Latest CCFC letter on planning application - Planning Meeting (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Our beloved club are headline news on BBC Breakfast's Midlands Today feature today.
Apparently we may move out of Ricoh and build our own stadium if we don't get our own way at the Higgs Centre?
MMMWAAAHAAAHAAA

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Anybody got a link? As if he is wording it like that, then it is almost certainly some silly threat....

Otis

Otis, this is CCFC you are talking about though. If he had given that answer he would have been hammered also...

Instead, he is in a round about way actually telling the truth.

Are you really moaning now that he didn't bullshit?
Not moaning and you are right, he would have got hammered.

It was still the right thing to do.

What possible good does it do talking about moving away when we have nowhere to go and they have no intention of building a new stadium?

In saying what they have said,, the only conclusion City fans could come to is that if we are not at the Ricoh we are ground-sharing many, many miles away again.

How is that going to get bums on seats here this season? How can they possibly encourage fans up the Ricoh with such talk.

They would have got hammered, yes, but they get hammered anyway whatever they say don't they?

Nick

Administrator
Not moaning and you are right, he would have got hammered.

It was still the right thing to do.

What possible good does it do talking about moving away when we have nowhere to go and they have no intention of building a new stadium?

In saying what they have said,, the only conclusion City fans could come to is that if we are not at the Ricoh we are ground-sharing many, many miles away again.

How is that going to get bums on seats here this season? How can they possibly encourage fans up the Ricoh with such talk.

They would have got hammered, yes, but they get hammered anyway whatever they say don't they?

Hit the nail on the head.

In an article looking the victim, I'd have personally pinned it on Wasps. "We are at the mercy of others, it isn't our decision if we stay or not" or something like that.

Hasn't it been obvious for a while? Wasps won't discuss things will they? What will happen if they don't want us there or say we can play there with stupid conditions (they can do what they want, they own it)?

will am i

How is it on the defence?

Ive just pointed out that it was answering a question, rather than an out and out threat.

All that will change the focus for the fans is people getting outraged by it and the telegraph articles that will be spun off it.

Didn't we already know it's a possibility about the ricoh anyway? He didn't say they would move us, it's probably more to do with no choice

Only on a ccfc fan site would somebody get annoyed because somebody else isn't reading into things to make the club look bad, while they fight the corner of a rugby club and csf who screw us over.
Because he has made a comment that he didnt need to make and which no one believes and you think that is ok. He is going to the planning committee clearly not very confident of his case. Dont you wish they would stop fucking about and start running their business instead of relying on someone else to provide the facilities we need? Embarrassing fools. How much does he get paid for the crap he spouts? Whatever it is its too much - still if you are happy to pay his wages i guess we think differently.

Nick

Administrator
Because he has made a comment that he didnt need to make and which no one believes and you think that is ok. He is going to the planning committee clearly not very confident of his case. Dont you wish they would stop fucking about and start running their business instead of relying on someone else to provide the facilities we need? Embarrassing fools. How much does he get paid for the crap he spouts? Whatever it is its too much - still if you are happy to pay his wages i guess we think differently.

He answered a question, it is a possibility we won't be playing at the Ricoh. It isn't down to us is it if we play there?

It will be the same as the academy, Wasps say over and over "the door is open" while they slowly force the club out of there. People see Wasps are heros.

However, if he is giving statements saying we are moving out tomorrow to build our own statements like it sounds on Midlands Today then you are right. He is being an absolute dick!

Otis

Hit the nail on the head.

In an article looking the victim, I'd have personally pinned it on Wasps. "We are at the mercy of others, it isn't our decision if we stay or not" or something like that.

Hasn't it been obvious for a while? Wasps won't discuss things will they? What will happen if they don't want us there or say we can play there with stupid conditions (they can do what they want, they own it)?

Well, my stance is you do the negotiation. You sit down, talk, let Wasps put the offer on the table.

If it is a ridiculous offer that screws us over then surely EVERYONE would turn on Wasps wouldn't they?

It would be black and white with none of this he's not talking to me and she's not talking to him bollocks we have at the moment.

Let Wasps commit to an offer for us to stay and let's have the offer made public. Then we would know just how much Wasps want us out, if that is indeed the case.

Nick

Administrator
Well, my stance is you do the negotiation. You sit down, talk, let Wasps put the offer on the table.

If it is a ridiculous offer that screws us over then surely EVERYONE would turn on Wasps wouldn't they?

It would be black and white with none of this he's not talking to me and she's not talking to him.

Let Wasps commit to an offer for us to stay and let's have the offer made public. Then we would know just how much Wasps want us out, if that is indeed the case.

Have you missed Wasps refuse to negotiate? :) CCFC were negotiating with them weren't they?

Captain Dart

The party under attack and their mates...

At least you can see it is us being forced out this time though. You can correct people who make out like Wasps and CSF are being really helpful :)

You are putting words into my mouth. Where did I use the term 'forced out', those are your words and your opinion, not mine.

Nick

Administrator
You are putting words into my mouth. Where did I use the term 'forced out', those are your words and your opinion, not mine.

So what is the game then, this pressure you talk about?

Certainly looks like forcing out, or a "threat / impression" of being forced out.

Captain Dart

Our beloved club are headline news on BBC Breakfast's Midlands Today feature today.
Apparently we may move out of Ricoh and build our own stadium if we don't get our own way at the Higgs Centre?
MMMWAAAHAAAHAAA

LOL, its gone from WE ARE MOVING AND WILL BE BUILDING OUR STADIUM IN 3 YEARS, to (3 years later) WE MAY MOVE.

Captain Dart

So what is the game then, this pressure you talk about?

Certainly looks like forcing out, or a "threat / impression" of being forced out.

What is SISU's game, bluster, threaten and sue, like I said "you reap what you sow".

christonabike

Looking at it from the outside surely CCFC or any business in fact, its their responsibility to build their own academy etc? Why do Sisu expect anyone to house them just because they get the chance to have homegrown players coming through the ranks only to be sold on at a profit. CCC or Wasps etc dont see any of this money so if we cant afford a ground, cant afford an academy, annoying the hell out of your landlords is the wrong way about it.
Now looks to be too late but gambling on the negative effect it will have on Wasps is stupid. Any press headlines about moving away and an uncertain future could be the final nail in the coffin. The fans will start to stay away, players here or players considering coming are going to want stability and will opt to elsewhere.
Theres a new season starting Saturday and instead of everyone mad for it we have more issues with the academy, a very short term deal on the Ricoh with nowhere else to go and a playing squad down to the minimum. Hardly the best way to go about things but leaving the who is right and wrong behind, its us fans that need to try to do something to get the parties to do something so we have some future. If you lose the academy and get a long term deal at the Ricoh we can start to build again. Get a decent scout network like we did years ago and in the meantime plan for an academy in the future.
I feel we are at the crossroads now and all the hens have come home to roost and us fans are the ones who will lose our club and the powers that be dont give a fuck. "The clock is ticking":( and I feel its not going to be long.

tim07

He answered a question, it is a possibility we won't be playing at the Ricoh. It isn't down to us is it if we play there?

It will be the same as the academy, Wasps say over and over "the door is open" while they slowly force the club out of there. People see Wasps are heros.

However, if he is giving statements saying we are moving out tomorrow to build our own statements like it sounds on Midlands Today then you are right. He is being an absolute dick!
We have to remember it is the responsibility of other parties to ensure that CCFC have a facility to underpin their cat 2 status. And a modern stadium. These businesses shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
I'm off to my local convenience store to vent my spleen and remind the ****** what his responsibility are.

Nick

Administrator
We have to remember it is the responsibility of other parties to ensure that CCFC have a facility to underpin their cat 2 status. And a modern stadium. These businesses shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
I'm off to my local convenience store to vent my spleen and remind the ****** what his responsibility are.

Ask him if they have a book on analogys while you are there.

Otis

Have you missed Wasps refuse to negotiate? :) CCFC were negotiating with them weren't they?
I am talking about going forwards.

So what is going to happen when our current deal runs out? Wasps are just going to let it lapse?

They have to talk to each other about the current deal running out.

The only other scenario I can envisage is Wasps again reiterating that the deal is about to run out and they will only negotiate if Sisu drop the 'legal noise.'

Bluff needs to be called. If I were Sisu, I would be asking, 'okay, we will consider dropping all legal action, what deal will you be offering if we do?'

Nick

Administrator
The only other scenario I can envisage is Wasps again reiterating that the deal is about to run out and they will only negotiate if Sisu drop the 'legal noise.'

