Just to get a general feel of things (1 Viewer)

At this moment, do you want Robins sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 186 91.6%

• Total voters

clint van damme

Haha...of course. But it’s all too close for my liking. But if they concentrate on beating Wycombe and then us that’s 6 points for them. Then they have Brum at home.

Their home form is dire. They've being doing better away. I think they'll beat Wycombe. We really need to match that.

Paxman II

Where did you say we’d finish with this squad at the start of the season?

Grendel you know as well as I do, the squad lost key players for long periods. Not unusual to have to cope with loss of players for any team, and often used as an excuse unless exceptional. Robin's has had the exceptional thrown at him. Some of our best players, including our two main strikers out for long periods. I think I said mid table, and that would have been achieved but for these exceptional circumstances. Now we are struggling at the lower endand trying to ensure stay in the league, which the majority on here said we would. That still looks likely. We are well clear of the other teams, and it is very much in our own hands still. The problem Grendel is you are like a black cloud over everything anyone says. If that gives you purpose, so be it. I'll still be looking for the odd positive post from you. :)

Grendel

Grendel you know as well as I do, the squad lost key players for long periods. Not unusual to have to cope with loss of players for any team, and often used as an excuse unless exceptional. Robin's has had the exceptional thrown at him. Some of our best players, including our two main strikers out for long periods. I think I said mid table, and that would have been achieved but for these exceptional circumstances. Now we are struggling at the lower endand trying to ensure stay in the league, which the majority on here said we would. That still looks likely. We are well clear of the other teams, and it is very much in our own hands still. The problem Grendel is you are like a black cloud over everything anyone says. If that gives you purpose, so be it. I'll still be looking for the odd positive post from you. :)

There’s zero point in positivity if it’s based on zero logic

SBT

As bad as we look at the moment, we’re still safe by PPG. If we tank the rest of the season and go down without a fight then Robins should go, but I don’t expect that to happen. If we pick up a couple of results but go down anyway then I think Robins obviously deserves the chance to try an encore performance of last season. But promotion will be the expectation, and if it looks in serious doubt at any stage of the season then he should be replaced.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That's basically describing Mark Robins, but worse.

The only differences being Robins plays 3-4-2-1 and got us 8th in League One and then 1st.

Lowe got 7th and is currently 14th.

Why would we swap for that?
Lowe’s last 2 full seasons were 2nd and 1st in league two.

you’re missing the point, lowe is in a higher league and hasn’t shit himself at the quality jump from Morecambe to Sunderland . He doesn’t default to 0-0 and anything else is better.

currently there’s no cohesion, a new manager would come in and give them a bounce. We’re currently getting worse under Robins. One is an up and coming manager the other has failed at every club at this level.

Last edited:

SBT

Lowe’s last 2 full seasons were 2nd and 1st in league two.

you’re missing the point, lowe is in a higher league and hasn’t shit himself at the quality jump from Morecambe to Sunderland . He doesn’t default to 0-0 and anything else is better.

currently there’s no cohesion, a new manager would come in and give them a bounce. We’re currently getting worse under Robins. One is an up and coming manager the other has failed at every club at this level.

I, too, think we should have a manager who won promotion from L2 and subsequently did well in L1.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I, too, think we should have a manager who won promotion from L2 and subsequently did well in L1.
If we’re focusing solely on better accomplishments than I recommend Pulis, Harris and Monk. All available and all have significantly better records than Mark Robins

im banking on a manager having a new manager bounce and getting better results

lordy_87

If we’re focusing solely on better accomplishments than I recommend Pulis, Harris and Monk. All available and all have significantly better records than Mark Robins

I don't want that dodgy bastard monk coming here

SBT

Monk’s record is worse, and the other two have already been sacked by Championship teams this season.

I know the ‘new manager bounce’ is an attractive quick fix (problematic as the concept is) but at least have a couple of good ideas in mind before you go all in on it.

Reactions: PVA

cc84cov

Monk’s record is worse, and the other two have already been sacked by Championship teams this season.

