Match Thread Leamington Friendly (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSam01

Yeah Dan Lafferty apparently, had lots and lots of injuries and couldn’t put a run of games together. The club have a few prospects in that position, including a 17yo they’re taking on the tour, so it was probably right for club and player.

Yeah it was Lafferty

SBchimp

Whilst I’m happy to take credit for them both, I only actually only introduced the youngest one to the academy 🤨. Although there are two other brothers coming through. Brad who scored the first goal yesterday and his younger brother a couple of years younger that I did bring both in 😁

covcity4life

Whilst I’m happy to take credit for them both, I only actually only introduced the youngest one to the academy 🤨. Although there are two other brothers coming through. Brad who scored the first goal yesterday and his younger brother a couple of years younger that I did bring both in 😁
What are scouts told to look out for in young players? Like under 13s I mean

Just curious

rob9872

What are scouts told to look out for in young players? Like under 13s I mean

Just curious
I've wondered that too, as I had a couple of mates scouted that I didn't think were much better than the rest of us when quite young. Neither made it as most probably don't to be fair, but looking at kids playing now I see it as being composed with the ball, but well balanced rather than simlly rapid, when running without the ball.

covcity4life

I've wondered that too, as I had a couple of mates scouted that I didn't think were much better than the rest of us when quite young. Neither made it as most probably don't to be fair, but looking at kids playing now I see it as being composed with the ball, but well balanced rather than simlly rapid, when running without the ball.
Yeah just wondered what look out for as the sport changes and reforms at grassroots etc

A friend showed me an email from ccfc giving feedback on his kid in academy at age 9 or sumthing and it was a lot of needs to toughen up and be stronger in tackle etc

He was very skillfull player so perhaps he did need to add that side to his game and his dad did agree, altho I think he also thought maybe a bit of dinosaur football attitude too. Easy to get offended when your child though

SBchimp

Firstly you’re looking for a good athlete. But for me it was never anything specific. I’d just watch for a while no real focus on anything, take down a few numbers when a lad does something different. Then focus on them a bit later in the game.
As far as what makes someone different, could be anything, how they move with or without the ball, seeing a pass even if they don’t execute it. Attitude and desire also. Contrary to popular opinion it’s not about their size but you do need to consider if they’ll cope with the physicality of the academy environment.

Lots of scouts including at Coventry have reports to complete that break down different attributes of a player, I never did.
As always it’s an opinion, I stood at a tournament at Sphinx telling the academy manager that we should bring Will Bapaga in only to be overruled, what did I know 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thankfully someone else did invite him in a year or so later.

dubcov

dinanga started this game. does anyone know how he done? im guessing not great since he didnt score and i dont think he assisted either?

chiefdave

Leamington not having much luck with their pre-season fixtures. Last nights game against Walsall also got changed due to a covid outbreak at Walsall.

chiefdave

Doesn’t bode well for the season ahead does it? We’re all Rotherham now.
The way the EFL allowed Rotherham to keep postponing games has also set a precedent. Other clubs will now expect the same treatment.

Not sure the change to self isolation rules will really help, the players will be in close contact so its difficult to imagine with how infectious the delta variant is that you'll have one player getting it and nobody else in the squad. As a minimum you'd expect them to have to test negative otherwise its asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread