Lee Hughes is AT the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

What annoyed me was the County fans chanting "Hughsey, What's the score?"

No empathy what so ever. Awful behaviour!

CovisGod

I'm sat in the pub having a beer talking about this with my not Cov supporting mates and I've just realised I'm actually more wound up about this than I though I was. As someone said earlier in the thread, do you think if it had been the exact same scenario with Leeds instead of Coventry the Leeds fans would have let it go ? There would be so many bloody protests and fears of it all kicking off it would have forced the hand of the opposing club and he wouldn't have travelled.

Black6Osprey

In some respects I agree but what actually can the club do?

He has played a lot of matches since his release.

The comparison is not valid as within the realms of the law he has served a sentence the law deemed appropriate.

Yes within the law everything is hunky dory but this is about morality and rubbing peoples faces in it.

I mean clubs make agreements not to play players that has just transferred and all sorts. Its not asking much to leave a guy out who isn't playing much anyway with the history attached.

The club said nothing and they should have said something. Its piss poor and about as much as I expect from a club that is supposed belong to the supporters but actually doesn't give a shit about them.

pusbccfc

I wonder what the would of happened if he scored!

gspotgaz

We really are a soft little club and city at times aren't we .. A few scattered boos and he can just go about his business as normal .

That murdering little cretin should have been petrified to step foot anywhere near the city

wingy

There was a strange Dynamic about this yesterday in that the majority of Tesco and CT stands joined in with this yesterday but can't sustain it for the team .It worries me that people were more willing to try and effect something they could'nt than attempt to lift their team .I'm sure Keith Curle was aware of this ,hence his use of Hughes.

cloughie

There was a strange Dynamic about this yesterday in that the majority of Tesco and CT stands joined in with this yesterday but can't sustain it for the team .It worries me that people were more willing to try and effect something they could'nt than attempt to lift their team .I'm sure Keith Curle was aware of this ,hence his use of Hughes.

Exactly what i thought he put hughes on as a distraction but still think it was a shameful tactic to use

Sick Boy

They bring on Hughes at the same time most games.

We really do have some self-righteous supporters.

Sick Boy

A quick glance at You Tube would suggest so do a lot of other teams.

At the end of the day, there are plenty of other clubs and supporters who were disgusted when we signed up Marlon King. When he was booed by opposition supporters, this would provoke a reaction amongst the City fans who would sing songs about King to counteract the opposition fans, it is no different to what Notts County did yesterday.

I wonder what the would of happened if he scored!

absoloutley feck all, people were thrown out lat season for protesting/ minor vioence against sisu, but would just boo this knob. i admit im not the sort of person to do nuch more but there are people who would just a shame they never

Sick Boy

Then again King didn't cause fatal injuries and run away from the scene of the crime.

No he didn't, but his most recent conviction and past crimes indicate he is an equally foul character.

King came to us proclaiming his innocence still, and certainly never shown any signs of remorse.

skybluelee

At the end of the day, there are plenty of other clubs and supporters who were disgusted when we signed up Marlon King. When he was booed by opposition supporters, this would provoke a reaction amongst the City fans who would sing songs about King to counteract the opposition fans, it is no different to what Notts County did yesterday.

King didnt murder anyone though did he?

Sutty

My problem wasn't with the fans, it wasn't with Notts County for signing Hughes, it was with them for playing him against Coventry. Showed a lack of respect I thought.

cloughie

Then again King didn't cause fatal injuries and run away from the scene of the crime.

exactly , everybody makes mistakes but to hide for 2/3 days after killing someone just makes so much worse

Hey but some think its on a par with assault

So suprised that some come on here on their own without arselicking to summerisle or grendle ( no offence meant to you 2 chaps)

Sick Boy

exactly , everybody makes mistakes but to hide for 2/3 days after killing someone just makes so much worse

Hey but some think its on a par with assault

So suprised that some come on here on their own without arselicking to summerisle or grendle ( no offence meant to you 2 chaps)

So Marlon is allowed to make 14 previous mistakes and is seen as alright, and as one of the lads? Fair play if you think that having multiple convictions and casual violence against women is perfectly acceptable and admirable.

