Kevin Kilbane training with Coventry City (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He can probably achieve more in his career at CCFC now than he can Barnsley. As a highly regarded personality in the game in general, I'd like to think that the impact he can make here-taking a big club up, which is the angle his mate Carsley was pursuing when he came here-will be something that motivates him massively. At Barnsley, the best he can expect is a season as a squad player in a lower-mid table team.
Yea if he is looking to go into coaching after then a possible promotion here would be a better option than a possible relegation with Barnsley and will look better on the CV I guess.

Barnsley were by far the worst team in the league from January last season and just lost their best player in Jacob Butterfield who has signed for Norwich.

Astute

Who is saying he won't be offered a coaching position with us? That way SISU would get a coach for free as he is a player, and also a vastly experienced player that can read the game better than anyone we have. Also make him captain. Then a coyple more experienced players and if we are not at least top 6 by xmas look at the managers role seriously.

kg82

Who is saying he won't be offered a coaching position with us? That way SISU would get a coach for free as he is a player, and also a vastly experienced player that can read the game better than anyone we have. Also make him captain. Then a coyple more experienced players and if we are not at least top 6 by xmas look at the managers role seriously.

There's no reason he won't be offered that, but I haven't heard any reports about that? Agreed on everything APART from IF Keogh stays (massive if) he should be captain.

StatoTK

Kilbane is very similar to Hreidarsson in that he can play LB, CM, LM and even CB if you need him to. That can only be a good thing. Had Hermann stayed fit last season then I think you wouldve had a better chance of staying up.

wingy

His current location may have a bearing on this ,don't know where he lives but Would Barnsley be an hour closer to where he currently lives if he commutes .

StatoTK

His current location may have a bearing on this ,don't know where he lives but Would Barnsley be an hour closer to where he currently lives if he commutes .

As someone who was born and lived in Barnsley, let me tell you that if he has any sense at all he wont move his family there.

Astute

There's no reason he won't be offered that, but I haven't heard any reports about that? Agreed on everything APART from IF Keogh stays (massive if) he should be captain.

I agree, but that is a massive IF

Lord_Nampil

@thegoalzone: We understand that #Coventry will sign Kevin Kilbane today. The 35 year old has been training with the Sky Blues after leaving Hull. #ccfc

pusbccfc

Free radio + the goalzone seem to think he's signing!

Astute

Waiting to see if he signs, and if so what role other than player he is given. He would be a major bonus for our younger players.

covcity4life

lets hope more good news today

kilbane signing and keogh commiting would leave us with a promotion team imo,although id love a big man upfront.

Users who are viewing this thread