Just to get a general feel of things (1 Viewer)

At this moment, do you want Robins sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 186 91.6%

• Total voters

lordy_87

I certainly don't, but a very vocal minority seem to want him gone. Just want to guage the general consensus around here.

Grendel

Better vote yourself then

slyblue57

i ve voted no as its too late to bring in a new manager at this stage
I do think Robins has been very poor this season and have been mystified by some of his selections.
I can nt see anything that suggests he s a Championship manager to be honest.
If we go down I d to looking for him to go.
pusb

samccov1987

He deserves the opportunity to keep us up with the job he’s done. Plus as bad as our recent form has been we’re still out the relegation places.

That said I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned. Formation against teams around us is far too negative and we’re far too reluctant to make changes.

In the past Robbins has moved on deadwood and starters if he thinks he can improve the squad. I’m just not sure we have the financial backing in the Championship to improve things like we did in league one.

We can stay up but I think we need to be realistic and recognise we’re going to struggle at this level for the foreseeable.

Go down and I think we will need a new broom to rebuild.

Reactions: AOM

Liquid Gold

I said no but he’s on ‘prove it’ territory now.

To have two weeks off after two pathetic performances and to use that time to go back to players and a system that have proven to be ineffective is not on.

He needs to show he can do it at this level.

Liquid Gold

He deserves the opportunity to keep us up with the job he’s done. Plus as bad as our recent form has been we’re still out the relegation places.

That said I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned. Formation against teams around us is far too negative and we’re far too reluctant to make changes.

In the past Robbins has moved on deadwood and starters if he thinks he can improve the squad. I’m just not sure we have the financial backing in the Championship to improve things like we did in league one.

We can stay up but I think we need to be realistic and recognise we’re going to struggle at this level for the foreseeable.

Go down and I think we will need a new broom to rebuild.
Robins has been lauded for moving out players who aren’t up to a level. It could be the case now that the board needs to do the same to him.

shepardo01

Voted no.
Regardless, far too late in day to have any effect on players.
Unless there is already a recruitment process going on in the background (which is generally what happens - see Blues/Charlton/Bowyer) - will be 2/3 games of "caretaker" leaving only 4 or so games for "new" manager to have any effect.

skybluetony176

Staying up this season was always going to be a big ask. The fact that we’re not dead and buried already like Wycombe possibly means we’re over performing. I think a minority of fans have lost track of how far we’ve come since he arrived and forgotten how dreadful we were when relegated from the championship. On and off the pitch. Things are a lot more stable if we go down this time. Playing in Coventry is secured, we’re not heading for administration, Fisher is in the background and not promoting division amongst fans etc etc etc.
If we do go down we need a proven manager, we have one. There’s no evidence that he’s lost the dressing room, he seems to be able to squeeze the best out of the owners and the reality is that if we go down we don’t need any of the instability that (for a brief moment under Tony Mowbray aside) led to our further decline. Our longest period of stability and growth in decades has come under Robins. People should remember that before going all mentalist.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Voted no.
Regardless, far too late in day to have any effect on players.
Unless there is already a recruitment process going on in the background (which is generally what happens - see Blues/Charlton/Bowyer) - will be 2/3 games of "caretaker" leaving only 4 or so games for "new" manager to have any effect.

Bloody hell Shep. Say something I disagree with.

Birmingham did it in the nick of time I reckon.

Edit: Don’t get excited CC84. I have never thought, and still don’t think Robins should be sacked.

Gregbant

It does go to show how a tiny minority can have such a powerful voice. I would have thought there would be far more yes votes.
Quite an interesting thing to see Lordy 87👍

Grendel

It does go to show how a tiny minority can have such a powerful voice. I would have thought there would be far more yes votes.
Quite an interesting thing to see Lordy 87👍

Some who’ve said no are hardly giving a ringing endorsement

Paxman II

Utter nonsense to have a thread like this. What are you all going to say after Monday and 3 points with a game in hand on brum and Derby and well clear of Wdnesday and Wycombe?
Robin's has been let down by key injuries, which can't be argued against, and with a squad we knew would be weaker in depth. Around that he has done great. The recent form has been lacking from a number of players who normally would be relied on. Robin's recent tatics and team selections have been on the basis of giving people a chance to stake their claim but they have let him down. he must now accept players like Shipley and Biamou just won't cut it in the championship for us. If there has been a mistake from Robin's it's been his loyalty to a few players. I'm sure now though he and Vivash will not be so accommodating.

Otis

I don't think it IS too late if we were to sack him.

Still enough time for a new manager bounce and all we need to do is to fight tooth and nail like Birmingham have done. It's not that tough a tactic to implement.

cov donkey kick

Voted no.That said he's had his worse season at our club in fact a stinker.
But what he's achieved up to season believe he needs to show he is still not lost the players which I don't think he has.
If after 15 or so games next season and results haven't improved then will be the time for him to go.

cc84cov

I don't think it IS too late if we were to sack him.

Still enough time for a new manager bounce and all we need to do is to fight tooth and nail like Birmingham have done. It's not that tough a tactic to implement.
If we perform how we have been Monday I still don’t see them sacking him m

Gregbant

Utter nonsense to have a thread like this. What are you all going to say after Monday and 3 points with a game in hand on brum and Derby and well clear of Wdnesday and Wycombe?
Robin's has been let down by key injuries, which can't be argued against, and with a squad we knew would be weaker in depth. Around that he has done great. The recent form has been lacking from a number of players who normally would be relied on. Robin's recent tatics and team selections have been on the basis of giving people a chance to stake their claim but they have let him down. he must now accept players like Shipley and Biamou just won't cut it in the championship for us. If there has been a mistake from Robin's it's been his loyalty to a few players. I'm sure now though he and Vivash will not be so accommodating.

This post is good especially when you look at some of the players that are on the bench for other teams. Sometimes it is easy to forget what has been done with our resources a lot of credit should not only go to Robins but the team around him. We lost Godden, Dabo, and Kelly for long periods of time, we have done well to be in with a shout considering.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This post is good especially when you look at some of the players that are on the bench for other teams. Sometimes it is easy to forget what has been done with our resources a lot of credit should not only go to Robins but the team around him. We lost Godden, Dabo, and Kelly for long periods of time, we have done well to be in with a shout considering.
And Rotherham lost half their team to Covid. Right now I’d say they’re in a better position than us.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I want us to stay up, I want Robins to keep us up. Do I think Robins has the ability to keep us up? No - that’s why I want him gone before it’s too late

lordy_87

It's not a nonsense thread I was interested to see what the actual numbers were like in support for Robins at this current moment, as recently there have been some very vocal people wanting Robins out. Of course the situation is fluid and will change after every game I realise that.

chiefdave

What I find odd is that before the season most people seemed to think we'd be doing very well if we avoided relegation. Then after the first couple of games people were talking about us being down by Christmas. Add in that our players are apparently useless, there's been claims several of our squad aren't even good enough to be professional footballers, and wouldn't get near another Championship side and you have to wonder why it seems to have come as a big shock we're in a relegation battle?

If the players are genuinely that bad why is there also a belief that a different manager would have them mid-table?

PVA

I want us to stay up, I want Robins to keep us up. Do I think Robins has the ability to keep us up? No - that’s why I want him gone before it’s too late

So what if Robins is sacked, someone else comes in and doesn't keep us up.

Then we're much worse off because we're relegated and paying off Robins + the new guy. Plus we've lost the man that got us promoted twice in three years.

Users who are viewing this thread