Brighton Sky Blue

So Marlon is allowed to make 14 previous mistakes and is seen as alright, and as one of the lads? Fair play if you think that having multiple convictions and casual violence against women is perfectly acceptable and admirable.

They're both unpleasant people, don't get me wrong-had King committed the crime that Hughes did, nobody here would be defending him. Cowardly manslaughter by drink driving is still a worse crime than assault.

Sick Boy

They're both unpleasant people, don't get me wrong-had King committed the crime that Hughes did, nobody here would be defending him. Cowardly manslaughter by drink driving is still a worse crime than assault.

They are both as foul as each other, King is no different to Hughes to me, especially when you look back over his previous convictions. Both of them are scumbags, but as a club we are in no position to get high and mighty over it all.

Plenty of other teams saw us in a very negative light for employing King.

superskyblue

Regardless of moral feelings, the crimes respective sentences prove that this is a FACT

Sick Boy

Remember that Marlon has never shown any sorrow, remorse or even admitted to carrying out the crime.

cloughie

Don't let facts get in the way of your posts

No one on this thread has said it is alright and he was 1 of the lads or that it is fair play to have multi convictions for casual violence against women or admirable

you should get a job for the daily star

pusbccfc

Don't forget hughes got fined for putting his hand up a girls skirt earlier this year!
I can't look at the ugly bastards face.

Sick Boy

Don't let facts get in the way of your posts

No one on this thread has said it is alright and he was 1 of the lads or that it is fair play to have multi convictions for casual violence against women or admirable

you should get a job for the daily star

It seems that a section of our supporters seem to think that it is alright, as proven by some of our songs that were sung about him.

As a club we are in position to start criticising Notts County.

lordsummerisle

One of the many convictions that King had was for drink driving.

Just lucky that he didn't kill anybody because he was pulled over before getting the chance.

Both total twats.

Brighton Sky Blue

They are both as foul as each other, King is no different to Hughes to me, especially when you look back over his previous convictions. Both of them are scumbags, but as a club we are in no position to get high and mighty over it all.

I think some on here feel it a bit more because the victims were from Coventry-and I'd hold my hand up and say I feel a lot more anger towards Hughes for that reason alone. I agree with you on not taking the moral high ground-but the fact remains, King didn't kill anyone with all his idiocy.

Astute

So would you prefer a member of your family to get assaulted or would you prefer them dead?

Not similar in my eyes.

Sick Boy

So would you prefer a member of your family to get assaulted or would you prefer them dead?

Not similar in my eyes.

Both crimes are horrendous and I find any sort of violence against women as abhorrent.

It still doesn't give us the right to criticise other clubs when we are also seen in a negative light for our past actions.

WestEndAgro

Now I know that I have criticised Oggy heavily recently, so this may sound like sour grapes, but at the end of the Pre match warm up, he waited for Hughes to leave the pitch then shook his hand.
Ex team mates, so clearly Oggy docent hold a grudge, "forgive and forget" not me!

Hughes should NOT have entered Coventry, let alone played.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I understand what Sick Boy is getting at, King is as bad as Hughes he has convictions for speeding at 130mph, drink driving and driving without insurance. King is just lucky he hasn't killed anyone through his stupidity. I think people who sang songs about Kings crimes and his victim were bang out of order also, I would go as far to say as a human being King is probably worse but obviously the consequences of Hughes actions were a 100 fold worse than Kings

I can also understand County fans backing there player with cheers when he gets stick from the opposition in normal circumstances, however I think that given the occasion and the connection with the club and the crime I think they should have shown more respect than the cheer him on like a hero. I think Notts County as a club should have shown more respect and not played him, I can't talk for people who knew the victim and I wouldn't try to but I would imagine it would have been an emotional day for them especially if they were in the stadium on Saturday. I know if the roles were reversed I would feel very uncomfortable with him being in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread