Leeds tracking McCallum? (1 Viewer)

better days

Leeds watch us and our Academy kids all the time
And they're not the only ones

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s nice that I amongst so many knowledgeable fans let’s see where he ends up as a regular for me it will be nearer the conference than the premier league

Sky Blue Pete

With who?

It’s an opinion in ten years time let’s see what happened.

Surely even you can see he is the weak link in the side when he plays
Second half against Blackpool was when I thought wow he’s a talent. And robins let him start against burton even though mason could have played as he did the night before. That’s amazing trust in a 19 year old

Have you only done away games? Oxford he was let down by lack of support but as I say Blackpool he was excellent second half. I think you and others pick on young players and blame them unnecessarily

Terry Gibson's perm

Second half against Blackpool was when I thought wow he’s a talent. And robins let him start against burton even though mason could have played as he did the night before. That’s amazing trust in a 19 year old

Have you only done away games? Oxford he was let down by lack of support but as I say Blackpool he was excellent second half. I think you and others pick on young players and blame them unnecessarily

Only home games but have watched the away games on iPlayer where it has been possible.

It’s not picking on him it but I wouldn’t over boost him either, for me he is weaker than Brown.

I was a big supporter of Bayliss so it isn’t an age thing

Sky Blue Pete

Only home games but have watched the away games on iPlayer where it has been possible.

It’s not picking on him it but I wouldn’t over boost him either, for me he is weaker than Brown.

I was a big supporter of Bayliss so it isn’t an age thing
So you think his positioning is poor and he has no stamina? And hasn’t improved since last year? And hasn’t improved since Exeter to Blackpool? I find that so strange

better days

Who exaxtly is your source? Not name but can you give a clue to job role?
I know a few people in the game
Leeds have scouts who look for young players coming through in League 1 & 2
They start watching them in Academy games and if they do well when they break into the first team they make an approach

Terry Gibson's perm

So you think his positioning is poor and he has no stamina? And hasn’t improved since last year? And hasn’t improved since Exeter to Blackpool? I find that so strange

Nope I said he had improved everyone can see that but the starting point was fairly low.

He tucks in to far for me and gets caught by the longer switched ball over his head (this maybe the manager wanting him to cover inside).

Against Blackpool he looked in real trouble for the first half as the winger played wide in the second half the winger ran out of steam so he had an easier half.

PCH

Leeds have a scout who lives in Cov. I know him and see him regularly at home games. No surprise he pushes our players there way but strangely non signed yet.

fatso

Leeds have a scout who lives in Cov. I know him and see him regularly at home games. No surprise he pushes our players there way but strangely non signed yet.
That probably explains it, Leeds scout at our game as he lives locally and cant be arsed to travel, he gets seen by the press and they jump to conclusions!
Close the thread Nick.

PCH

Ha he definitely gets seen. He always wears his Leeds coat ...like a badge of honour

RegTheDonk

Why pick Leeds out?
I know a few people in the game
Leeds have scouts who look for young players coming through in League 1 & 2
They start watching them in Academy games and if they do well when they break into the first team they make an approach
That's fair enough, I guess we would do the same, as a lot of clubs trying to poach talent.
Does really get my goat the Telegraph, to sell clicks, tout it as if the lads virtually on the motorway up north.

eastwoodsdustman

Nope I said he had improved everyone can see that but the starting point was fairly low.

He tucks in to far for me and gets caught by the longer switched ball over his head (this maybe the manager wanting him to cover inside).

Against Blackpool he looked in real trouble for the first half as the winger played wide in the second half the winger ran out of steam so he had an easier half.
Long ball across and behind him should be covered by the centre half with full back tucking back inside as cover.
He did start poorly but he improved a lot in the games he’s played. If he continues to improve as he has done then he will have a career in football.

Mucca Mad Boys

Start at a low base it’s easy to improve he has terrible stamina terrible positional sense. I like robins but like us all he has a blind spot to certain players McCallum I feel is one

He’s so terrible Villa and Leeds are looking at him...

I’m more inclined to trust the judgement of MR and their scouts than your opinion.

He’s a 19yr old lad, and still developing whilst putting in good performances. Good on him.

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m more inclined to trust the judgement of MR and their scouts than your opinion.

He’s a 19yr old lad, and still developing whilst putting in good performances. Good on him.

They will be looking at hundreds of players all the time we will see how far he goes.

Terry Gibson's perm

Long ball across and behind him should be covered by the centre half with full back tucking back inside as cover.
He did start poorly but he improved a lot in the games he’s played. If he continues to improve as he has done then he will have a career in football.

How can the centre half cover for a diagonal ball from left to right. He will have a career in football my opinion is not higher than this level but we will see.

eastwoodsdustman

How can the centre half cover for a diagonal ball from left to right. He will have a career in football my opinion is not higher than this level but we will see.
It’s quicker for a centre half to cover across and full back then tuck in than for the full back to try and turn and chase into the corner.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s quicker for a centre half to cover across and full back then tuck in than for the full back to try and turn and chase into the corner.

If he played slightly wider he could take it down and run into the acres of space but if you look earlier I said it maybe the management wanting him tucking is as Mason does it as well

harvey098

Not as good as Mason yet but done a good job. He has quality on the ball and is tenacious but I have to agree with Terry regarding his positional sense at the moment. He gets caught out a lot but that’s to be expected at his experience and that can be coached.

ceetee

In most teams the Full Backs play narrow and leave the wings open.
I'm not enough of a strategist to explain or even know why

Grendel

Scouts look at a whole host of players - Adam Barton was supposed to going to Liverpool for £5 million and Conor Thomas was deemed worthy of a trial there.

larry_david

The amount of shit Leeds fansites all over this is laughable. You can tell non have seen him play. Mccallum is a talent, who's had 1 year in pro football. Hasn't pulled up any trees, in fact got tore a new one several times last season and they're banging on him being the new Roberto Carlos.

Course I like mccallum and don't want him to go anywhere but the attention this story has got (with no actual basis for the rumour) is hilarious

ccfc1234

This story has captured wider attention and the BBC gossip column has him linked with West Brom and Aston Villa.

PCH

In most teams the Full Backs play narrow and leave the wings open.
I'm not enough of a strategist to explain or even know why
This is correct, full backs are asked to tuck in these days. It doesn’t look natural leaving the wingers unmarked but that’s how the position has evolved

Users who are viewing this thread