That is close to the line of blackmail though isn't it?

Wasps ended the negotiations didn't they? It will be the same as the academy, they will just not mention it and confirm it. They will just reply to statements with "the door is open" and let it run out.

Wasps also need to confirm which legal action it is they are talking about... IF they are doing all of it over the JR against the council then questions would need to be asked ;)

Otis

That is close to the line of blackmail though isn't it?

Wasps ended the negotiations didn't they? It will be the same as the academy, they will just not mention it and confirm it. They will just reply to statements with "the door is open" and let it run out.

Wasps also need to confirm which legal action it is they are talking about... IF they are doing all of it over the JR against the council then questions would need to be asked ;)

Yep, agree. And 'legal noise' is very vague. Basically, clarification is needed all round.

Captain Dart

I said from the start, the council have got their mates to all team up now. As long as it gets one over on SISU, LOL LOL.

It isn't SISU it is going to damage though, is it?

Nope, SISU have poisoned their relationships with every potential partner, it is no wonder they stand together. The root cause is SISU's aggressive behaviour.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, agree. 'legal noise' is very vague. Basically, clarification is needed all round.
It is very vague, and they will say the same over and over again until it expires as it puts the blame on CCFC. The same as the academy and "our door is open" and "use kicking barn", very vague but also makes them look really helpful.

Nick

Administrator
Nope, SISU have poisoned their relationships with every potential partner, it is no wonder they stand together. The root cause is SISU's aggressive behaviour.

It isn't SISU that is being damaged though is it?

Let's not pretend they wouldn't stand together anyway though...

Captain Dart

So what do you think will happen if Wasps continue to not speak to the club about extending the current deal?

Its more likely the rent will have to go up substantially to insure against potential legal costs and the deal will be one season at a time. Like I keep saying 'you reap what you sow'.

Otis

It is very vague, and they will say the same over and over again until it expires as it puts the blame on CCFC. The same as the academy and "our door is open" and "use kicking barn", very vague but also makes them look really helpful.
I do honestly believe through that with CCC and Higgs and ACL and Wasps, that the problem they have is not with Coventry City and is very much with Sisu.

I think if we had different owners the situation could be quite different. That is just a pipedream at the moment though isn't it.

will am i

I said from the start, the council have got their mates to all team up now. As long as it gets one over on SISU, LOL LOL.

It isn't SISU it is going to damage though, is it?
For fucks sake SISU own the club and are responsible for how its run. Its got nothing to do with the council or Wasps. Point your anger at the right target. Ruthless hedge fund cant cope with cunning left wing council - how fucking useless can they be?

Nick

Administrator
Its more likely the rent will have to go up substantially to insure against potential legal costs and the deal will be one season at a time. Like I keep saying 'you reap what you sow'.

In other words, they are going to whack the prices up and then turn it around on legal costs.

You seem a bit chuffed that CCFC are being the victim in all of this?

Why don't they attack SISU direct? After all, if they fuck CCFC up then SISU will just stroll off back to London.

Captain Dart

It isn't SISU that is being damaged though is it?

Let's not pretend they wouldn't stand together anyway though...

Its you that live in a pretend world where whatever CCFC do it's alright and whatever anyone else does that stands in their way is unacceptable.

Nick

Administrator
For fucks sake SISU own the club and are responsible for how its run. Its got nothing to do with the council or Wasps. Point your anger at the right target. Ruthless hedge fund cant cope with cunning left wing council - how fucking useless can they be?

Erm, Wasps own the stadium, the council did before that.

The council have already tried to block another "move" inside the city.

Captain Dart

In other words, they are going to whack the prices up and then turn it around on legal costs.

You seem a bit chuffed that CCFC are being the victim in all of this?

Why don't they attack SISU direct? After all, if they fuck CCFC up then SISU will just stroll off back to London.

Where did I say 'chuffed' (or similar), can you show me?

Nick

Administrator
I do honestly believe through that with CCC and Higgs and ACL and Wasps, that the problem they have is not with Coventry City and is very much with Sisu.

I think if we had different owners the situation could be quite different. That is just a pipedream at the moment though isn't it.

The situation might just be that we get to play in the Wasps branded stadium and the Wasps branded Academy rather than not..

Users who are viewing this thread