Lee Camp (1 Viewer)

higgs

Marosi is spilling a lot of balls this season that could prove very costly. Is he commanding his area and bossing the defenders enough? Should he be coming out claiming the ball from their corner for the second goal?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rhino1002

Marosi has never commanded his area
I like him but unfortunately he can't catch a ball above his head
Apparently all the donny fans said this when he signed and I've seen nothing to disprove this

PVA

This does not sound like a typical Robins signing.

Marosi does need some competition though.

higgs

If there's any money to spend, there is no way Robins is spending it on a GK mid-season, unless Wilson is injured. It'd be like buying yourself a new doorbell when your roof has a massive hole in it.
We should have signed that lad we had on loan last season he commanded the area well

Grendel

We should have signed that lad we had on loan last season he commanded the area well

Stocktake?

He’s reserve to Ryan Alsop at Wycombe.

Frostie

I just can't see this unless Wilson has somehow picked up a longer term injury since yesterday as Lee Camp is dreadful.

Frostie

Marosi has never commanded his area
I like him but unfortunately he can't catch a ball above his head
Apparently all the donny fans said this when he signed and I've seen nothing to disprove this

There is an element of truth to this... not that he can't catch per se but it is not a strong point of Marosi's game & it's decided he's better staying on his line & trying to make a save if required.
The club have always known it & accepted it as not a major issue when signing him. With a lot of teams favouring a zonal approach to defending set pieces it's almost removed from the goalkeeper's remit to come a deal with balls into the 6 yard box. We did this well last season, less so in this...

It's not unusual either. The likes of David De Gea & Rui Patricio are the same but have still had incredibly successful careers.

cc84cov

Thought we had no budget according to some...

Sign him up championship experience is exactly what this squad needs,I said yesterday I wouldn’t of been shocked if Robins had already had a conversation regarding bringing people in,maybe he’s not liked what he’s seen so far from Marosi - distribution been very poor at times doesn’t like to come off his line does robins see an experienced keeper at the level the answer to helping that shaky defence out possibly.

SlowerThanPlatt

Thought we had no budget according to some...

Sign him up championship experience is exactly what this squad needs,I said yesterday I wouldn’t of been shocked if Robins had already had a conversation regarding bringing people in,maybe he’s not liked what he’s seen so far from Marosi - distribution been very poor at times doesn’t like to come off his line does robins see an experienced keeper at the level the answer to helping that shaky defence out possibly.

Yes we have the budget to sign free agents they don’t cost transfer fees

Grendel

Wasn’t he in goal for Sunderland in their disaster season in this league?

He was on loan for a bit he’s been Birmingham first choice for the last two seasons

fatso

Strange one, I know we could benefit from the extra competition, and Marosi isn't at his best at the moment, (although he's not to blame for our goals against column)
But Lee Camp? I honestly thought he had retired. Maybe he has and that's why we can sign him out of the transfer window.

Grendel

Strange one, I know we could benefit from the extra competition, and Marosi isn't at his best at the moment, (although he's not to blame for our goals against column)
But Lee Camp? I honestly thought he had retired. Maybe he has and that's why we can sign him out of the transfer window.

He’s a free agent

Brighton Sky Blue

He was on loan for a bit he’s been Birmingham first choice for the last two seasons

Right. I don’t know if he’s the answer but when Stockdale took the gloves in place of Burge it did make the defence look more settled. Not sure if I’m honest

Grendel

Right. I don’t know if he’s the answer but when Stockdale took the gloves in place of Burge it did make the defence look more settled. Not sure if I’m honest

That was Burge though he was below useless. We have greater problems so would seem odd unless Marosi has some sort of problem and is playing through it

SBT

For those wondering how old he is - the last time I saw him play was the last game at Highfield Road.

Users who are viewing this thread