442 for those of you who like it. Or drop Saka back to a 532 (though you’d probably bring a CM on).

Something close to that XI is our best IMO. Maybe swapping a CM for a CB.
Think to be fair this would be a good option for us. Think we could have the 5-3-2 as a back up formation when at tough games away and a 3-4-3 formation as our main. IMG_5084.webp
 
Wilson Dovin Collins
MVE Lati Thomas Binks Kitching Bidwell
Eccles
Tavares
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom