JS at Ryton yesterday (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

Must try harder. D-.

The article is worse though...you wouldn't think that somebody who can't string a sentence together is the best person to be writing for a website.

hah - i did say i'll try and keep it to to the facts...By the way that's not me writing on that website, could be one of the other fans she met, i don't know.

When i was invited to meet her Tim Fisher had no idea i'd been to sixfields. I share the same views as probably everyone in that i want us back in Coventry asap. The only difference is i've gone to sixfields and others haven't. No point going round these circles again though, that would be a waste of time valiant15.

As OSB said, at least she's met people. I think she probably would be the best PR machine they have, if she would just step out of the shadows.

skybluebal

hah - i did say i'll try and keep it to to the facts...By the way that's not me writing on that website, could be one of the other fans she met, i don't know.

When i was invited to meet her Tim Fisher had no idea i'd been to sixfields. I share the same views as probably everyone in that i want us back in Coventry asap. The only difference is i've gone to sixfields and others haven't. No point going round these circles again though, that would be a waste of time valiant15.

As OSB said, at least she's met people. I think she probably would be the best PR machine they have, if she would just step out of the shadows.

Thats exactly the point - a "PR machine"

torchomatic

Actually, I think it's a positive that she has met some fans. It's more than KCiC has achieved. What have they done? Stood on a hill. Stood outside empty offices. Made banners with Joy and Tim as muppets. That's definitely not going to help us get back.

Will the meeting achieve anything? Maybe, maybe not, but at least the effort has been made on both sides, which is certainly a step forward. Congrats to them, I say. KCiC now need to show some professionalism if they want to help us get back to the Ricoh.

Im sorry but a meeting between septic and a few sixfield yes men can hardly be taken seriously.

How can these people possibly put the majorities point of view across when they don't share it?

Pointless meeting.

NorthernWisdom

Thats exactly the point - a "PR machine"

Unfortunately it's all about the PR though.

It's the thing they've stuffed up most since being here, there's been the deathly silence, with occasional quotes about debt free, moving on, turkeys and eagles.

If they have a genuine vision, and one that can be believed in, then it helps to communicate it. At the moment much of the upset is as much because people aren't sure what the Endgame is, as much as the actions taken. If there was an Endgame that was communicated to us, and we could see actually happening, it'd be a lot easier to support the move elsewhere.

Without that, how on earth is it possible to even begin to say this should be done?!?

In the meantime, their 'rivals' talk of making business decisions for the benefit of fans, engage a PR company at huge cost, and win hearts and minds.

it's not necessarily nice and pleasant, and in an ideal world spades should be called spades, but it's putting them at a serious disadvantage in keeping fans onside when no bugger really has a clue what the point of all this is.

And then the conspiracies get bigger and bigger...

Nonleagueherewecome

Actually, I think it's a positive that she has met some fans. It's more than KCiC has achieved. What have they done? Stood on a hill. Stood outside empty offices. Made banners with Joy and Tim as muppets. That's definitely not going to help us get back.

Will the meeting achieve anything? Maybe, maybe not, but at least the effort has been made on both sides, which is certainly a step forward. Congrats to them, I say. KCiC now need to show some professionalism if they want to help us get back to the Ricoh.

There was about as much effort required by JS as it takes to roll over and fart in bed. Probably produce a similar result, too.

Nonleagueherewecome

Probably will.

Probably won't do anything.

But in a situation where nothing will ever get better if nobody talks, think of it as the first step in marriage guidance, that at least they've faced up to the fact there's a problem.

Ooh, that's cheered me up: doesn't marriage guidance usually end in divorce? :D

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is a definite PR campaign being orchestrated by TF etc in my opinion. Understandable and quite legitimate tactic. The questions I have are..... is that all there is? Has it come down to rousing public opinion to their cause in order to meet their objectives? :thinking about:If it is all now down to public opinion being changed what does that say about the positions of the sides in this dispute? If it is a PR campaign whats the purpose if they are not interested (allegedly) in the Ricoh - why bother why not not just get on with their alternative plan?

fernandopartridge

So after months of "Where's Joy?" and the applauding attempts to engage with her by groups of blokes standing outside SISU's offices in Mayfair, there was no point in meeting with her after all as she'll only tell you what you want to hear.

I thought I was cynical.

fernandopartridge

There is a definite PR campaign being orchestrated by TF etc in my opinion. Understandable and quite legitimate tactic. The questions I have are..... is that all there is? Has it come down to rousing public opinion to their cause in order to meet their objectives? :thinking about:If it is all now down to public opinion being changed what does that say about the positions of the sides in this dispute? If it is a PR campaign whats the purpose if they are not interested (allegedly) in the Ricoh - why bother why not not just get on with their alternative plan?

They need support to carry out either plan though, don't they?

MichaelCCFC

Ooh, that's cheered me up: doesn't marriage guidance usually end in divorce? :D

Seppala doesn't like attention so when sisu/fisher are quiet it means they are happy with how things are - when they do pr stuff it shows they are under pressure/not happy etc. JS does of course have the chance to engage with more fans tomorrow as per this kcic Press Release

Game up for secretive Seppala's Mayfair hedgie?

Under pressure Hedge Fund Sisu Capital boss Joy Seppala, will again be the focus of protests by angry football fans at her London office (W1K 6PL, Wednesday 25 September 4pm-6pm). Questions are mounting about Seppala's judgement in buying failing football club Coventry City, the level of losses she is accruing and apparent lack of strategy. Notoriously reclusive Seppala – there is no known publicly available photograph of her in existence - will not have been pleased to see her name appearing in a recent issue of Private Eye. The magazine claimed investors in the SISU-managed ARVO Master Fund will "not have been impressed by the history of the Coventry City investment". Nor will she be pleased with a raft of recent Parliamentary Early Day Motions raising questions about the involvement of several individuals and parties in the Coventry City affair including auditors BDO, Paul Appleton of David Rubin & Partners and Adam Bradley of Taylor Vinters, along with Seppala and her right hand man, Tim Fisher. Seppala has previously been described by a High Court Judge, in finding against SISU in a bitter and long-running battle with KPMG, as having "a distorted recollection of some events" and being "prone to exaggerate". One Parliamentary motion has gone so far as to question "how assets assigned to CCFC Ltd were transferred elsewhere" and "whether there has been a conspiracy to defraud".

But it is the lack of strategy for stemming and recouping losses that will be most troubling for investors. Seppala has a reputation for playing hardball in the distressed-debt market so tactics such as simply stopping paying rent to Arena Coventry Limited, owners of the Ricoh Arena where Coventry City formerly played home games, and relocating the team to Northampton may be seen as par for the course. But with a fans' boycott of Northampton meaning attendances are at a record low, cash losses for SISU grow week on week. SISU even talked of building a new football stadium but with repeated statements about identifying suitable sites yielding neither a land purchase nor planning application, many fans are openly ridiculing this. There is speculation that distressing ACL may have been an option but this seems unlikely given that Coventry City Council has bought out ACL's mortgage - SISU unsuccessfully sought a Judicial Review of the Council's action although the outcome of a subsequent appeal by SISU is awaited. With Seppala's expertise in the distressed-debt market she may have a very different goal in sight but with allegations such as "conspiracy to defraud" being made, scrutiny of Seppala is intensifying. Many are puzzled as to why when a number of consortia are keen to purchase Coventry, she does not save further losses and agree a sale. Some fans even point out that with supporter-led ownership models becoming increasingly common, options are available for Seppala to recapture some of SISU's reputational losses by selling to a supporter-led consortium while exploring recouping losses against future profitability of Coventry City.

Fans from the Keep Cov in Cov campaign group have previously invited Seppala to join them for a pint at a neighbouring pub and this time will be setting up a table and chairs to offer a rather more genteel ‘Mayfair Afternoon Tea’ including a chair reserved for the SISU boss. Whether Seppala continues to ignore campaigners’ requests for her to engage in talks remains to be seen. She has previously stated that: “I’m not one for publicity and I do not care what people — beyond my investors and my family — think of me”. Given the anger of Coventry City fans that is perhaps no bad thing, but with the American-Finn increasingly in the public eye and her judgement and the modus operandi of herself and others being questioned, what her investors think is likely to be a growing concern.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just asking questions chaps...... and yes i would expect PR for plan B - have no problem with that at all ............. just that all along in this dispute when SISU/TF has said or done something it usually has meant something important is happening elsewhere they dont want us to see for now ........

It's the thing they've stuffed up most since being here, there's been the deathly silence, with occasional quotes about debt free, moving on, turkeys and eagles.

If they have a genuine vision, and one that can be believed in, then it helps to communicate it. At the moment much of the upset is as much because people aren't sure what the Endgame is, as much as the actions taken. If there was an Endgame that was communicated to us, and we could see actually happening, it'd be a lot easier to support the move elsewhere.

Without that, how on earth is it possible to even begin to say this should be done?!?

In the meantime, their 'rivals' talk of making business decisions for the benefit of fans, engage a PR company at huge cost, and win hearts and minds.

it's not necessarily nice and pleasant, and in an ideal world spades should be called spades, but it's putting them at a serious disadvantage in keeping fans onside when no bugger really has a clue what the point of all this is.

I completely agree with this.

But by the same token, the very fact they havent revealed their end game and are producing nothing but spin brings distrust.

NorthernWisdom

just asking questions chaps...... and yes i would expect PR for plan B - have no problem with that at all ............. just that all along in this dispute when SISU/TF has said or done something it usually has meant something important is happening elsewhere they dont want us to see for now ........

Well it probably is worth making the point (as has been made elsewhere ;) ) that she probably didn't come to Ryton just to see a couple of youth team players, and 4 fans... so something must be afoot, one way or another.

Not like she could even pop down the Bull & Butcher for a pint, and not convinced she's in the market for a second hand motor.

skybluebal

Agree with the sentiment and it would be great if they engaged more effectively - so why don't they?

NorthernWisdom

But by the same token, the very fact they havent revealed their end game and are producing nothing but spin brings distrust.

I make no bones about it, the day I see the first brick being laid on a site for a new ground, the easier I'd find it to go to Northampton and support the team.

Likewise, reassurances about why owning the Ricoh is vital, and I could find it a lot easier.

At the moment... silence.

So the worst that could happen is what's landed on to rationalise it. And, to an extent, why not? As there's nothing coming out to say that's wrong...

NorthernWisdom

Agree with the sentiment and it would be great if they engaged more effectively - so why don't they?

I suspect the prosaic answer is it's never been necessary for their core business, so it's not on their radar about what they do!

The downside is of course that their core business is making money, and to an extent they probably deserve a certain respect for not bothering with the false platitudes about the club for the fans, part of the community etc...

But there *are* ways interests of owners and club and fans can intersect, and it'd be highly useful (to them!) if they started communicating them! in its own way it's one of the more baffling cases against them, that they never realised that if the initial plan of spunk a bit of cash at the team and hope for promotion didn't work, they'd need to keep the fans onside!

I make no bones about it, the day I see the first brick being laid on a site for a new ground, the easier I'd find it to go to Northampton and support the team.

Likewise, reassurances about why owning the Ricoh is vital, and I could find it a lot easier.

At the moment... silence.

So the worst that could happen is what's landed on to rationalise it. And, to an extent, why not? As there's nothing coming out to say that's wrong...

I understand where you're coming from but "what's the worst that can happen?" was the rationale behind their takeover wasn't it?

torchomatic

Probably right. Best stick to standing outside an empty office with a Muppet banner. That'll show 'em!

There was about as much effort required by JS as it takes to roll over and fart in bed. Probably produce a similar result, too.

torchomatic

I, and 9000 others have not been turning up for matches. That's a pretty big deal for a lot of people.

And exactly what have you been doing? You were right up there backsides until reality kicked in.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think we can expect the SISU PR to be ramped up in the coming weeks.

Any bets that we get another Les Reid exclusive by the end of the week? "my chat with Joy" perhaps?

Wonder what his conclusion will say? :thinking about:

covmark

Like a few of his chums on here he'd rather not commit himself for fear of losing face. Pathetic really.
I think boycotting all games after so many years of watching the team is rather committed don't you think. It isnt pathetic to not want to stand on a hill munching cocktail sausages whilst watching half a match in some half arsed protest

Hobo

Sorry - which side are you talking about here?

I think there is only one side who own the club and therefore only one side who can communicate with fans and sell their vision to them. Northern Wisdom is right, the lack of communication from them has built up a lot of mistrust. It's about time our owners grew up and took responsibility for themselves and the reputation they have created.

If they had sold the new stadium idea better perhaps more would be going to Northampton. It's SISU keeping them away not ACL.

Philosorapter

I think Private Eye has nailed it on the head. Fisher should just be left alone as just the barrow boy. The prize to return Coventry City to Coventry is to get the investors on side, whoever they may be.

Grendel

Like a few of his chums on here he'd rather not commit himself for fear of losing face. Pathetic really.

So not attending games free hardly missing one since 1972 is not a sign of commitment but standing on a hill to watch a game is? Yeah sure.

torchomatic

So how are you committed to the cause then? Been to Sixfields? Stood outside the offices in Mayfair? Stood on the hill? I'll admit my only "commitment" to the cause is missing out for the first time in 41 years. Now, what's yours? Do tell.

Users who are viewing this thread