JS at Ryton yesterday (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

New ground six miles from Coventry? That sounds convenient to get to.

matesx

but thats the point! we dont have a ground.

we need to OWN a stadium to compete

Matty_CCFC

Would all fit in with comments on here about some members of the SCG meeting her to discuss our situation.
Just hope those who met her but over the whole story and was not just made up of those who go to Sixfields?

Stafford_SkBlue

I support the policy of obtaining our own stadium in the long term.
Ccc will never hand over control of the ricoh.
We going through the pain before the gain.

Sky Blue Sheepy

We do need our own stadium, agreed. I still think they intend to get shot of us but need a stadium to make a decent return. Building a new stadium would surely cost similar if not more than they would get back. Still not convinced theres one in the works

kingharvest

I met her, just trying to find the time to write up the report but snowed under with work. I'd pushed to get a meeting with her for a while, and whilst i've been to sixfields twice (last two games) Tim Fisher thought i was still staying away when he asked me to meet her.

I'll do my best to get something on here today - I made sure she was aware of the fans views on playing in Northampton, but to be fair, she's fully aware of what's going on.

As with everything else i report back, i'll try and keep it to the facts and let you all form your opinions. What i will say, is that she came across very well. If the meeting was happening just after SISU had bought the club, i'd be feeling really positive about the future. I know that doesn't quite compute given where we are right now, but she's very positive and has a long term vision following 'transformational' changes that had to happen so that the club could regain control of its future. I can also back up that story that we were on the precipice of not existing before the first game of the season.

I think 2 other fans met her as well. hopefully its the start of further engagement - it felt like it was so fingers crossed.

bigfatronssba

We dont need to own a ground, we need to own income streams.

olderskyblue

Ms Seppala was the least satisfactory of all the witnesses. In making my general comments above, I said that no-one was deliberately lying. But I fear Ms Seppala has a distorted recollection of some events – particularly about what happened at the meetings in New York in January 2005 – and, with the benefit of hindsight, has introduced a "spin" (I am sorry not to be able to find a better word) which suits the Applicants' case. She is also prone to exaggerate

The trouble is, i find it difficult to get past what a High Court Judge said about her, hence anything she says, I will question her honesty.

eg "we came within 15 mins of not existing the day before the 1st game, such was the deal the Football League gave the club" I read this as the football league didn't cave in to our demands until late in the day.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

but thats the point! we dont have a ground.

we need to OWN a stadium to compete

Nope. As discussed on a separate thread yesterday; the football club doesn't need the freehold. A long leasehold with low rents and access to revenues is just fine.

SISU need the freehold for very, very different, and non-footballing reasons

simple_simon

Thanks for feedback Kingharvest but can I ask why she only met a few fans who go into Sixfields and not any of the vast majority of those fans who will never go. Looks to me that she just wanted to hear the good things from those who have given in to her Bully Boy puppet Fisher.

We are finished as a club if they ever own the Ricoh, we would be back to square one with high rent, they do not care about us, she does not even care about the few who go to games.

Sometimes I feel like giving up my support but not going to walk away without a fight, banning orders do not matter anymore.

Sorry Rant over.

NorthernWisdom

If the meeting was happening just after SISU had bought the club, i'd be feeling really positive about the future. I know that doesn't quite compute given where we are right now, but she's very positive and has a long term vision following 'transformational' changes that had to happen so that the club could regain control of its future.

If so it makes you wonder why the hell she stays in the background so much, as surely she'd be their best PR tool!

SISU need the freehold for very, very different, and non-footballing reasons

This.

Les Reid seems to advocate giving SISU what they want but they've given nobody any reason to trust them. What if they sell the Ricoh on to make a quick buck and we end up homeless again only this time with a landlord that doesnt want a football club as a tenant?

The Council have a duty to protect the Ricoh.

NorthernWisdom

This.
What if they sell the Ricoh on to make a quick buck and we end up homeless again only this time with a landlord that doesnt want a football club as a tenant?

If you accept that the club has been withdrawn so as to make the Ricoh unviable, and thus be picked up cheaply so it can be sold on to make a quick buck, why would any future owner not want a football club as tenant?

It either works now without a football club, in which case it won't be sold cheap now regardless, or it doesn't - in which case the football club is integral to its existence.

TurkeyTrot

Thanks for feedback Kingharvest but can I ask why she only met a few fans who go into Sixfields and not any of the vast majority of those fans who will never go. Looks to me that she just wanted to hear the good things from those who have given in to her Bully Boy puppet Fisher.

We are finished as a club if they ever own the Ricoh, we would be back to square one with high rent, they do not care about us, she does not even care about the few who go to games.

Sometimes I feel like giving up my support but not going to walk away without a fight, banning orders do not matter anymore.

Sorry Rant over.

Banning orders do matter, I'm sure you were supporting Coventry City a long time before she even knew we existed. More and more fans are getting disillusioned with the situation and we need to make our feelings know but it has to be done right so no individual is singled out.

fernandopartridge

This.

Les Reid seems to advocate giving SISU what they want but they've given nobody any reason to trust them. What if they sell the Ricoh on to make a quick buck and we end up homeless again only this time with a landlord that doesnt want a football club as a tenant?

The Council have a duty to protect the Ricoh.

Who are they going to sell it to?

If you accept that the club has been withdrawn so as to make the Ricoh unviable, and thus be picked up cheaply so it can be sold on to make a quick buck, why would any future owner not want a football club as tenant?

