Just to get a general feel of things (1 Viewer)

At this moment, do you want Robins sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 186 91.6%

• Total voters

Grendel

Robins won 2 promotions in 3 seasons, we are 22nd in the wage table, £4m behind 21st, £9m behind 20th.

Plymouth are 18th in the market table in L1, a much closer league, and sit 14th.

The comparison is weak. Ryan Lowe, pfft.

How do we attract better players in a stupid money league when others have much better to offer? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe all could only afford to bring a butter knife to a gun fight.

How do you know the wages of clubs out of interest this season?

Hutch11

Voted No same as the vast majority but still the numbskull is bang bang bang bang the drum

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

He’s an up and coming manager, that plays to our philopsophies.

the bare minimum we should expect is to finish above Rotherham, Wycombe and Sheffield Weds. they had a point deduction.

I was asked for an alternative. I’ve picked a manager that had a ideal to play attacking football, not shit your bed defend a 0-0 at home to bottom of the league Wycombe.

I’ve also pointed out managers who have done well at this level, including keeping clubs up but Mark Robins is deemed better, when in reality he isn’t

our players need a kick up the arse and a fresh outlook. Not a manager belittling them and making them feel like they won a raffle to be in this league

Our philosophies or Robins/Viveash philosophies that got us here in the first place? And were sussed within 2 minutes of championship football?

fernandopartridge

No, I've calmed down from Friday. It isn't the right time to change and the manager deserves better.

It's funny really, if you'd have said we'd spend almost the entire season outside the bottom 3, despite missing one or more key players for a lot of the season, and fans were calling for Robins' head, you'd think fans are stupid.
That said, despite everything it's hard to ignore the many games where we've appeared to settle for a point where 3 were very much achievable. Whether that's solely down to the manager I don't know but it would certainly appear to be his biggest issue.

Grendel

No, I've calmed down from Friday. It isn't the right time to change and the manager deserves better.

It's funny really, if you'd have said we'd spend almost the entire season outside the bottom 3, despite missing one or more key players for a lot of the season, and fans were calling for Robins' head, you'd think fans are stupid.
That said, despite everything it's hard to ignore the many games where we've appeared to settle for a point where 3 were very much achievable. Whether that's solely down to the manager I don't know but it would certainly appear to be his biggest issue.

If we go down?

Tommo1993

Warned myself to stop being argumentative on here after taking a break. Not that I’m angry with anyone. We’re all frustrated and want to stay up more than anything.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our philosophies or Robins/Viveash philosophies that got us here in the first place? And were sussed within 2 minutes of championship football?
What you on about sussed, Robins freaked at any side that had intent and went ultra defensive. The one time we had a go we won 2-0 against Brentford.

I’m not saying gung ho but the second half of the season we look like we’re set up for a 0-0. There’s no guile. Robins always basically makes it sound like we don’t belong here - hows that for man management

Grendel

If we go down I think he probably should go depending on how we go down.
Why are you so keen on changing manager if you think that anybody would have to "worship at the alter of SISU"? Surely that makes it all a bit moot?
Manager change can get a short term re boot and now I see us in real trouble and relegation would be a disaster and we could easily spend another decade in the wilderness

Tommo1993

Think the biggest fools are people who said games weren’t ‘must win’ or ‘free hit’, so on. Even though it’s not their fault how those games went, those people are the ones flapping most, scrambling for 3pts.

Otis

If we go down I think he probably should go depending on how we go down.
Why are you so keen on changing manager if you think that anybody would have to "worship at the alter of SISU"? Surely that makes it all a bit moot?
Exactly.

We go down fighting and playing with passion and we can see there is a plan in place, but find it's just a bridge too far, then that would be okay.

Go down and keep losing and keep looking clueless, spineless and without any coherent system, then I would definitely be changing my vote from no.

I certainly don't support the "even if we lose every game left" stance.

That would be the most horrendous run and any manager would be expecting to be sacked on the back of that.

Birmingham have shown what can be achieved with a bit of high energy and battle mentality.

Legia Sky Blue

No but now they’ve got a hectic schedule, with half the team recovering from Covid. They’re still more likely to stay up than we are

Despite the poor run we are on your opinion isn't supported by the bookies, who probably offer the most realistic independent guide to where we currently stand. Current relegation odds are Wycombe 1/200, Sheff Wed 1/10, Rotherham 6/4, Birmingham 2/1, CCFC 9/4, Derby 9/1, Huddersfield 9/1, Preston 16/1.

Of course our odds were much longer a few weeks back and if we lose on Monday then they will look a lot worse, but until that time I'm going to be positive and believe we will stay up. On Robins I don't see SISU sacking him even if we go down, and unless we meekly lose the remaining 8 games I wouldn't want rid of him either.

PVA

In 3 seasons Ryan Lowe has had 2 promotions, and has safely kept Plymouth up in league one. He probably has one of the 4 lowest wage budgets in league one.

plays passing football and more importantly adapts to the situation. Plays 3-4-1-2 mostly which suits our players

That's basically describing Mark Robins, but worse.

The only differences being Robins plays 3-4-2-1 and got us 8th in League One and then 1st.

Lowe got 7th and is currently 14th.

Why would we swap for that?

skyblue1991

Let's see what happens on Monday.

If we win then all bets are off... For now

If we lose then its in the manner of how we lost. If we lose because Bristol City has a a bit more quality then I can accept that. If we lose because we played like we did against QPR then its time to question Mark Robins

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

PVA

To me Robins is taking a lot of the flack for players' mistakes.

Yes Robins has made mistakes, but so have players. You can think back to some awful errors through the season and could easily add 4 or 5 points to the tally without some of the worst ones.

Then everyone would be lauding Robins as a genius, but without him actually doing anything differently.

Biamou giving the ball away v Forest. Rose turning into his own net in the reverse fixture. Wilson and Marosi dropping numerous clangers. Biamou's miss v Wycombe. Just a few examples.

Add the points that those errors cost us and all of a sudden we're comfortable and Robins is a hero in everyone's eyes despite doing exactly the same things and no one mentions his shortcomings.

Sick Boy

To me Robins is taking a lot of the flack for players' mistakes.

Yes Robins has made mistakes, but so have players. You can think back to some awful errors through the season and could easily add 4 or 5 points to the tally without some of the worst ones.

Then everyone would be lauding Robins as a genius, but without him actually doing anything differently.

Biamou giving the ball away v Forest. Rose turning into his own net in the reverse fixture. Wilson and Marosi dropping numerous clangers. Biamou's miss v Wycombe. Just a few examples.

Add the points that those errors cost us and all of a sudden we're comfortable and Robins is a hero in everyone's eyes despite doing exactly the same things and no one mentions his shortcomings.
It’s not the reality of the situation though and has been used as an excuse all season.

PVA

Is finishing higher than Wycombe, Rotherham and Sheff W with a points deduction really too much to expect?

It's about what we expected. No more, no less.

Right now we're on course to do that so I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

AFCCOVENTRY

It's about what we expected. No more, no less.

Right now we're on course to do that so I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

I think that’s a great result for us, however I think many are angry at the abject performances from the players, which lack any kind of fight and bizarre tactics from Robins. This has been going on for far too long. I can accept losing games, as long as the players give everything.

Otis

I think that’s a great result for us, however I think many are angry at the abject performances from the players, which lack any kind of fight and bizarre tactics from Robins. This has been going on for far too long. I can accept losing games, as long as the players give everything.
That's it in a nutshell

Look at Birmingham. They looked doomed and even their own fans were saying they were destined to go down. They looked such an awful side

Bowyer has simply got them playing at a higher energy and with a high pressing game. It's made a world of difference and we can surely emulate that.

High energy. Press, harry and close down.

It's not rocket science.

If we can't do that, Robins has to go.

We need to be sweating blood out there every game. We may have players of lesser quality than almost every other side in the league, but we are capable of working hard. We now have two goalscorers back in the fold.

I dare say, had we had Walker or Godden in earlier, they would have definitely have scored a number of those missed Biamou chances.

cov donkey kick

What none of us want is Rotherham getting above us before any games in hand are played,if that happens we are in trouble so tomorrows game is crucial ,to robins it will show if he can motivate the squad and make clear decisions and get results.

AFCCOVENTRY

That's it in a nutshell

Look at Birmingham. They looked doomed and even their own fans were saying they were destined to go down. They looked such an awful side

Bowyer has simply got them playing at a higher energy and with a high pressing game. It's made a world of difference and we can surely emulate that.

High energy. Press, harry and close down.

It's not rocket science.

If we can't do that, Robins has to go.

We need to be sweating blood out there every game. We may have players of lesser quality than almost every other side in the league, but we are capable of working hard. We now have two goalscorers back in the fold.

I dare say, had we had Walker or Godden in earlier, they would have definitely have scored a number of those missed Biamou chances.

What we have are the players and manager going though the motions with the same excuses. Neither manager or players seem to be able to turn this around.

Bowyer is a prime example of a new manager coming in and turning around players going through the motions to competing. We just can’t compete and it’s painful to see.

Are the players not listening to the management?

Is Robins tactically inept at this level?

Are the players just not able to step up to this level?

Lots of questions that need to be addressed at the end of the season but Robins and these players need to dig bloody deep, fight, show passion and keep us in the league somehow.

We will see at the end of the season the direction of travel going forward for a lot of these players and the manager...

shepardo01

Things is though, we are NOT on course to do this!! That is the problem!
Yes, currently we are out of the bottom three. BUT....
We are sinking and both Wycombe and Rotherham have better form than us (though unlikely Wycombe will catch us)
Things carry on like this and we will be relegated.

AFCCOVENTRY

We are sinking and both Wycombe and Rotherham have better form than us (though unlikely Wycombe will catch us)

Rotherham beat Wycombe tomorrow and at least draw with us and they will go above us. (On basis we lose to Bristol and Bournemouth). They will rest their best players for our game and not play them against QPR.

TomRad85

Rotherham beat Wycombe tomorrow and at least draw with us and they will go above us. (On basis we lose to Bristol and Bournemouth). They will rest their best players for our game and not play them against QPR.
If Rotherham draw with us, we get a point too...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

If Rotherham draw with us, we get a point too...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Haha...of course. But it’s all too close for my liking. But if they concentrate on beating Wycombe and then us that’s 6 points for them. Then they have Brum at home.

PVA

Rotherham have 1 point more from their last 6 games than we do.

Yes it's better but it's not like they're winning every other game.

Users who are viewing this thread