Lee Camp (2 Viewers)

robbiekeane

He has but don’t want to hear the same person 46 - 50 games a season. Mix it up a bit. Garry Thompson, Marcus hall, Jorgensen were ok in my book. I reiterate the point that a person who has spent 35ish years in the clubs employment should refer to them other or more than “coventry”. He knows the club and should show more passion but he is pretty droll.
Huh...He’s a co-commentator now isn’t he? It’s not like he’s a guest every week...we don’t want Clive Eakin 30 games a season but its his job 😂

confusing

robbiekeane

Huh...He’s a co-commentator now isn’t he? It’s not like he’s a guest every week...we don’t want Clive Eakin 30 games a season but its his job 😂

confusing
Ah forget it I just read the last two pages of his comments and let’s just leave it there 😅

Covstu

It’s a strange one for me this, you would have to be pissed off if you were Wilson n9t getting an opportunity. This is surely a vote of no confidence in him. Camp isn’t a Great keeper but we only need cover for the next 4 weeks maybe? Leading into Christmas this could seriously derail the season

procdoc

His role is to summarise the game, most commentators and presenters don’t support the club the club they’re working for/on. Same with most players. Eakin is a Tranmere fan

You are confusing a job with an allegiance - Eakin isn’t suddenly a Coventry fan because he’s covered the club for a long time
It’s the same as the people suggesting that we sack Robins, they’re clearly not fans of CCFC either

Frostie

Back on topic...

Robins:

"Absolute confidence in Ben. I am just disappointed losing Marko for so long with literally two minutes to go in that game.
Ben will get an opportunity, there’s no two ways about it.
He has got some good qualities and it’s down to him to stay between the sticks, and that’s not putting any extra pressure on him.
He’s a really good professional, a brilliant lad with a really good personality and he should be able to deal with it.
So I am looking forward to seeing how he deals with this situation.”

Brighton Sky Blue

Back on topic...

Robins:

"Absolute confidence in Ben. I am just disappointed losing Marko for so long with literally two minutes to go in that game.
Ben will get an opportunity, there’s no two ways about it.
He has got some good qualities and it’s down to him to stay between the sticks, and that’s not putting any extra pressure on him.
He’s a really good professional, a brilliant lad with a really good personality and he should be able to deal with it.
So I am looking forward to seeing how he deals with this situation.”

Saying that doesn’t really square up with signing someone else for the approximate period where Marosi is out

Hobo

Saying that doesn’t really square up with signing someone else for the approximate period where Marosi is out

We cannot risk relying on one keeper for two months. If we delayed Camp could have been signed by someone else.

Marosi could be out longer. But the two months contract gets us to the transfer window. Camp could still get an extended contract at that point who knows?

Last edited:

Magwitch

Lee Camp is classed as an emergency signing, 2 months takes to the transfer window it will be then as to whether we put him on a longer contract or go for someone else as it looks like Marco will be out for a long time.

covcity4life

Good game for Wilson to start. We expected to lose so won't feel like a what if we had Marosi moment

Also if loses can make the switch over to camp having given Wilson a chance

How long is Marosi out for? 6 weeks?

Magwitch

Good game for Wilson to start. We expected to lose so won't feel like a what if we had Marosi moment

Also if loses can make the switch over to camp having given Wilson a chance

How long is Marosi out for? 6 weeks?
From what I can gather about the Marosi injury looks like once the swelling goes down and that could be a couple of weeks he might have to have surgery on his eye socket six weeks sounds hopeful to me but it’s not really about time it’s the amount of games we play in that time.

Brighton Sky Blue

From what I can gather about the Marosi injury looks like once the swelling goes down and that could be a couple of weeks he might have to have surgery on his eye socket six weeks sounds hopeful to me but it’s not really about time it’s the amount of games we play in that time.

I don’t think we could have had more bad luck with injuries than we’ve had up to this point. Including Hilssner’s asthma

Magwitch

Yes it’s a pain in the ass hopefully most of our outfield players are available now was confident we could get something today but now we are playing virtually Norwich reserves has me little nervous

Users who are viewing this thread