Just to get a general feel of things (1 Viewer)

At this moment, do you want Robins sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 186 91.6%

• Total voters

PVA

What I find odd is that before the season most people seemed to think we'd be doing very well if we avoided relegation. Then after the first couple of games people were talking about us being down by Christmas. Add in that our players are apparently useless, there's been claims several of our squad aren't even good enough to be professional footballers, and wouldn't get near another Championship side and you have to wonder why it seems to have come as a big shock we're in a relegation battle?

If the players are genuinely that bad why is there also a belief that a different manager would have them mid-table?

This is what I don't get.

The people that want Robins sacked are the same people that call every player shit each week.

So they're essentially arguing that Robins is doing a good job 🤣

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So what if Robins is sacked, someone else comes in and doesn't keep us up.

Then we're much worse off because we're relegated and paying off Robins + the new guy. Plus we've lost the man that got us promoted twice in three years.
Robins has a rolling year contract. If a new guy comes in and gets relegated then we’ve got a fresh start, fresh ideas.

is it a gamble? Yes - but we’re gambling on new manager bounce. With Robins we’re progressively getting worse.

football managers have shelf lives, at some point it gets stale. That’s what’s happening now.

what if we get relegated and we start of badly next season? Does Robins still get by on his two promotions?

Tommo1993

Robins has a rolling year contract. If a new guy comes in and gets relegated then we’ve got a fresh start, fresh ideas.

is it a gamble? Yes - but we’re gambling on new manager bounce. With Robins we’re progressively getting worse.

football managers have shelf lives, at some point it gets stale. That’s what’s happening now.

what if we get relegated and we start of badly next season? Does Robins still get by on his two promotions?

Progressively getting worse? Over a few weeks of a season when a squad has hit their ceiling by winning League One? I’m not sure. You can’t just say to players ‘be better’.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Progressively getting worse? Over a few weeks of a season when a squad has hit their ceiling by winning League One? I’m not sure. You can’t just say to players ‘be better’.
No you can’t but you can coach the mistakes out of them, we’re on course to finish below Rotherham - who themselves are a league one side who finished below us. It’s also good that Sheffield Weds have a 6 point deduction.

we have a supposed chanpionship player in James -we’ve been worse since he’s been here. The manager inexplicably left his best goalkeeper on the bench for weeks.

we signed Gyokeres but persisted playing Biamou.

Grendel

Utter nonsense to have a thread like this. What are you all going to say after Monday and 3 points with a game in hand on brum and Derby and well clear of Wdnesday and Wycombe?
Robin's has been let down by key injuries, which can't be argued against, and with a squad we knew would be weaker in depth. Around that he has done great. The recent form has been lacking from a number of players who normally would be relied on. Robin's recent tatics and team selections have been on the basis of giving people a chance to stake their claim but they have let him down. he must now accept players like Shipley and Biamou just won't cut it in the championship for us. If there has been a mistake from Robin's it's been his loyalty to a few players. I'm sure now though he and Vivash will not be so accommodating.

Where did you say we’d finish with this squad at the start of the season?

Tommo1993

No you can’t but you can coach the mistakes out of them, we’re on course to finish below Rotherham - who themselves are a league one side who finished below us. It’s also good that Sheffield Weds have a 6 point deduction.

we have a supposed chanpionship player in James -we’ve been worse since he’s been here. The manager inexplicably left his best goalkeeper on the bench for weeks.

we signed Gyokeres but persisted playing Biamou.

Well I can’t disagree about Matty James.

Grendel

So 12% of fans .

Not alot really

Moving on

It’s a sample of 100 - some of our fans think Hamer is worth £15 million

Marty

I voted no, although for me this season we've been largely poor, I don't buy the over performing stuff as we aren't cut adrift yet. Plenty of games this season we've turned up and given teams too much respect, likes of Derby & Forest we were piss poor. If we got right at them from the start and put them on the back foot, both teams would have caved. They were both in dreadful form, we rock up and match it. I would probably give him until the end of the season and then review it. Probably look elsewhere as I'm not sure he can make the step up.

Grendel

Marty

Many think biamou is a good player

Exactly, many thought Tom Bayliss was the next Steven Gerrard and James Maddison wasn't going to make it in the Championship.

Grendel

Exactly, many thought Tom Bayliss was the next Steven Gerrard and James Maddison wasn't going to make it in the Championship.

