Sam McCallum Confirmed (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

g4uNFxG.jpg

tisza

i really like this side of the club atm.
Difficult to compete with PL academies so taking on these promising 18/19 yr olds and giving them to Farndon for a year or two is a solid policy. Only need to hit a couple and it's good business.

SkyBlueCRJ

Hats off to who's heading up the recruitment for the U23's, whether it's our new scout or JF, the future definitely looks bright.

Nick

Administrator
Not too sure of the issue in signing youngsters to go into the U23's. It's not as if we haven't paid big-ish fees (for us anyway) for 2 strikers.

ccfcricoh

At the top level not where we are, it looks like they have spent there time searching for cheap players and not spending time finding the centre forward we need
having a strong u23 is a huge benefit to us in the longer time and shouldn't be overlooked.

it won't be the 1 person going out scouting every signing we make!

You think we need another centre forward, doesnt mean Robins thinks we do... we pay him to manage, let him manage.

mark82

Not too sure of the issue in signing youngsters to go into the U23's. It's not as if we haven't paid big-ish fees (for us anyway) for 2 strikers.

Let's not sign anyone for the future. While we're at it, let's get rid of the youth academy. We obviously have money coming out of our arsehole so we don't need to develop anyone to sell in the future.

mark82

Anyway, McCallum has been here or weeks and his isn't really news. Not sure why we are having a flounce over it now.

Terry Gibson's perm

Let's not sign anyone for the future. While we're at it, let's get rid of the youth academy. We obviously have money coming out of our arsehole so we don't need to develop anyone to sell in the future.

I don’t think that’s what anybody is saying but the under 23’s must come a very distant second to the first team in recruiting players.

Nick

Administrator
Anyway, McCallum has been here or weeks and his isn't really news. Not sure why we are having a flounce over it now.

Exactly, it's just taken a while to announce. Same with Williams and Walters.

In fact, wasn't Mason for development too?

Terry Gibson's perm

having a strong u23 is a huge benefit to us in the longer time and shouldn't be overlooked.

it won't be the 1 person going out scouting every signing we make!

You think we need another centre forward, doesnt mean Robins thinks we do... we pay him to manage, let him manage.

In a few months time we will be saying if only we had a goal scorer and then in January we will get the unfortunately we don’t have the money to buy a centre forward but the good news is we have four left backs.

ccfcricoh

Ca
In a few months time we will be saying if only we had a goal scorer and then in January we will get the unfortunately we don’t have the money to buy a centre forward but the good news is we have four left backs.
Can i have next weeks lotto numbers whilst you're at it?

Skyblue_CP

Exactly, it's just taken a while to announce. Same with Williams and Walters.

In fact, wasn't Mason for development too?

I was always under the impression he was back up to Brown but out performed him in pre season, could be wrong mind

Nick

Administrator

We have just signed 2 strikers for 6 figures each and have more strikers than we do left backs?

shmmeee

For us in recent times they are, I made sure I put that disclaimer in ;)

In recent times we hadn't just gone up a division, not received multi-millions in fees. I was also under the impression that we are now breaking even, but TBH haven't been paying attention to that side of the club for a couple of years.

Terry Gibson's perm

You can only play 1 goalie but we have 4 of those going down to U23 level too.

Just because we havent signed Chaplin it doesnt mean we havent signed strikers or havent been looking.

Don’t start me on goalkeepers Nick I have money about that in the past too many of the same ability in this squad

Nick

Administrator
In recent times we hadn't just gone up a division, not received multi-millions in fees. I was also under the impression that we are now breaking even, but TBH haven't been paying attention to that side of the club for a couple of years.

We are breaking even because of the fees...

I also missed off Allassanni if he plays up front.

shmmeee

We are breaking even because of the fees...

I also missed off Allassanni if he plays up front.

So we aren't breaking even? Were still losing millions each year?

I'll wind my neck in and adjust expectations accordingly then.

Users who are viewing this thread