Match Thread Leamington Friendly (1 Viewer)

CDK

This does me make me wonder how long before we go back to reduced supporters in grounds as this plague is not going away anytime soon.

better days

It feels like we are in some weird hybrid environment... Where things are 'almost normal' with the hand brake almost released, but vigorous testing & isolation still applies. Hence this & the Eng ODI squad

I would assume (and I may be totally wrong here), if we are to 'live with covid', then all playing staff will be fully vaccinated and then only players who are unwell from it (which should not happen, but who really knows) would miss games.

I only thought about this for a minute... Although, to be fair, that's 30 seconds more than the government have on this!
You are right it's a bit of a mess at the moment
Players or staff who test positive have to isolate
But by definition the whole squad will have been in close proximity to a player with the virus so in normal life that would mean they would also have to isolate
But I believe most sports allow players to avoid this if they take a negative test
My supposition is we are doing the same

SlowerThanPlatt

That’s a very young team the players I do know few of them have just left school and become full time footballers.

Where careers can be made, good luck to them.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

#We all dream of a team of Trialists, a team of Trialists, a team of Trialists#

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely we can't have that many trialists in?

Some must be U16/17 or something and can't be named on the teamsheet

PVA

Wow that's a lot of trialists. I wonder if they are all youth team/u23 trialists or if any of them are potential first team signings. Presumably it's the former.

procdoc

Wow that's a lot of trialists. I wonder if they are all youth team/u23 trialists or if any of them are potential first team signings. Presumably it's the former.
I imagine most if not all would be for the youth and U23 teams

Sky Blue Harry H

Isn't Evans Harriott the one we signed from Cheltenham? Only him, Burroughs and Dinanga I've heard of.

SleepyGinger

Any betting sites taking bets on it? Leamington probably decent odds as well 😂
Looked at it as soon as it was announced we would be playing our 23s but couldn’t find it anywhere, made some money last season when we played loads of first team players vs Cardiff and won 4-0

Winny the Bish

That is a lot of 16-year-olds. Either we're taking the entire U23 and half the 18s squad to Spain or the Covid outbreak is a bit bigger than we think.

Users who are viewing this thread