Also you get people on here like Tony who could vote but never even sees games

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You keep saying that but based on what?
They have 3 games in hand on us. They’re likely to do what we couldn’t and beat Wycombe tomorrow, and be 1 point behind us. We’ve scored 2 goals in our last 5, they’ve scored 5.

we’ve got to go away to them with the 2nd worst away record in the league. If we lose which I think we will, they’ll go 2 points clear with 2 games in hand.

we hardly look like scoring let alone winning

skybluetony176

Also you get people on here like Tony who could vote but never even sees games
Missed my first game yesterday as I was stuck at work. Other than that you’re 100% wrong. As usual.

Sorry. That’s not quite true. Didn’t see the games on sky sports either. Did listen to them on the radio while doing DIY though.

Tommo1993

Thought all along Rotherham’s schedule won’t tire them, if they win one or two, they’ll get the momentum they need and they’ll ride it and finish with several teams below them.

Won’t be their fault, it’ll be ours.

Frostie

They have 3 games in hand on us. They’re likely to do what we couldn’t and beat Wycombe tomorrow, and be 1 point behind us. We’ve scored 2 goals in our last 5, they’ve scored 5.

we’ve got to go away to them with the 2nd worst away record in the league. If we lose which I think we will, they’ll go 2 points clear with 2 games in hand.

we hardly look like scoring let alone winning

Fair enough & some legit concerns for sure.
We average more PPG than them & every bookie currently has us as more likely to stay up though so to say "we're on course to finish below them" is a bit premature.

Sky Blue Heaven

Out of interest, the people who have voted for MR to be sacked who would your replacement be? This season was always going to be a relegation battle even before injuries to key players.....Godden, Dabo, Kelly etc etc. Yes the manager has made mistakes, but with 8 games to go our destiny is still in our own hands. PUSB

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Out of interest, the people who have voted for MR to be sacked who would your replacement be? This season was always going to be a relegation battle even before injuries to key players.....Godden, Dabo, Kelly etc etc. Yes the manager has made mistakes, but with 8 games to go our destiny is still in our own hands. PUSB
Ryan Lowe

chiefdave

Is there any point just getting rid of just Robins? If you listen to interviews with players, or even the interviews Boddy has done, its very much a team effort and Viveash holds a lot of responsibility.

Not sure its practical to replace the whole backroom setup with a month of the season left, and if we're not doing that is changing just Robins going to have much impact?

Grendel

Is there any point just getting rid of just Robins? If you listen to interviews with players, or even the interviews Boddy has done, its very much a team effort and Viveash holds a lot of responsibility.

Not sure its practical to replace the whole backroom setup with a month of the season left, and if we're not doing that is changing just Robins going to have much impact?

I would assume Bowyer has just come alone? Don’t know but I assume so?

also Viveash is probably the immediate replacement

no_loyalty

I would assume Bowyer has just come alone? Don’t know but I assume so

Yes he has for the time being, he wanted to bring his assistant Johnnie Jackson with him, but he stayed at Charlton as the caretaker manager.

Tommo1993

In 3 seasons Ryan Lowe has had 2 promotions, and has safely kept Plymouth up in league one. He probably has one of the 4 lowest wage budgets in league one.

plays passing football and more importantly adapts to the situation. Plays 3-4-1-2 mostly which suits our players

Robins won 2 promotions in 3 seasons, we are 22nd in the wage table, £4m behind 21st, £9m behind 20th.

Plymouth are 18th in the market table in L1, a much closer league, and sit 14th.

The comparison is weak. Ryan Lowe, pfft.

How do we attract better players in a stupid money league when others have much better to offer? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe all could only afford to bring a butter knife to a gun fight.

Jagmannn

Sack him ......lets take the chance ...if we stay up ...good choice,.... if we go down - stupid decision....

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Robins won 2 promotions in 3 seasons, we are 22nd in the wage table, £4m behind 21st, £9m behind 20th.

Plymouth are 18th in the market table in L1, a much closer league, and sit 14th.

The comparison is weak. Ryan Lowe, pfft.

How do we attract better players in a stupid money league when others have much better to offer? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe all could only afford to bring a butter knife to a gun fight.
He’s an up and coming manager, that plays to our philopsophies.

the bare minimum we should expect is to finish above Rotherham, Wycombe and Sheffield Weds. they had a point deduction.

I was asked for an alternative. I’ve picked a manager that had a ideal to play attacking football, not shit your bed defend a 0-0 at home to bottom of the league Wycombe.

I’ve also pointed out managers who have done well at this level, including keeping clubs up but Mark Robins is deemed better, when in reality he isn’t

our players need a kick up the arse and a fresh outlook. Not a manager belittling them and making them feel like they won a raffle to be in this league

Users who are viewing this thread