Latest SCG meeting (2 Viewers)

italiahorse

I long for the days when we had passionate support, your sort wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

Just waiting for noggin to come along now and moan at all italia for wumming.

You bought it up.
If you can't take the heat keep out the kitchen.

cloughie

PW, a complete and total wan@er and i would normally not swear, the man is deluded and now with a title as chair ..........

how grand can you get

They easily sussed out who to put up front as a puppet

Noggin

I long for the days when we had passionate support, your sort wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

Just waiting for noggin to come along now and moan at all italia for wumming.

I'm sat by the pool in vegas with my not very manly but delicious vodka and pomegranate lemonade in the 40degree heat, its too hot and im too relaxed to care about you guys childish bitterness

SlowerThanPlatt

Its pretty disappointing that in a city with a population of over 300K we can't shift 6K season tickets when they are only £250.

Portsmouth has a population of 200K, had a a bad season and were in danger of dropping out of the league at some points. They are on course to sell 10K season tickets despite them being £70 more than ours in a lower division.

Unfortunately our club doesn't care that fans don't care and don't go to games anymore.

I used to go to the match with a group of about 21-22 lads. We used to fill a mini-bus to away games. Now we're lucky if four of us meet up in the pub before a home game. For a lot of home games now I just drive down on my own!

But the club don't give a fuck. They don't care about losing mates of mine and family members who've fallen away in recent years and they won't care when I fall away too.

Sick Boy

I'm sat by the pool in vegas with my not very manly but delicious vodka and pomegranate lemonade in the 40degree heat, its too hot and im too relaxed to care about you guys childish bitterness

Fair play to you!! Have a good one.

stupot07

2014 season tickets were sold at 209/315
2015 season tickets at 249

4500 sold in 2014
6000 targetted in 2015

if we say 75% full price in those numbers and ignore the rest
then we have an extra 150k v last year on season tickets

I thought ST's were more expensive last season, mine in block 20 was £100 more last season for 2 less games. That was in blocks 19-21 the fullest blocks and the biggest concentration of ST holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its pretty disappointing that in a city with a population of over 300K we can't shift 6K season tickets when they are only £250.

Portsmouth has a population of 200K, had a a bad season and were in danger of dropping out of the league at some points. They are on course to sell 10K season tickets despite them being £70 more than ours in a lower division.

Some people see less tickets being sold as a success.

letsallsingtogether

Ha Peter Ward crying like a bitch again, about time he grew up and asked relevant questions for the members he apparently represents?

letsallsingtogether

Some people see less tickets being sold as a success.

Who Vile and insester fans?
I hate Sisu with a passion but love the sky blues I want it to be full every week so that we can have a better team and maybe a little success.
People go on about NOPM but I don't know anyone who is staying away for that reason.

italiahorse

Ouch.

Obviously not based on your tantrums and threats to walk away. Your love of collecting money must be what makes it worthwhile.

I would have walked if we had stayed at Sixfields no doubt. The threat that I would and backed by others made the club come back.
That's what you need to do. Only worry about things you can influence and not those that you can't. They are here to stay so we need to make the best of it.
Continued moaning does nothing.

NorthernWisdom

I would have walked if we had stayed at Sixfields no doubt. The threat that I would and backed by others made the club come back.
That's what you need to do. Only worry about things you can influence and not those that you can't. They are here to stay so we need to make the best of it. 
Continued moaning does nothing.

Fascinating logic.

Staying away drove CCFC from Northampton, but no point in staying away from Wasps as they're here to stay.

italiahorse

Fascinating logic.

Staying away drove CCFC from Northampton, but no point in staying away from Wasps as they're here to stay.

Ccfc were not staying in Northampton. They were always coming back.
Wasps now have no where to go.
Who's going to Wasps ? Matches clash with away games.
Think about it.

Terry Gibson's perm

The meeting minutes for the Supporters Consultative Group which took place on Wednesday, April 22nd are now available...
Coventry City Football Club
Supporters’ Consultative Group Meeting
Wednesday 22 April 2015, 6.15 p.m.
Alan Berry Building, Coventry University, Coventry

M I N U T E S

Present:

Steve Brown (SBR), Jan Mokrzycki (JM), Chris McGrath (CM), Pat Raybould (PR), Tynan Scope (TS), Ray Stephens (RS), Jonathan Strange, Vice Chairman (JS), Peter Ward, Chairman (PW), Robert Tidmarsh (RT), Kieran Crowley (KC), Pat Abel (PA), Sandra Garlick (SG), Kevin Monks (KM), Darren Davies (DD), Tim Fisher (TF), CJ Joiner (CJ), Mike Garlick (MG), Jim Brown (JB), Ian Davidson (ID), Mark Hornby (MH), Adam Dent (AD), Kev Monks (KM)

Apologies:

Steve Barnett, Dale Hayward, David Busst

Introduction

PW welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced a new member to the group, CJ Joiner who is part of the younger generation of members. He also welcomed Steve Brookfield, the club's Finance Director. Steve had been invited to talk about the state of the club financially. Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott were also welcomed to the meeting

Minutes of Last meeting

Circulated earlier by email, the meeting accepted as a true and fair record.

Matters Arising:

ID advised that he was missed off the attendees’ mailing list. PW has updated the list and will send to all members to confirm their details are correct.

PW said that he was disappointed by the recent comments publicised about him by the Sky Blue Trust and posted on the SBT website. PW questioned why the SBT felt it necessary to openly criticise the Chairman of the group outside of SCG meetings, and asked what motive the SBT has to undermine the SCG, of which the SBT is part. He asked SBR if he had sanctioned this.

SBR said he does not claim to represent any group of supporters and never has. He represents himself, he will not apologise or withdraw comments.

PW said he is concerned about the actions of some members of the group to mislead supporters. PW asked SBR why, when the SCG had invited the Chairman of the club to give a detailed report of the Club’s accounts at the last meeting, the Trust published their own interpretation with no reference to what Mr Fisher had reported to the SCG.

JS advised that SCG members should not publish assertions about the motives of colleagues who haven't even spoken

Issues Log

ID asked how things were progressing with this as he had put forward a lot of questions to the club on behalf of the London Supporters Group and had no response. PW said it was work in progress and would welcome any help with it. ID offered his help and this was accepted by PW.

Board Meeting

A meeting note had been issued prior to the meeting to summarise the SCG representation at the March Board meeting. PW asked if there were any questions arising.

SBR asked if the 5 point plan had been discussed. JB said yes, in parts during the meeting.

PW advised that a number of references had been made during the Board meeting to Financial Fair Play and the Football League’s Salary Cost Management protocol, and for this reason he has asked Steve Brookfield to attend the SCG meeting to bring this matter more widely to the attention of supporters.

Steve Brookfield

SB gave an overview of the Football League’s Salary Cost Management protocol

• Introduced into all 3 divisions of the Football League in 2012/3, having been trialed in League “ for a few years
• The Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) limits spending on player wages to a proportion of the club’s turnover
• Any breach of the permitted spending threshold results in a transfer embargo
• Turnover is generated by Season Ticket sales, gate receipts, sponsorship and other activities that can be proven to be produced by “football club” activities
• The Football League’s scrutiny is intense, calling for a budget to be agreed pre-season, based on expected turnover, with close and regular monitoring throughout the season
• The threshold is League One is currently running at 60%
• Given CCFC’s current attendance, the player wage budget is circa £2m per annum
• Against the Football League’s benchmarking survey, this is believed to be upper quartile for League One
• There was some discussion and explanation from SB to clarify the misunderstanding about the difference between the salary cap, the P&L and cash flow
• The salary cap can now include "football fortune" where revenue from a cup run or TV and equity from the owner, could now be included. This was not the case at the time of our Arsenal games. There was a long discussion on this and the Callum Wilson transfer was used as an example (without specific amounts). It was made clear that only physical cash received could be included in the salary cap calculation. Any future cash received would be counted at that time. So whilst the P&L and cash flow would show player costs, loan signings and compromise agreements costs and commitments only the amount received in cash in the season could be used for the salary cap calculation
• The salary cap included all player costs, but not those for under 21 players, and it was confirmed that it did not include the manager and his coaching staff
• There was also discussion on various models a club could use, the sustainable model (living within our means) vs the benefactor model. SW mentioned that from the benchmarking study only 8 League One teams had benefited from their benefactor last season
• The Steve Lansdown Bristol City example was used to demonstrate this. The Club confirmed it would follow the sustainable model and therefore the importance of season ticket sales to bring in revenues
• For CCFC to invest in a playing squad to capable of mounting a promotion Challenge, it needs to increase its turnover, ie season ticket sales are key
• TF reminded the group of the need to increase revenue streams to build a sustainable future; this was not possible in the current situation of renting a playing venue for match days only
• SB confirmed that revenues from non-football items like conference centres/hotel could be included but only when there is clear evidence of a link to a football club’s business which is hugely scrutinised
• SW offered to circulate the Hartlepool FC FAQ on the salary cap.

