Latest CCFC letter on planning application - Planning Meeting (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Pay more than wasps paid for the lot - no veto, still paying £1.3 million rent, no dividends, no voting rights

Amazed they didn't when you think about it.

Fair point but then why didn't they get round the table and do a deal similar to what wasps got way before wasps got in?

Brylowes

I love how it is SISU terrible at business for our high rent, that was set before they were here...
Your quite right of course, how can it be their fault the rent was so high, after all in those
Days you couldn't request access to the accounts. You wouldn't be given time for your
chosen professionals to undertake due diligence, during which time the vendor will be
Duty bound to disclose all relevant information "inc rent".
So yeah they probably still could be brilliant at business, they're definitely still past masters
At something, pulling the wool over your eyes.

will am i

Pay more than wasps paid for the lot - no veto, still paying £1.3 million rent, no dividends, no voting rights

Amazed they didn't when you think about it.
Quite right. Much better to spend the next 10 years or so losing money, pissing off your customers and partner organisations and embarrassing yourself in court trying to blame someone else for your mistakes. Still you must be happy that we cant compete with Rotherham for players these days. We'll probably be struggling to compete with the financial muscle of Exeter City next year. That damn ruthless council's fault i guess.

christonabike

Central news stating CCFC will consider a move away from Ricoh if academy cant use the Higgs as part of the Cat 2 program.

will am i

Central news stating CCFC will consider a move away from Ricoh if academy cant use the Higgs as part of the Cat 2 program.
I thought they were making plans for this years ago- even identified some sites i thought. Wasps and the council will be gutted if they don't have to deal with SISU anymore. They must piss themselves when Fisher and Anderson turn up with their empty threats.

Buster

Think we've been here before. Can't enter into discussions so I'm off and taking the ball with me . If any one knows what SISU really want can you let the rest of us in on it .

christonabike

I thought it strange they came out and said it today. As you say empty threats just like the academy one about not renewing and now they are shitting themselves.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like he was asked a question and said possibly.

Either way, article is to try and make fans get behind them. / annoyed at wasps and csf. Obvious which way it will go though.

skybluetony176

Either way, article is to try and make fans get behind them. / annoyed at wasps and csf.

You would think that they learned from last time that threatening to take the ball away isn't the way to do it and actually doing it even less so.

Problem is that with SISU's history of doing the same things expecting different results you wouldn't put this past them.

This is a worrying development.

Nick

Administrator
You would think that they learned from last time that threatening to take the ball away isn't the way to do it and actually doing it even less so.

Problem is that with SISU's history of doing the same things expecting different results you wouldn't put this past them.

This is a worrying development.
It doesn't look too much of a threat, he was asked a question and answered.

It doesn't also mean it would be through choice, if wasps won't have us there!

Buster

Either way, article is to try and make fans get behind them. / annoyed at wasps and csf. Obvious which way it will go though.
Interesting your first comment is to say that. They didn't learn the last time the dolly was chucked out the pram and they took us to Northampton

Nick

Administrator
Interesting your first comment is to say that. They didn't learn the last time the dolly was chucked out the pram and they took us to Northampton
First comment is to say what? They were answering a question?

Asked if the club may again have to find another home ground because of these factors

I could understand if it was "If we don't get that, then we won't allow CCFC To play at the Ricoh again and we will move away" which is a threat.

skybluetony176

It doesn't look too much of a threat, he was asked a question and answered.

It doesn't also mean it would be through choice, if wasps won't have us there!

Straight on the defensive for them. Surprise surprise. Not.

It was a stupid reply considering our history and he should have just brushed the question aside so a reply couldn't have been picked up on. All he's done is change the focus for the fan base. That's either incompetence or deliberate.

Nick

Administrator
Straight on the defensive for them. Surprise surprise. Not.

It was a stupid reply considering our history and he should have just brushed the question aside so a reply couldn't have been picked up on. All he's done is change the focus for the fan base. That's either incompetence or deliberate.
How is it on the defence?

Ive just pointed out that it was answering a question, rather than an out and out threat.

All that will change the focus for the fans is people getting outraged by it and the telegraph articles that will be spun off it.

Didn't we already know it's a possibility about the ricoh anyway? He didn't say they would move us, it's probably more to do with no choice

Only on a ccfc fan site would somebody get annoyed because somebody else isn't reading into things to make the club look bad, while they fight the corner of a rugby club and csf who screw us over.

Captain Dart

Those sort of statements are probably going to do the opposite.

Nick

Administrator
Those sort of statements are probably going to do the opposite.
Of course they are, it's ccfc.

People get annoyed when ccfc fans say nasty things about wasps

Aren't wasps refusing to talk to us? He would be lying if he said it wasn't a possibility wouldn't he?

Last edited:

Bruce the Boot

Nick

Administrator
Have nt they , just , Here goes the start of another long running saga. At least the beeb , said Wasps are willing to share facilities , Whilst the club dont have a pot to pee in , I think they should get round the table quick.
They have said about the kicking barn in every article, just as csf have said door is open.

It makes them look like hero's without really saying anything so city fans say how helpful they are being.

People can see that, can't they?

skybluetony176

"Asked if the club may again have to find another home ground because of these factors - after a groundshare with Northampton in the 2013-14 season - Mr Anderson said: "Possibly, but it's too early to tell."

Nobody should be encouraging this type of language from the club. If CA is too stupid to understand that those factors will only get worse should the club move again on their whim he needs it explaining to him.

Nick

Administrator
"Asked if the club may again have to find another home ground because of these factors - after a groundshare with Northampton in the 2013-14 season - Mr Anderson said: "Possibly, but it's too early to tell."

Nobody should be encouraging this type of language from the club. If CA is too stupid to understand that those factors will only get worse should the club move again on their whim he needs it explaining to him.

I agree, if CCFC upped and moved tomorrow.

He was asked a direct question, if he said that we were at the Ricoh for 100 years he would be lying wouldn't he?

will am i

How is it on the defence?

Ive just pointed out that it was answering a question, rather than an out and out threat.

All that will change the focus for the fans is people getting outraged by it and the telegraph articles that will be spun off it.

Didn't we already know it's a possibility about the ricoh anyway? He didn't say they would move us, it's probably more to do with no choice

Only on a ccfc fan site would somebody get annoyed because somebody else isn't reading into things to make the club look bad, while they fight the corner of a rugby club and csf who screw us over.
The only people screwing us over are SISU. Go build their own academy its no one else's responsibility. Why do you keep defending the inept fools? They have fucked your football club up with their genius business decisions.

Nick

Administrator
The only people screwing us over are SISU. Go build their own academy its no one else's responsibility. Why do you keep defending the inept fools? They have fucked your football club up with their genius business decisions.

Is it defending them saying he was answering a direct question?

chiefdave

Sorry if this has already been posted, haven't seen it on any thread. This is a mail from CSF to Wasps based on the club's original objection letter.
Started writing a reply saying that even our council aren't going to fall for some of that. Then I remember who we are dealing with and changed my mind!
i) there would potentially be limited scope for delivering water (swimming) space on the site, if there were not to be a re‐provisioning of the indoor playing pitch facility as proposed by Wasps within the planning application;
ii) there is absolutely no assurance that the existing user relationship with CCFC would continue beyond June 2017, regardless of the outcome of the Wasps Training Ground planning application, subject to the considerations of the relative demands of indoor dry side space versus wet side pool space; and the commercial and objective judgement of the Directors / Trustees as to a continuing business relationship with any organisation that would be looking to effectively stifle or dictate its charitable and strategically important community ambitions[/I].
How does that work then, you have to accept this planning application because if you don't another one we haven't even submitted and don't have the funding for might not happen.
Would like some more detail on his second point. When we returned the preferred option on the Higgs / CSF side was a short term deal. More recently CSF have been refusing to talk with the club about a long term deal. Seems a bit odd to then turn around and say we have to allow Wasps to do what they want as we don't know if CCFC will be here long term. Almost as if this has been the plan all along and Higgs / CSF have manipulated the situation to suit their objectives.
If they were concerned about the club being their long term you would expect them to be snapping Anderson's hand off to get a long term deal agreed, rather than refusing to engage.

Otis

Yeah, to where exactly?

They determined to have the City playing in front of less than 2,000 fans again?

They have been threatening to move away from the Ricoh for years. They did it once and it was disastrous and fans turned their back on the club, albeit temporarily.

chiefdave

We're in a slightly different situation this time. Wasps won't talk to us regarding extending our Ricoh deal and are academy facility is being removed. Doesn't leave us with a lot of options does it?
Nobody should be encouraging this type of language from the club.
Should he have refused to answer?

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing, surely we as fans know deep down it is a "possiblity" that we might have to move away from there. Wasps won't talk to us FFS.

If he had said "No, we are never leaving the Ricoh" then he would get called a liar. If he said "no comment" or didn't answer then people would want to know why.

No wonder CCFC are playing the "hard done by" game with stuff like this, their own fans don't allow people to say anything bad about Wasps or CSF.

Otis

We're in a slightly different situation this time. Wasps won't talk to us regarding extending our Ricoh deal and are academy facility is being removed. Doesn't leave us with a lot of options does it?

Surely you use the MP stock no committal answer don't you?

An MP would never answer like that straight away. A political answer would be something like 'We are focusing all our attention on resolving the current situation, (and/or) and coming to an agreement whereby we can continue to play at the Ricoh for the foreseeable future.

Nick

Administrator
Surely you use the MP stock no committal answer don't you?

An MP would never answer like that straight away. A political answer would be something like 'We are focusing all our attention on resolving the current situation, (and/or) and coming to an agreement whereby we can continue to play at the Ricoh for the foreseeable future.

I'd guess that would get the MP's answer response from our fans wouldn't it?

Captain Dart

I completely disagree with SISU's approach on legal action, they reap what they sow.
The game is clear, the parties under attack are ramping up the pressure while the court cases continue.
If SISU can't see that they are fools, if they continue they harm the long term prospects of the club.

Nick

Administrator
I completely disagree with SISU's approach on legal action, they reap what they sow.
The game is clear, the parties under attack are ramping up the pressure while the court cases continue.
If SISU can't see that they are fools, if they continue they harm the long term prospects of the club.

The party under attack and their mates...

At least you can see it is us being forced out this time though. You can correct people who make out like Wasps and CSF are being really helpful :)

Otis

I'd guess that would get the MP's answer response from our fans wouldn't it?
But that's irrelevant isn't it.

I hate the way MP's answer questions when there should be a straight committal and definitive reply, but at times it is needed.

All of focus at the moment, at least in terms of plain statement, should be about resolving this current situation.

We have no money and nowhere to go.

Nick

Administrator
But that's irrelevant isn't it.

I hate the way MP's answer questions when there should be a straight committal and definitive reply, but at times it is needed.

All of focus at the moment, at least in terms of plain statement, should be about resolving this current situation.

We have no money and nowhere to go.

Otis, this is CCFC you are talking about though. If he had given that answer he would have been hammered also...

Instead, he is in a round about way actually telling the truth.

Are you really moaning now that he didn't bullshit?

tim07

Our beloved club are headline news on BBC Breakfast's Midlands Today feature today.
Apparently we may move out of Ricoh and build our own stadium if we don't get our own way at the Higgs Centre?
MMMWAAAHAAAHAAA

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread