Kevin Kilbane training with Coventry City (2 Viewers)

Tomh111

We're not the biggest club in the league tho. I reckon he'll want at least 4k a week. Minimum. I personally feel with our budget we need players who can/will play in every game. He won't

I put arguably the biggest club, meaning that in some peoples opinion, i.e. optimists, we are and in others, i.e. yours, we are not.
"I reckon" that is a great way to start an argument, are you his agent? or will you be sitting in on the negotiations? no. so it is just speculation as what I said is just speculation. While we may need players who can play every game we need experience and an old head or two in the squad for the 18/19 year olds to look too as someone who has won over 100 caps for his country and has played at the top level. We also need squad players like him that can step in and fill a hole as he could, as fundamentally that was the problem last year our first team probably had enough quality to stay up just about but there was no cover when they got injured meaning we were playing 18 year olds.

Grendel

We're not the biggest club in the league tho. I reckon he'll want at least 4k a week. Minimum. I personally feel with our budget we need players who can/will play in every game. He won't

He could end up on a pay as you play deal.

covcity4life

its a gamble but it can work out too,you cant say same thing will happen

derby took a punt on him only last year when he was 34, hes obviously still fit

jsut 2 years ago he helped huddersfield to l1 playoff final, he can do a job for us and i really hope we get him as with him and fleck thats our midfield pretty much sorted imo(if we dont fire deegan)

D

Deleted member 4232

Being a rookie to the sport, can someone give me the basics on this guy while I skim his wiki. How will he blend with city?

CUS Wyken

I was just going by his 2011 appearances on wiki dint think about 10/11 season

My 2 major concerns Tom are

Hasn't played a competive game in over 8 months and with his age. How many games could he play in a week. League 1 there is usually 2 games a week. Will have the fitness for it?

smileycov

Facebook User
but i doubt he will be starting every game. Surely as cover for hussey say, he will be good. Play him and hope he does allright fitness and injury wise. My mate is Derby fan, said he was good up until he got injured., use him in parts not a bad thing...we have a team of kids, bit of experience is needed. Especially in DIV 1. I doubt there are too many players banging on our door.

skybluelee

Don't exagerrate. The season runs for about, what, 38-39 weeks? We play 46 games plus about 3 cup games. Nowhere near two games per week.

CUS Wyken

but i doubt he will be starting every game. Surely as cover for hussey say, he will be good. Play him and hope he does allright fitness and injury wise. My mate is Derby fan, said he was good up until he got injured., use him in parts not a bad thing...we have a team of kids, bit of experience is needed. Especially in DIV 1. I doubt there are too many players banging on our door.

Aslong as the wages are not massive then I agree. I dont see the point in wasting alot of money on players as back up.

CUS Wyken

Don't exagerrate. The season runs for about, what, 38-39 weeks? We play 46 games plus about 3 cup games. Nowhere near two games per week.

It is 37 weeks. Take in account of league cup, Johnstone paint and FA cup. Could easily be 52 games. Is your maths decent? That means every other week will be playing 2 games. No exaggeration is fact

davebart

I think he would be a good signing for the right price. We might have been a big club - but we ain't now. We are one of the poorest. A player like KK would have to take a massive drop in wages. If he does that fair play to him.

ccfc_Tom

It is 37 weeks. Take in account of league cup, Johnstone paint and FA cup. Could easily be 52 games. Is your maths decent? That means every other week will be playing 2 games. No exaggeration is fact

I like your optimism of at least one cup run

dongonzalos

Kilbane

Talksport just said he has a choice of Barnsley, Hibs or Coventry.

Lets hope Carsley's mate status can do the trick..

Would be ironic if the money Hibs have saved on the Mcpacke deal, helps them to nick a player from our training field. Get him signed up CCFC. Also get Fleck signed up if we believe he is the talent he is supposed to be and we get hit with a fee later then sell him on to fund it then if we cant afford the fee.

We must be able to pay some fee though as we tried to sign Norwood who would have comanded a fee.

Grendel

Having looked at his injury record I have revised my view. Unless its pay per play it could be a risk.

As for Mcpake we will have saved more than £100k by letting him go for free.

dongonzalos

Having looked at his injury record I have revised my view. Unless its pay per play it could be a risk.

As for Mcpake we will have saved more than £100k by letting him go for free.

I know I was looking at that yesterday it was the back one that concerned me. Pay per game would definately be a bonus.

Elliot has a shocking injury record as well. Most his seasons get disupted by injury.

Problem is I was that convinced we were not going to sign anyone I was jumping with joy to see Kilbane training and elliot signed. Then when the dust settles you start to have a dig and I have to admit it is slightly worrying.

Very frustrated that did not get that embargo lifeted earlier for collins

mr_monkey101

I know I was looking at that yesterday it was the back one that concerned me. Pay per game would definately be a bonus.

Elliot has a shocking injury record as well. Most his seasons get disupted by injury.

Problem is I was that convinced we were not going to sign anyone I was jumping with joy to see Kilbane training and elliot signed. Then when the dust settles you start to have a dig and I have to admit it is slightly worrying.

Very frustrated that did not get that embargo lifeted earlier for collins

only issue with collins is that shrewsbury are entitled to a fee for him so even if we had been able to sign him i doubt we would have been able to pay the fee

covcity4life

kilbane must be signed...a utility player is like goldust for cov where we need to cover many positions due to poor squad depth

ccfc2011

would be a very good signing

aodea

Would be happy enough if Kilbane was around. Was a legend for Ireland and great at left back or on left side. he will probably not be able to play every game but any games he plays area bonus. Think what he adds to the squad in experince and know how is great. As for wages i dont think a player who played for Derby and huddersfield would be commanding a huge wage.

Any signing at the moment is a good signing.

Sawyer

With the option of him being able to sign for Barnsley as a player/coach I highly doubt we will retain Kilbane after pre-season :(

Nonleagueherewecome

With the option of him being able to sign for Barnsley as a player/coach I highly doubt we will retain Kilbane after pre-season :(

Unless the Carsley Connection can swing it? Plus we are a bigger club, really...

thechase

Think it will come down to how much he wants to play. As player coach in the championship he would play limited games whereas here he would get at least 25-30 games minimum.

kg82

Kilbane

Understood we want to sign him but he also hs the option of joining Barnsley as a player/coach.

Just saw on facebook, I'll get the link

Nonleagueherewecome

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up!!!

CovScott88

I hope we do convince him to sign. Think he'll be a valuable addition in League 1. Decent quality, versatile and experienced.

Nonleagueherewecome

I hope we do convince him to sign. Think he'll be a valuable addition in League 1. Decent quality, versatile and experienced.

And that's why we need him so much in particular.

Nonleagueherewecome

He can probably achieve more in his career at CCFC now than he can Barnsley. As a highly regarded personality in the game in general, I'd like to think that the impact he can make here-taking a big club up, which is the angle his mate Carsley was pursuing when he came here-will be something that motivates him massively. At Barnsley, the best he can expect is a season as a squad player in a lower-mid table team.

Users who are viewing this thread