Leeds tracking McCallum? (1 Viewer)

harvey098

I guess because I am far from his biggest fan and it seems he had a good second half last night so that now makes him a future England player.

One good half? No ones saying he’s a future England player but he’s been better than deserving the criticism people like you have given him. He’s a young defender who has done an admirable job with a lot of (expected) mistakes. What more do you want from a second choice left back?

Grendel

I’d imagine McCallum is being played because he took his chance well when Mason was out and then Mason failed a fitness test yesterday anyway. But no you’re probably right, it must be some kind of conspiracy.

And if he’s as bad as some people say (you previously for instance) wouldn’t playing him regularly highlight this and lower his value?

Young players attract interest and can be bought as a look to possible future value increase - look at Baylis who according to some is not as good as Westbrook

we need a plan b if Wilson is not sold in January as cash will be getting tight

Grendel

Terry Gibson's perm

Mason has been our best player this season and I will be glad to see him back in the side.

Terry Gibson's perm

One good half? No ones saying he’s a future England player but he’s been better than deserving the criticism people like you have given him. He’s a young defender who has done an admirable job with a lot of (expected) mistakes. What more do you want from a second choice left back?

I want him to be the second one to get in the team for a start.

In a team that scorers rarely you can’t afford defenders making to many mistakes.

Nick

Administrator
Less than McFadzen but he is being asked to do things he obviously can’t do he strikes me as more of a stopper than a ball player

Hyam has made a few, did last night as well.

How come the experienced McGadzean gets a "but" but a young player who's only been a pro for about a year gets ridiculed?

Terry Gibson's perm

Hyam has made a few, did last night as well.

How come the experienced McGadzean gets a "but" but a young player who's only been a pro for about a year gets ridiculed?

I wouldn’t say I am ridiculing him just trying to keep people a bit sensible.

Terry Gibson's perm

How many mistakes has McCallum made that have led to goals? I’m sure there must’ve been but I genuinely can’t think of one?

The one last night which led to the goal and the one where Marosi made the flying save. Against tranmere the winger beat him twice and then McCallum stopped him if he was at a higher level he wouldn’t have got the third chance.

He is an improving player but people need to keep their feet on the ground and not compare him to excellent footballers like Ashley Cole

harvey098

Young players attract interest and can be bought as a look to possible future value increase - look at Baylis who according to some is not as good as Westbrook

we need a plan b if Wilson is not sold in January as cash will be getting tight

There’s hundreds of young players in the lowers leagues, you still have to demonstrate some talent to picked up by higher clubs.

harvey098

The one last night which led to the goal and the one where Marosi made the flying save. Against tranmere the winger beat him twice and then McCallum stopped him if he was at a higher level he wouldn’t have got the third chance.

He is an improving player but people need to keep their feet on the ground and not compare him to excellent footballers like Ashley Cole

So your two examples of his mistakes directly leading to goals this season are last night (really don’t see how that’s McCallums fault) and a duel with a winger from Tranmere where McCallum was tenacious and came out on top? Ok

People comparing him to Ashley Cole are as reactionary as you saying he’s terrible. He’s an inexperienced league 1 defender doing a good job. How can you say that isn’t the case

Nick

Administrator

How were they his fault? It's scraping the barrel a bit.

Terry Gibson's perm

So your two examples of his mistakes directly leading to goals this season are last night (really don’t see how that’s McCallums fault) and a duel with a winger from Tranmere where McCallum was tenacious and came out on top? Ok

People comparing him to Ashley Cole are as reactionary as you saying he’s terrible. He’s an inexperienced league 1 defender doing a good job. How can you say that isn’t the case

He is an inexperienced defender in league one that is well summed up he will have a career in the game I don’t doubt that and I guess 99% on here would give their right bollock for that, my view is it won’t be much above this level but we shall see.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's OK though, McCallum is rubbish but we can gloat about Camwell doing alright in pub football after getting released by Nuneaton.

Maybe Camwell has found his level maybe he will come back stronger but he is certainly enjoying his football more now.

Terry Gibson's perm

If the ball hadnt got to their wide player then he wouldn't have been able to cross it.

Seems you don't like him because of camwell.

How far do you want to go back, the cross is a direct move.

I have never said I don’t like him I think people have gone way over the top on his ability he is improving.

Nick

Administrator
How far do you want to go back, the cross is a direct move.

I have never said I don’t like him I think people have gone way over the top on his ability he is improving.

You don't need to say it.

The fact you tried to gloat that Camwell set goals up in Saturday Football proves there was something about it.

It's just a bit random. You were the same when we signed Joe Newton too.

Must dislike leftbacks. Sam McCallum Confirmed

Still, Camwell managed to get some assists against people who play as a hobby.

Terry Gibson's perm

You don't need to say it.

The fact you tried to gloat that Camwell set goals up in Saturday Football proves there was something about it.

It's just a bit random.

I have never hid from the fact I know him and I like him so I pleased he is doing well even at that level, he may come across to people on here as a bit of an idiot but he is a nice lad who does love the club.

I wouldn’t say any of our full backs produce much going forward even though they are regularly in position to do so, I know McCallum had the shot for the goal last night but Dabo is more prolific facing his own goal.

Nick

Administrator
I have never hid from the fact I know him and I like him so I pleased he is doing well even at that level, he may come across to people on here as a bit of an idiot but he is a nice lad who does love the club.

I wouldn’t say any of our full backs produce much going forward even though they are regularly in position to do so, I know McCallum had the shot for the goal last night but Dabo is more prolific facing his own goal.

It's not McCallum's fault Camwell is where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread