Kevin Kilbane training with Coventry City (4 Viewers)

ajsccfc

If he was training with us and it wasn't reported, people would be bitching about the site giving us no information.

dongonzalos

Just incase anyone is interested kilbane is training with us. We have not offered him a contract yet. We are quite skint so if you are interested get in quick.

Why the hell don't we keep our mouths shut till someone has signed on the dotted line.

Would be a good signing

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Does'nt fit ATs player profile,"Give me Young and Hungry Everytime".

Yeah but there's "young and hungry" and our present squad-many of whom are still weaning!

rswxite

Definitely a good move if it happens? Very experienced pro who will help the kids improve! At 35 I'm sure he's got at least another year in him!!

Grendel

If it happens it will be a very good move. However, certain quarters will no doubt make references to Tim Sherwood, Colin Hendry etc.

Gaz

Not a great move this one imo

Just a season or two ago then I would have been very happy, but not now.

rswxite

If it happens it will be a very good move. However, certain quarters will no doubt make references to Tim Sherwood, Colin Hendry etc.

Agree! But for every sherwood, Hendry, etc there's a Wise, Mcallister, Hutchinson etc etc!

Need to get it done quick though before Preston, Swindon or sheffield utd come sniffing!!!

ccfc_Tom

We havent actually signed him btw. I'd take him as long as he's not going to be our top signing. Anyone fancy asking the huddersfield forums whether hes still any good?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't believe people are saying no to him???

Any player signed is a bonus at the minute. Another body is another body. He might be old but he is a class above most of the players we have.

I didn't stop playing until I was 45 FFS!! How can you call him old!! Sign him up!!

Sawyer

If he does sign after pre-season, what a signing imo. A wealth of experience for the team and a great influence on the youngsters, maybe another reason for Keogh to stay as well, we could do with the luck of the irish tbh!

As someone else said, we dont want it to be the signing of the summer tho.

CUS Wyken

Jesus wept. A 35 year old player training with us gets the board in hysterics.

Is this how bad it's gone?!?!? Getting excited about a player Who got injured at Derby in November and hasn't played since.

ajsccfc

Nobody's in hysterics. At most you've got people quite sensibly suggesting that if fit, an experienced international player might be quite useful to a league one team with a very young squad.

Don't let that stop you manufacturing a moan, though.

@richh87

Just incase anyone is interested kilbane is training with us. We have not offered him a contract yet. We are quite skint so if you are interested get in quick.

Why the hell don't we keep our mouths shut till someone has signed on the dotted line.

Would be a good signing

I'm positive they shoot their mouths off for exactly that reason. They've no intention of signing Fleck either.

PLEASE COME AND SIGN HIM BEFORE WE DO!

CUS Wyken

Nobody's in hysterics. At most you've got people quite sensibly suggesting that if fit, an experienced international player might be quite useful to a league one team with a very young squad.

Don't let that stop you manufacturing a moan, though.

Apart from you, no-one mentioned his fitness.

He's only played 30 games in 2 seasons. At 35 that is not productive enough. I would imagine his wages are quite big as well.

But like i said, this is how bad its gone when were getting excited about a 35 year old has been.

@richh87

Jesus wept. A 35 year old player training with us gets the board in hysterics.

Is this how bad it's gone?!?!? Getting excited about a player Who got injured at Derby in November and hasn't played since.

We shouldn't touch this guy. 35, injury prone and couldn't get games at Huddersfield last season.

ccfctommy

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a good signing? Ye she is old but we need experienced players.

ajsccfc

Apart from you, no-one mentioned his fitness.
Even though it's the kind of obvious thing that shouldn't need to be said:

He's 6ft, experienced and keeps himself fit...

Just hope he stays injury free longer than Herman....

His experience will be invaluable (although I'm sure SISU will somehow put a price on it), and he's never going to play a whole season, so is it really that bad an option to have as cover for Hussey?

