Latest CCFC letter on planning application - Planning Meeting (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
This is where trust statements should be flying in every direction...

Otis

The situation might just be that we get to play in the Wasps branded stadium and the Wasps branded Academy rather than not..
Yep. Sad isn't it. :(

And like you say, if Wasps do bugger off, that's one bunch of charlatans back to London but the other bunch of squatters from London will still be entrenched here.

Last edited:

will am i

The situation might just be that we get to play in the Wasps branded stadium and the Wasps branded Academy rather than not..
And who would be responsible for that - SISU or someone else who wont conveniently just let them have whatever they want for free?

stupot07

To be honest, that quote has probably been taken out of context, as the article also mentions lack of access to revenues etc, notwithstanding wasps have refused to negotiate until "background" noise is dropped, so it was probably a discussion around the whole lot and then the quote stuck in the middle of the article to make it look like it was just about the academy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Yep. Sad isn't it. :(

And like you say, if Wasps do bugger off, that's one bunch of charlatans back to London and another bunch of squatters from London still entrenched here.

That is why I said from the start selling it to Wasps was going to damage us way after SISU have gone.

Which new owners are going to get excited over the wasps academy and wasps stadium? Unless it is Wasps themselves or one of their mates?

Nick

Administrator
To be honest, that quote has probably been taken out of context, as the article also mentions lack of access to revenues etc, notwithstanding wasps have refused to negotiate until "background" noise is dropped, so it was probably a discussion around the whole lot and then the quote stuck in the middle of the article to make it look like it was just about the academy.

Of course it was taken out of context! It is obvious it is a possiblity.

Captain Dart

That is why I said "seem", rather than "you have said you are chuffed".

Can you show me where I said that you had said it?

Well I can show you where I told you directly not to put words in my mouth, let me add do not try to imply you understand my opinions or feelings on a matter.
But I'll tell you this, it is my opinion that you are not very clever when it comes to understanding what is being said, which is why you ask so many dumb questions.

A pertinent quote "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

Nick

Administrator
Well I can show you where I told you directly not to put words in my mouth, let me add do not try to imply you understand my opinions or feelings on a matter.
But I'll tell you this, it is my opinion that you are not very clever when it comes to understanding what is being said, which is why you ask so many dumb questions.

A pertinent quote "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

Do you mean like the dumb questions I asked you via PM that you ignored about 10 times?

Get a bystander to read through some of your last comments and see if they judge them as a bit smug about it all.

Bruce the Boot

That is why I said from the start selling it to Wasps was going to damage us way after SISU have gone.

Which new owners are going to get excited over the wasps academy and wasps stadium? Unless it is Wasps themselves or one of their mates?

Totaly disagree , new owners , I would think would work in partnership with Wasps , to benefit all sides . Sisu are bullies hence nobody wants to deal with them .

Nick

Administrator
Totaly disagree , new owners , I would think would work in partnership with Wasps , to benefit all sides . Sisu are bullies hence nobody wants to deal with them .

Which bit do you disagree with?

Why would a new owner want to buy CCFC and come and rent a stadium from Wasps and an Academy from Wasps? Meanwhile they can go and pick up clubs like Wolves etc. The only people I can think of is Wasps themselves or somebody they / CCC have in mind.

Bennets Afro

We would still be feeding off the scraps that wasps give us whoever is in charge.

The club need to act now and do what they said and build a complex elsewhere in or around Cov and be in control of our own destiny

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
meanwhile there is a planning meeting today and the focus should be on that not some apparently inopportune comment, that might be true or may never happen. There were better ways for CA to answer the question at this time.

Far more interested in the CSF reply and whether what is there can be backed up with other evidence, emails, dates etc. or rebutted by similar. Could raise some serious questions for one side or the other

Nick

Administrator
meanwhile there is a planning meeting today and the focus should be on that not some apparently inopportune comment, that might be true or may never happen. There were better ways to answer the question.

Far more interested in the CSF reply and whether what is there can be backed up with other evidence, emails, dates etc. or rebutted by similar. Could raise some serious questions for one side or the other

I did wonder that earlier, when he said about being told by people at CCFC recently they were going whether it was all verbal or written. Will they have a folder full of emails with written notice from CCFC they are going to put on the table, drop the mic and walk off?

Do we need a "match thread" for the council meeting?

Ian1779

And Wasps aren't...

Want things their way and to hell with anyone else and their needs.

And before you start - they haven't invested shit in this city... Just take take take.

Bruce the Boot

Which bit do you disagree with?

Why would a new owner want to buy CCFC and come and rent a stadium from Wasps and an Academy from Wasps? Meanwhile they can go and pick up clubs like Wolves etc. The only people I can think of is Wasps themselves or somebody they / CCC have in mind.

Well I would be more than happy to fall under Wasps ownership , I disagree with nobody wanting to take the club on . At the right price somebody would have a crack .

stupot07

By working in partnership do you mean renting the bowl 23-26 days per annum at substantially higher rent whilst we get no access to additional revenues? Seems the benefits there are entirely 1 way, and it isn't a partnership its a rental agreement.

What new owners of any worth are going to be interested in this scenario now there's no chance of getting their hands on the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Well I would be more than happy to fall under Wasps ownership , I disagree with nobody wanting to take the club on . At the right price somebody would have a crack .

Yes, you probably would be.

The bullying hedge fund etc. ;)

What I don't get is people go on about SISU being bullies (which I dont disagree with, based on some of their tactics) but why does it make it OK for Wasps / CCC and CSF to then go all out on CCFC (not SISU).

stupot07

meanwhile there is a planning meeting today and the focus should be on that not some apparently inopportune comment, that might be true or may never happen. There were better ways for CA to answer the question at this time.

Very true, I did raise that question earlier.

The planning committee is what matters today not whether sisu are the worst owners in history.

chiefdave

Did wonder that. Haven't had time to look at it closely but the timelines on when they supposedly started talking to Wasps and when Fisher was publically stating we were leaving don't match do they?

Even as far back as when we returned to Higgs under Waggott he was talking about it being long term.

chiefdave

Who is going to buy the club? Unless you are a fan it would be the last club in the country you'd buy. You either stay in a Wasps branded ground with minimal income or you have to stump up and pay for a new stadium.
Well I would be more than happy to fall under Wasps ownership
Why on earth would you want to be owned by someone who would quite happily move the club 90 miles away if it was financially advantageous to them?

Captain Dart

Unbelievable, already trying to justify Wasps hiking our rent up.

Where did I justify anything, it is just an opinion about that I think could happen, I was asked the question, I answered, I didn't make any comment on the wrongs or rights of it.

Like Nick, you can't see the wood for the trees. I'm looking at things realistically & honestly. Its my opinion and I can express it.

Last edited:

Bruce the Boot

Yes, you probably would be.

The bullying hedge fund etc. ;)

What I don't get is people go on about SISU being bullies (which I dont disagree with, based on some of their tactics) but why does it make it OK for Wasps / CCC and CSF to then go all out on CCFC (not SISU).

Its obvious , really , Sisu are CCFC like it or not , they pull the strings , they are not to entirely separate operations . SO if you think they are seperate , why have Sisu taken the council to court whrn its nothing todo with them ? Why have nt CCFC been the ones for court action ?

Nick

Administrator
One thing that does confuse me, if it was absolutely clear that CCFC weren't going to be there. Why did they shell out on a new indoor pitch being laid?

He says he has clarified at length with Sport England, but they say they haven't seen enough?

skybluetony176

We're in a slightly different situation this time. Wasps won't talk to us regarding extending our Ricoh deal and are academy facility is being removed. Doesn't leave us with a lot of options does it?

Should he have refused to answer?

We have two years left to run on our current deal. It's too early yet to know what the situation will be at the time it comes to make a decision. Alot can and will happen over the the next couple of seasons.

Absolutely he shouldn't have answered the question. A reaction should have been obvious to his reply. So it was either deliberately said for effect or it's incompetence. I'll let you decide for yourself which it is.

Bruce the Boot

One thing that does confuse me, if it was absolutely clear that CCFC weren't going to be there. Why did they shell out on a new indoor pitch being laid?

He says he has clarified at length with Sport England, but they say they haven't seen enough?

Was nt that todo with part of the maintenance contract , that Sisu failed to uphold there end of the agreement .

Nick

Administrator
We have two years left to run on our current deal. It's too early yet to know what the situation will be at the time it comes to make a decision. Alot can and will happen over the the next couple of seasons.

Absolutely he shouldn't have answered the question. A reaction should have been obvious to his reply. So it was either deliberately said for effect or it's incompetence. I'll let you decide for yourself which it is.

Wait a minute, our fans moan about transparency, they moan about lies. Yet now he shouldn't answer questions in case people don't like the answer?

stupot07

I'd call it niaivity rather than incompetence.

skybluetony176

That's the thing, surely we as fans know deep down it is a "possiblity" that we might have to move away from there. Wasps won't talk to us FFS.

If he had said "No, we are never leaving the Ricoh" then he would get called a liar. If he said "no comment" or didn't answer then people would want to know why.

No wonder CCFC are playing the "hard done by" game with stuff like this, their own fans don't allow people to say anything bad about Wasps or CSF.

Funny how Wasps won't talk to us is a valid excuse for us to leave the Ricoh yet CA not talking to Wasps over the AEHC is acceptable.

Surely the major problem over the last few years is parties finding any little excuse not to talk. The lions share of which has been done by our owners.

I suggest you pick a principle and stick to it. Wasps not talking to us about the Ricoh is down to them, same as CA not talking to Wasps/CSF is down to him.

Nick

Administrator
Funny how Wasps won't talk to us is a valid excuse for us to leave the Ricoh yet CA not talking to Wasps over the AEHC is acceptable.

Surely the major problem over the last few years is parties finding any little excuse not to talk. The lions share of which has been done by our owners.

I suggest you pick a principle and stick to it. Wasps not talking to us about the Ricoh is down to them, same as CA not talking to Wasps/CSF is down to him.

The difference is, Wasps were halfway through negotiations and stopped weren't they? So they were obviously happy and the fact there were "17 points written down" suggest things were being written down also? Wasps also said they were happy with how the negotiations were going, before they stopped.

Ca said from the start he had requested info in writing for the academy (along with CCC advising for it)

chiefdave

Was nt that todo with part of the maintenance contract , that Sisu failed to uphold there end of the agreement .
No, the pitch was completely replaced and it wasn't cheap. The dispute over maintenance was not actually doing the work, Higgs wanted the club to pay to replace all the maintenance equipment, the club said it was for Higgs to supply.

skybluetony176

Otis, this is CCFC you are talking about though. If he had given that answer he would have been hammered also...

Instead, he is in a round about way actually telling the truth.

Are you really moaning now that he didn't bullshit?

If he hadn't have given that answer would the media have even picked up on it and reported it in the first place. It was either deliberately answered in the way it was for effect or it was incompetence. Either way it's switching focus from where it should be at this moment in time. That's why he shouldn't have answered it.

Ian1779

Not sure why we need to talk to Wasps about a facility they don't own based on a plan they haven't had accepted yet.

Unless of course it's a stitch up.

Users who are viewing this thread