It either works now without a football club, in which case it won't be sold cheap now regardless, or it doesn't - in which case the football club is integral to its existence.

Point is anything can happen, the Council simply cannot take that chance. Certainly not with a firm that has tried to defraud them.

NorthernWisdom

Point is anything can happen

Anything can happen, including the club being strengthened from the foubndations up.

That's 'anything' as opposed to a one-sided view where the club don't want the club in the ground, but withdraw the club to decrease the price, while selling it on at profit without the club.

All this makes no logical sense! The stadium either has value without the club, in which case there's no pressure to sell... or it doesn't have value without the club, in which case there's no sense to withdraw the club on a sale either.

There's plenty to beat SISU with, but at least show logic and not conspiracy. They do, after all, show good business sense, no? ;)

Anything can happen, including the club being strengthened from the foubndations up.

That's 'anything' as opposed to a one-sided view where the club don't want the club in the ground, but withdraw the club to decrease the price, while selling it on at profit without the club.

All this makes no logical sense! The stadium either has value without the club, in which case there's no pressure to sell... or it doesn't have value without the club, in which case there's no sense to withdraw the club on a sale either.

There's plenty to beat SISU with, but at least show logic and not conspiracy. They do, after all, show good business sense, no? ;)

"The stadium either has value without the club, in which case there's no pressure to sell"

They surely want to get out of this mess with any returns they can now no? That's good business sense after all.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I welcome the fact that Seppala is prepared to talk to some fans at least.

Just one question, having paid out £1.5m to acquire the rights to any assets in CCFC Ltd (would that also include the right to be awarded the share), provided bonds, proof of funding, promises to build stadium, detailed business plans, having worked closely with the FL etc, and given the FL priority was to ensure the club continued and fixtures fulfilled (per Greg Clarke), just how did we get within 15 minutes of the abyss ?

Can just image the court cases if the FL had refused to let CCFC play..............

NorthernWisdom

Just one question, having paid out £1.5m to acquire the rights to any assets in CCFC Ltd (would that also include the right to be awarded the share), provided bonds, proof of funding, promises to build stadium, detailed business plans, having worked closely with the FL etc, and given the FL priority was to ensure the club continued and fixtures fulfilled (per Greg Clarke), just how did we get within 15 minutes of the abyss ?

The clock is ticking ;)

skybluebal

JS is going to tell you what you want to hear in a way that commits her to nothing but makes you believe in her. Spin is an integral part in winning over people, just look at the politicians and their behaviour, so take everything with a pinch of salt.

I think we have all been around the same loop many times on this board. SISU/AVRO (=OTIUM) will not put together a 'fair' package to buy the Ricoh because that wold not be what they want to achieve - buy a distressed business at a knock-down price; asset strip and make it look attractive enough to sell off, especially the land around the Ricoh. Financially, the land is the most valuable commodity here, more so than the football club, thats what Hedge Funds do- they hedge their bets!

Neither CCC or SISU/AVRO brinkmanship worked - so the consequence is that everyone has lost out. The brinkmanship is continuing on both sides:
- What sense is there in building a new stadium
- What sense is there in moving the team to Northampton
- What sense is there in alienating 80% of your customer base
- What sense is there in losing 80% of your revenue
- Can the Arena be really viable without the club
- What sense is there in suing Northampton Town FC
- What sense is there in not accepting the CVA

If the egos can be put aside and the SBT initiative brings them back to the table (yet to be seen) then there is still "hope". Both parties need to save face, the only way to do that is to meet and agree how they both can do that. But will egos get in the way?

I don't live in Coventry now, but still love the place and the team. However, everyone should also remember that the City is over 1.000 years old, it has survived much worse than SISU/AVRO, the Council=people and the people and their descendants will be here long after SISU/AVRO have sold up and left! It should be the Every Coventarian's objective to establish a strong base for the future of the generations to come.

Sorry, maybe a bit of track for this thread, but I feel better now :)

valiant15

Im sorry but a meeting between septic and a few sixfield yes men can hardly be taken seriously.

How can these people possibly put the majorities point of view across when they don't share it?

Pointless meeting.

Nonleagueherewecome

I met her, just trying to find the time to write up the report but snowed under with work. I'd pushed to get a meeting with her for a while, and whilst i've been to sixfields twice (last two games) Tim Fisher thought i was still staying away when he asked me to meet her.

I'll do my best to get something on here today - I made sure she was aware of the fans views on playing in Northampton, but to be fair, she's fully aware of what's going on.

As with everything else i report back, i'll try and keep it to the facts and let you all form your opinions. What i will say, is that she came across very well. If the meeting was happening just after SISU had bought the club, i'd be feeling really positive about the future. I know that doesn't quite compute given where we are right now, but she's very positive and has a long term vision following 'transformational' changes that had to happen so that the club could regain control of its future. I can also back up that story that we were on the precipice of not existing before the first game of the season.

I think 2 other fans met her as well. hopefully its the start of further engagement - it felt like it was so fingers crossed.

Must try harder. D-.

The article is worse though...you wouldn't think that somebody who can't string a sentence together is the best person to be writing for a website.

Nonleagueherewecome

Would all fit in with comments on here about some members of the SCG meeting her to discuss our situation.
Just hope those who met her but over the whole story and was not just made up of those who go to Sixfields?

Well Joy thought that some of the people who do go to Sixfields were people who don't go to Sixfields...does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread