Lee Hughes is AT the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Just got out of the team bus!

2 Cov fans asked him over and had a picture and got an autograph!!!!!!!

WillieStanley

I, for one am shocked. I honestly didn't think he'd even entertain the idea of stepping foot in Coventry, let alone arriving in a team bus!

I can see a repeat of last nights Leeds incident if he gets on the pitch!

Sick Boy

I can see a repeat of last nights Leeds incident if he gets on the pitch!

I highly doubt it. All there will be is a few boos and some self-righteous grumbles, but nothing will happen. The Ricoh or our fans are hardly intimidating, he will just get booed like in any other game.

Otis

On the bench. Will probably see him at some point. Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

CovisGod

Whilst sat in my broken down car at the side of the motorway I saw 3 separate cars of Notts County fans with Lee Hughes masks stuck to their back windows, no I'm not joking.

ajsccfc

I understand that Lee Hughes is a free man and entitled to play football and all that, but there really didn't seem to be any particular need to bring him on today. It's not as if they needed firepower to chase the game.

mark82

I thought Lee Hughes showed a bit of respect Today. Didn't react to the crowd, didn't celebrate their goal, and just walked off the pitch straight away at the end. Could never excuse what he did though and Notts County showed a lot of disrespect even letting him travel with the squad let alone putting him on.

ajsccfc

I wouldn't really class it as showing respect, he knew his every move would be scrutinised so he kept quiet.

wingy

I understand that Lee Hughes is a free man and entitled to play football and all that, but there really didn't seem to be any particular need to bring him on today. It's not as if they needed firepower to chase the game.

to give them an edge ,KC new the reaction it would bring.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Imo the only reason Notts County still use him is because they feed off the negative atmosphere created by his presence, knocks the home team out of there stride and makes the game more scrappy and adds an edge to the home fans where they get on the teams back earlier if things don't go right

Probably why they are a better away than at home at the moment

VisitingPie

I wouldn't really class it as showing respect, he knew his every move would be scrutinised so he kept quiet.

He can't really win no matter how he reacts. His motives will be questioned whatever. There was nothing he could do other than keep his head down, which he did. It was not his choice whether to be on the bench or not, or whether or not he was brought on.

VisitingPie

Imo the only reason Notts County still use him is because they feed off the negative atmosphere created by his presence, knocks the home team out of there stride and makes the game more scrappy and adds an edge to the home fans where they get on the teams back earlier if things don't go right

Probably why they are a better away than at home at the moment

This is a ridiculous statement. And so wide of the mark.

ajsccfc

He shouldn't really be in a position to win in that respect anyway, his only two choices are to either accept the abuse in silence or be mindlessly inflammatory. Luckily he went for the former.

I understand that he feels remorse and all that but not exacerbating the situation today shouldn't get him any credit either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe it was, although I am 100% certain that happened today

I believe the negative atmosphere created by his presence affected our teams performance today and affected the fans mentality towards the team as the game progressed

VisitingPie

It was a figure of speech ajs. What I meant was he kept his head down, but was always going to have his motives questioned anyway. It's very different to his reaction when he's booed at most every other ground, so I would say he was very much aware of what it meant returning to coventry.

mark82

Someone mentioned some of the Notts fans had Lee Hughes masks. If that is true it is out of order. Any idea if that is true?

VisitingPie

Maybe it was, although I am 100% certain that happened today

I believe the negative atmosphere created by his presence affected our teams performance today and affected the fans mentality towards the team as the game progressed

He certainly wasn't brought on for that reason. We were only 1 goal up when he came on and Zoko was tiring. It's KC's normal substitution.

SlowerThanPlatt

VisitingPie just a question are your fans happy with having a player like Lee Hughes representing your club? I am asking because some Coventry fans were not too happy when we had Marlon King

wingy

Why is it you said yourself yesterday that you doubted he would come on as there were a couple ahead in the pecking order,while you're probably right in general for this particular game i feel this was Kieth curles intention.

VisitingPie

Someone mentioned some of the Notts fans had Lee Hughes masks. If that is true it is out of order. Any idea if that is true?

Not any more. But when we won the league 2 title and he scored over 30 goals for us the club shop sold them and the money went to the academy. I'd be surprised if anyone has one left, it was years ago.

VisitingPie

Why is it you said yourself yesterday that you doubted he would come on as there were a couple ahead in the pecking order,while you're probably right in general for this particular game i feel this was Kieth curles intention.

I don't think I said that. I said that I doubted he would start but he nearly always comes on if we need a goal or are chasing a game. We were only 1 goal up at the time and as I said, Zoko isn't fully fit and was tiring. It's a pretty normal substitution.

sky_blue_up_north

In a word SCUM

gspotgaz

Extremely disrespectful for him to even set foot in Coventry... their management are total tossers for that.. what about morals?

skybluesam66

a short guy by me who goes with his mum ,tried to say he is only a footballer - tosser - wouldnt be saying that if theyd killed somebody in his family

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not any more. But when we won the league 2 title and he scored over 30 goals for us the club shop sold them and the money went to the academy. I'd be surprised if anyone has one left, it was years ago.
Apparently some Notts fans put these masks in there car window driving up to the game today

Users who are viewing this thread