Again, nobody's getting excited. If you don't think it'd be a great move that's fine, you don't need to also whinge about the people who would welcome the move.

smileycov

Facebook User
He is training with us, and being looked at. I can't see anything wrong in that. Nice to see positive movement at last.
I doubt he is the "star signing" but as people say another body in the squad, bit of experience. Not bad to be fair.

Sky Blue Kid

Kilbane can play central midfield or left back...although 35 could be a good signing for Coventry.....fingers crossed for another 6-7 signings.:)

CUS Wyken

Again, nobody's getting excited. If you don't think it'd be a great move that's fine, you don't need to also whinge about the people who would welcome the move.

How does Ccfcway knows KK keeps himself fit?

About him saying injury free is different to fitness.

And the last quote kinda proves my point. It's a 46 match season, we need players available everyweek not some player who can play once a week.

skyblue025

Lets face it any signing would be a good one at the minute.

We have a 23 man squad which includes 13 players 20 and under. There will be more outgoings as well.

ajsccfc

How does Ccfcway knows KK keeps himself fit?

About him saying injury free is different to fitness.

And the last quote kinda proves my point. It's a 46 match season, we need players available everyweek not some player who can play once a week.

Because it's fairly obvious that the signing is only worthwhile if he stays fit. That would be the same for nearly any player, but Kilbane would likely be a short-term thing so it's more of a concern.

The last quote contradicts your notion of people getting all excited. Who's going giddy over him training with us? It's more that people would welcome a player to add a bit of depth while also hoping it's not our entire transfer dealing for the summer, which doesn't warrant your disdain at all.

Astute

I think he would be a good signing. He is an international player that has played for his country 110 times. He would bring a lot more than just another player to the club. We might get him on low wages as both the player and club could be looking more to the future after he has finished playing than just next season.

If Keogh leaves we will need a captain. We have a lack of experience so not many candidates for the role. We need players like him next season. We can't afford younger experienced players. Should we carry on playing 18 year olds? We have not had a player of his quality since Wise.

Anyone else think the phrase "training with the club" could really mean TRIAL? Does anyone believe Kilbane would be, at 35 and a dicky back, an improvement over square balls Clingan? Maybe he can play the experienced head amongst the kid and then join the coaching staff when Carsley eventually replaces Thorn.

Sterling Archer

For the wages he would no doubt command do we really want to risk whether he will be a "Dennis Wise" over a "Arjan De Zeeuw, Tim Sherwood, Shaun Goater, Herman Hreidarrsson"?

smileycov

Facebook User
So a 35 year old, struggling with injuries last couple of years and out of work, would defo command a big fee would he?

CUS Wyken

So a 35 year old, struggling with injuries last couple of years and out of work, would defo command a big fee would he?

It's HH all over again.

Player with little match fitness, played only 30 games in 2 years. Suffered with injuries. Let's hope (if he does sign) lasts longer then 3 games eh. He'll be one of the highest earners that for sure

Tomh111

For the wages he would no doubt command do we really want to risk whether he will be a "Dennis Wise" over a "Arjan De Zeeuw, Tim Sherwood, Shaun Goater, Herman Hreidarrsson"?

How does every one know he would be asking for huge wages? after such a long career and at 35 maybe he just enjoys playing the game at the highest level he can, so wouldn't price himself out of negotiations with arguably the biggest club in the league by asking for massive wages when everyone knows that we dont have 2 pennies to rub together.

CUS Wyken

How does every one know he would be asking for huge wages? after such a long career and at 35 maybe he just enjoys playing the game at the highest level he can, so wouldn't price himself out of negotiations with arguably the biggest club in the league by asking for massive wages when everyone knows that we dont have 2 pennies to rub together.

We're not the biggest club in the league tho. I reckon he'll want at least 4k a week. Minimum. I personally feel with our budget we need players who can/will play in every game. He won't

Users who are viewing this thread