DD asked about the possibility of buying season tickets by direct debit as for some fans this is the only way they can afford to buy a season ticket. Steve Brookfield answered that they were waiting for a response from FCA with an answer.

Steve Waggott said that the club wants to create an atmosphere within the ground and asked for suggestions from the group. After much discussion it was decided to setup a working group for Season Tickets and seat configuration.

This was to be held on Tuesday 28 April and the volunteers were:

RS, PR, DD, ID, KM, RT, CJ, JS, MG, JM

Next Board Meeting

This will take place on 22 June and two representatives of the SCG will be invited to attend.

Any Other Business

DD asked if the club could give fans more warning when away tickets for sale are running out. MH said that the club's social media is regularly updated on the position of ticket sales.

ID asked about the pre-season tour. SW confirmed that the planning of it is moving along and is close to finalising. The fans will be updated and will also have the chance to book hotels for it too. The date it is to be held is the 3rd week of July and will be in Europe

SW advised that there would be no "home" friendlies due to the pitch not being ready

ID asked it to be noted in the minutes of thanks to Tynan Scope for the LSCSC Player of the Season Award

PR reported that the last family zone was a great success and that there was money in the kitty to role forward to next season.

MG said that the beer prices had been raised in the Yorkshire Bank lounge to £4.00.

JB asked if it would be possible to play videos games before kick off to get the crowd going. KC advised this wouldn't be possible as there is a copyright on videos.

JB advised The next golf day is 4 June and will be held at Stoneleigh Deer Park.

JM asked how things were progressing with the Kit. SW replied it will be ready soon. There will be a new manufacturer this year.

Date of next meeting
Wednesday 20 May (provisional)

Not sure if anybody has asked but who went in disguise as the 2nd Kev Monks:D

Astute

How is that a deflection? I care nothing for the SCG. However, they open themselves up for scrutiny by publishing minutes. When our council loving friend was questioned about the lack of minutes from the council at certain key events he stated that if there is no legal requirement what is the issue.

So the body that is accountable to the electorate can hide in secrecy and that's fine and dandy from council boy.

I am shocked to hear that you think openness is constantly having a go at anyone who disagrees with them. But there again.......

They are a waste of space. What good do they do for our club? They just see it as a way of having a go at anyone who questions them and also gives Fisher a place to keep up with his rubbish.

skybluetony176

How is that a deflection? I care nothing for the SCG. However, they open themselves up for scrutiny by publishing minutes. When our council loving friend was questioned about the lack of minutes from the council at certain key events he stated that if there is no legal requirement what is the issue.

So the body that is accountable to the electorate can hide in secrecy and that's fine and dandy from council boy.

The thread is about the SCG for CCFC not CCC. When you turn up as per usual to start waffling on about CCC despite the subject having SFA to do with them it's deflection pure and simple.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Fascinating logic.

To be fair there is logic there. Northampton was always temporary Wasps isn't. I haven't read all the thread. Why are we talking about Wasps? I assume someone pro-Sisu was losing an argument somewhere.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

The meeting minutes for the Supporters Consultative Group which took place on Wednesday, April 22nd are now available...
Coventry City Football Club
Supporters’ Consultative Group Meeting
Wednesday 22 April 2015, 6.15 p.m.
Alan Berry Building, Coventry University, Coventry

M I N U T E S

Present:

Steve Brown (SBR), Jan Mokrzycki (JM), Chris McGrath (CM), Pat Raybould (PR), Tynan Scope (TS), Ray Stephens (RS), Jonathan Strange, Vice Chairman (JS), Peter Ward, Chairman (PW), Robert Tidmarsh (RT), Kieran Crowley (KC), Pat Abel (PA), Sandra Garlick (SG), Kevin Monks (KM), Darren Davies (DD), Tim Fisher (TF), CJ Joiner (CJ), Mike Garlick (MG), Jim Brown (JB), Ian Davidson (ID), Mark Hornby (MH), Adam Dent (AD), Kev Monks (KM)

Apologies:

Steve Barnett, Dale Hayward, David Busst

Introduction

PW welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced a new member to the group, CJ Joiner who is part of the younger generation of members. He also welcomed Steve Brookfield, the club's Finance Director. Steve had been invited to talk about the state of the club financially. Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott were also welcomed to the meeting

Minutes of Last meeting

Circulated earlier by email, the meeting accepted as a true and fair record.

Matters Arising:

ID advised that he was missed off the attendees’ mailing list. PW has updated the list and will send to all members to confirm their details are correct.

PW said that he was disappointed by the recent comments publicised about him by the Sky Blue Trust and posted on the SBT website. PW questioned why the SBT felt it necessary to openly criticise the Chairman of the group outside of SCG meetings, and asked what motive the SBT has to undermine the SCG, of which the SBT is part. He asked SBR if he had sanctioned this.

SBR said he does not claim to represent any group of supporters and never has. He represents himself, he will not apologise or withdraw comments.

PW said he is concerned about the actions of some members of the group to mislead supporters. PW asked SBR why, when the SCG had invited the Chairman of the club to give a detailed report of the Club’s accounts at the last meeting, the Trust published their own interpretation with no reference to what Mr Fisher had reported to the SCG.

JS advised that SCG members should not publish assertions about the motives of colleagues who haven't even spoken

Issues Log

ID asked how things were progressing with this as he had put forward a lot of questions to the club on behalf of the London Supporters Group and had no response. PW said it was work in progress and would welcome any help with it. ID offered his help and this was accepted by PW.

Board Meeting

A meeting note had been issued prior to the meeting to summarise the SCG representation at the March Board meeting. PW asked if there were any questions arising.

SBR asked if the 5 point plan had been discussed. JB said yes, in parts during the meeting.

PW advised that a number of references had been made during the Board meeting to Financial Fair Play and the Football League’s Salary Cost Management protocol, and for this reason he has asked Steve Brookfield to attend the SCG meeting to bring this matter more widely to the attention of supporters.

Steve Brookfield

SB gave an overview of the Football League’s Salary Cost Management protocol

• Introduced into all 3 divisions of the Football League in 2012/3, having been trialed in League “ for a few years
• The Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) limits spending on player wages to a proportion of the club’s turnover
• Any breach of the permitted spending threshold results in a transfer embargo
• Turnover is generated by Season Ticket sales, gate receipts, sponsorship and other activities that can be proven to be produced by “football club” activities
• The Football League’s scrutiny is intense, calling for a budget to be agreed pre-season, based on expected turnover, with close and regular monitoring throughout the season
• The threshold is League One is currently running at 60%
• Given CCFC’s current attendance, the player wage budget is circa £2m per annum
• Against the Football League’s benchmarking survey, this is believed to be upper quartile for League One
• There was some discussion and explanation from SB to clarify the misunderstanding about the difference between the salary cap, the P&L and cash flow
• The salary cap can now include "football fortune" where revenue from a cup run or TV and equity from the owner, could now be included. This was not the case at the time of our Arsenal games. There was a long discussion on this and the Callum Wilson transfer was used as an example (without specific amounts). It was made clear that only physical cash received could be included in the salary cap calculation. Any future cash received would be counted at that time. So whilst the P&L and cash flow would show player costs, loan signings and compromise agreements costs and commitments only the amount received in cash in the season could be used for the salary cap calculation
• The salary cap included all player costs, but not those for under 21 players, and it was confirmed that it did not include the manager and his coaching staff
• There was also discussion on various models a club could use, the sustainable model (living within our means) vs the benefactor model. SW mentioned that from the benchmarking study only 8 League One teams had benefited from their benefactor last season
• The Steve Lansdown Bristol City example was used to demonstrate this. The Club confirmed it would follow the sustainable model and therefore the importance of season ticket sales to bring in revenues
• For CCFC to invest in a playing squad to capable of mounting a promotion Challenge, it needs to increase its turnover, ie season ticket sales are key
• TF reminded the group of the need to increase revenue streams to build a sustainable future; this was not possible in the current situation of renting a playing venue for match days only
• SB confirmed that revenues from non-football items like conference centres/hotel could be included but only when there is clear evidence of a link to a football club’s business which is hugely scrutinised
• SW offered to circulate the Hartlepool FC FAQ on the salary cap.

DD asked about the possibility of buying season tickets by direct debit as for some fans this is the only way they can afford to buy a season ticket. Steve Brookfield answered that they were waiting for a response from FCA with an answer.

Steve Waggott said that the club wants to create an atmosphere within the ground and asked for suggestions from the group. After much discussion it was decided to setup a working group for Season Tickets and seat configuration.

This was to be held on Tuesday 28 April and the volunteers were:

RS, PR, DD, ID, KM, RT, CJ, JS, MG, JM

Next Board Meeting

This will take place on 22 June and two representatives of the SCG will be invited to attend.

Any Other Business

DD asked if the club could give fans more warning when away tickets for sale are running out. MH said that the club's social media is regularly updated on the position of ticket sales.

ID asked about the pre-season tour. SW confirmed that the planning of it is moving along and is close to finalising. The fans will be updated and will also have the chance to book hotels for it too. The date it is to be held is the 3rd week of July and will be in Europe

SW advised that there would be no "home" friendlies due to the pitch not being ready

ID asked it to be noted in the minutes of thanks to Tynan Scope for the LSCSC Player of the Season Award

PR reported that the last family zone was a great success and that there was money in the kitty to role forward to next season.

MG said that the beer prices had been raised in the Yorkshire Bank lounge to £4.00.

JB asked if it would be possible to play videos games before kick off to get the crowd going. KC advised this wouldn't be possible as there is a copyright on videos.

JB advised The next golf day is 4 June and will be held at Stoneleigh Deer Park.

JM asked how things were progressing with the Kit. SW replied it will be ready soon. There will be a new manufacturer this year.

Date of next meeting
Wednesday 20 May (provisional)

The meeting in May was cancelled, no date yet confirmed for June meeting

Astute

The meeting in May was cancelled, no date yet confirmed for June meeting

If they don't have anyone to have a go at and TM has said that he wants Fisher to keep his gob shut as part of him staying as manager what reason do they have to hold another meeting?

Nick

Administrator
To be fair there is logic there. Northampton was always temporary Wasps isn't. I haven't read all the thread. Why are we talking about Wasps? I assume someone pro-Sisu was losing an argument somewhere.

Italia brought them up, so you are correct.

Nick

Administrator

Got to love this type of post.

It is up there with the "I am so drunk, I am typing perfectly though" sorts.

NorthernWisdom

Why are we talking about Wasps? I assume someone pro-Sisu was losing an argument somewhere.

Who knows. All I know is Italia rabbited on and he flip flops according to his whim. Anyway, can't be arsed with the tedium of this, let's get on with complaining about PW being a whiny old Queen, that's something all of us can agree on!

Users who are viewing this thread