JS at Ryton yesterday (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

So how are you committed to the cause then? Been to Sixfields? Stood outside the offices in Mayfair? Stood on the hill? I'll admit my only "commitment" to the cause is missing out for the first time in 41 years. Now, what's yours? Do tell.

He's been setting up a windsock in his back garden so he'll know as soon as the wind changes direction.

So how are you committed to the cause then? Been to Sixfields? Stood outside the offices in Mayfair? Stood on the hill? I'll admit my only "commitment" to the cause is missing out for the first time in 41 years. Now, what's yours? Do tell.

Not been able to join the Hillers yet if I'm honest. I will be there for the Sheff Utd game though.

I've done as much as I can regarding writing letters, trying to increase media awareness etc.

I'm also the proud owner of a big SISU OUT banner which I've carried to many a game and protest since "the wind changed direction".

This isn't a competition of course; but I won't have others who have managed to make more of an effort than me mocked by sad trolls who can't be arsed and would rather score points on an Internet forum.

Nonleagueherewecome

Probably right. Best stick to standing outside an empty office with a Muppet banner. That'll show 'em!

Protesting outside their offices-which probably involves people taking time off work, paying to get down there, etc-takes a lot more effort than JS patronising a bunch of fans, some of whom have been vindicating her relocation of the club by continuing to attend at Sixfields regardless of their supposed objection.

I would have thought that you'd believe in protesting against things that you feel passionately about?

torchomatic

I'm sure it does. I'm not questioning their commitment, just the impact of standing outside an empty office.

Protesting outside their offices-which probably involves people taking time off work, paying to get down there, etc-takes a lot more effort than JS patronising a bunch of fans, some of whom have been vindicating her relocation of the club by continuing to attend at Sixfields regardless of their supposed objection.

I would have thought that you'd believe in protesting against things that you feel passionately about?

covmark

Not been able to join the Hillers yet if I'm honest. I will be there for the Sheff Utd game though.

I've done as much as I can regarding writing letters, trying to increase media awareness etc.

I'm also the proud owner of a big SISU OUT banner which I've carried to many a game and protest since "the wind changed direction".

This isn't a competition of course; but I won't have others who have managed to make more of an effort than me mocked by sad trolls who can't be arsed and would rather score points on an Internet forum.
surely it was you mocking torch and his "chums" earlier in the thread. Surely you coming onto this forum and announcing the letter writing etc, is wanting to score points and gain some form of sad acceptance from other posters on here. Therefore your above post is a little rich to say the least

torchomatic

Thanks for that Mr Point Scorer. You win. I hang my head in shame.

If you can be arsed to go back a few pages you'll notice I was responding to this:

Probably right. Best stick to standing outside an empty office with a Muppet banner. That'll show 'em!

No my letter writing was aimed at something far more important - returning our club to the city it belongs in and a change of ownership. What some sad twat under the guise of an acronym thinks is irrelevant.

torchomatic

Do you know what an acronym is?

And, do I think that a meeting with one of the people who CAN change things is potentially going to be more fruitful than standing outside an empty office? Yes, I do.

If you can be arsed to go back a few pages you'll notice I was responding to this:

No my letter writing was aimed at something far more important - returning our club to the city it belongs in and a change of ownership. What some sad twat under the guise of an acronym thinks is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Do you know what an acronym is?

And, do I think that a meeting with one of the people who CAN change things is potentially going to be more fruitful than standing outside an empty office? Yes, I do.

I meant pseudonym of course.

So you don't think mass protests, lobbying the Council, increasing media attention etc has any affect at all? Interesting.

torchomatic

No, I don't. For a start, who is lobbying the Council? Where is the increased media attention? Only ACL and SISU can sort this out.

So you don't think mass protests, lobbying the Council, increasing media attention etc has any affect at all? Interesting.

torchomatic

torchomatic

He's right. I was having a pop. That was before I found out he was writing letters and that. I'm not going to do that again, no sir.

You're a bit special aren't you? Because he was having a pop at people on the hill "with the Muppet banner"? Catch up.

stupot07

Didn't make the Lib Dems do a u-turn on tuition fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

matesx

what if a "correct rent" or "agreeable revenue streams" arent available?

what then?

Actually, I think it's a positive that she has met some fans. It's more than KCiC has achieved. What have they done? Stood on a hill. Stood outside empty offices. Made banners with Joy and Tim as muppets. That's definitely not going to help us get back.

Will the meeting achieve anything? Maybe, maybe not, but at least the effort has been made on both sides, which is certainly a step forward. Congrats to them, I say. KCiC now need to show some professionalism if they want to help us get back to the Ricoh.

Interesting, when it was getting good publicity, it was the SBT that was arranging it, now it hasn't worked, its the KCIC campaign! Cannot have it both ways - The only successful protest was supposedly KCIC not the trust! Which is it guys? Cannot criticise JS over PR when the trust is trying the exact same thing!

Astute

Maybe it is something to do with you constantly having a go at people for doing whatever they think is best whilst you are doing enough yourself by not going to games. And do you think that the people you constantly have a go at are abstaining from the so called home games as well?

torchomatic

No, they're watching from the hill.

Maybe it is something to do with you constantly having a go at people for doing whatever they think is best whilst you are doing enough yourself by not going to games. And do you think that the people you constantly have a go at are abstaining from the so called home games as well?

torchomatic

Not at all. Where did I say I was "better"? I think you shulld quote that as I can't remember saying it.

So you are better than those on the hill as they are watching most of the games?

Grendel

So you are better than those on the hill as they are watching most of the games?

I think the people standing on the hill are the ones claiming to be "doing something" - which of course they are - watching the game at Northampton for free.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I think the people standing on the hill are the ones claiming to be "doing something" - which of course they are - watching the game at Northampton for free.

Not factually incorrect...but so cynical.
I havent done so yet.. maybe one day I might..... if I do it won't be because I want to, like those that do so now... they'd much sooner be paying to watch the game properly at the Ricoh-in Coventry, suggestions to the contrary are absolutley ludicrous Grendel and without foundation and you know it.

NorthernWisdom

Ye-es, I have to admit a windswept hill seeing half a game at a distance wouldn't be my first choice of a fun day out for free...

Would be better off popping round the Transport Museum if you wanted a free day out.

Astute

So some standing on the hill are claiming to be doing something?

Well they are doing something. They could be sitting on their arses like the vast majority and doing nothing. It doesn't mean they are doing anything to help us getting back in Coventry. But at least they are trying something. At the very least they are helping to keep our plight in the spotlight. Yet a few seem to think it is OK to have a go at people that are trying to help our cause.

Or do you think the best thing for us to do is not do anything other than to not go to 'home' games and everything will be OK?

torchomatic

So, the 9000 not attending Sixfields are sitting on their arses and doing nothing? I wonder if SISU think that a drop in attendance of 90% is nothing?

So some standing on the hill are claiming to be doing something?

Well they are doing something. They could be sitting on their arses like the vast majority and doing nothing. It doesn't mean they are doing anything to help us getting back in Coventry. But at least they are trying something. At the very least they are helping to keep our plight in the spotlight. Yet a few seem to think it is OK to have a go at people that are trying to help our cause.

Or do you think the best thing for us to do is not do anything other than to not go to 'home' games and everything will be OK?

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I can disagree with the method, not think it helps... but to have a go at the people serves no more purpose than having a go at those who go to Sixfields, or those who NOPM, or those who take up aardvark racing instead.

Users who are viewing this thread