I know the ‘new manager bounce’ is an attractive quick fix (problematic as the concept is) but at least have a couple of good ideas in mind before you go all in on it.
Dennis Wise 😎

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I did. Ryan Lowe but his 2nd and 1st in league two and currently 14th says he isn’t better. If we’re basing it purely on Former positions:

Monk- Kept Birmingham up, and has better overall record than Robins
Harris - Got millwall promoted and kept them in the championship safely in mid table. Cardiff- was expected to be in the prOmotion places
pulis - Never been relegated, Sheff Weds in a strange place.

what particular criteria do you want

Grendel

I don't get the whole "Robins cannot be questioned as we got promoted".

Does that mean he's immune and can just fuck up every week and live off League 2 and 1?

For some people so it seems

Mucca Mad Boys

The consensus in the EFL is that Robins is doing, and is continuing to do a brilliant job with the resources at hand.

I think we’ll stay up and even if we don’t, MR has got enough credit in the bank to lead another promotion charge. If Rotherham stay up, it’ll be 2nd time lucky their manager has took them up and kept them there.

The key thing is either way, MR’s next challenge is to keep the club moving forward. This year, we’ve had enough injuries to warrant giving him the benefit of the doubt. After all, would Biamou start for any of the other teams around us?

Brighton Sky Blue

That's it in a nutshell

Look at Birmingham. They looked doomed and even their own fans were saying they were destined to go down. They looked such an awful side

Bowyer has simply got them playing at a higher energy and with a high pressing game. It's made a world of difference and we can surely emulate that.

High energy. Press, harry and close down.

It's not rocket science.

If we can't do that, Robins has to go.

We need to be sweating blood out there every game. We may have players of lesser quality than almost every other side in the league, but we are capable of working hard. We now have two goalscorers back in the fold.

I dare say, had we had Walker or Godden in earlier, they would have definitely have scored a number of those missed Biamou chances.

Agree entirely with that. Even in the first 10 games where we struggled, the players were all still fighting for the cause. Now a goal goes in and you can basically write off the game and even if we score first it's still shaky. Buck lies with the manager.

Brighton Sky Blue

The consensus in the EFL is that Robins is doing, and is continuing to do a brilliant job with the resources at hand.

I think we’ll stay up and even if we don’t, MR has got enough credit in the bank to lead another promotion charge. If Rotherham stay up, it’ll be 2nd time lucky their manager has took them up and kept them there.

The key thing is either way, MR’s next challenge is to keep the club moving forward. This year, we’ve had enough injuries to warrant giving him the benefit of the doubt. After all, would Biamou start for any of the other teams around us?

If Rotherham stay up it's because we gifted it on a plate

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If Rotherham stay up it would mean that we’d gone backwards. We should not be finishing below them or Wycombe

Grendel

he wouldn’t have been offered a contract by anyone else

jimmyhillsfanclub

If we stay up, he should stay....

If we go down give him the boot......but I think he deserves the full season.

Liquid Gold

Looks like the paltry 10% that want him gone are the ones shouting the loudest

Just because you shout doesn't make you right
There’s far more people shouting for him to stay, does that make you wrong?

I voted keep him but this fucking messiah complex our fans have with him is bizarre. We’re allowed to question him and he’s been pretty fucking shite lately.

Brighton Sky Blue

There’s far more people shouting for him to stay, does that make you wrong?

I voted keep him but this fucking messiah complex our fans have with him is bizarre. We’re allowed to question him and he’s been pretty fucking shite lately.

A lot of those ‘No’ replies are conditional anyway

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What are Harris and Monks accomplishments?
Harris got Milwall promoted then led then safely to mid table. Last season took Cardiff to the play offs in this league

Monk took over Swansea in a relegation battle and kept them up. Following season took them to 8th in the prem. he also took over

at Birmingham he initially took over with a threat of relegation with 11 to play. Won half the games to keep them up safely. Guy has a history of keeping teams up. He actually had them top half before a points deduction in his last season

Users who are viewing this thread