Transfer Rumour Jonathan Panzo (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

There is not a chance we would get him for as low as £1.5m

There's a lot of far worse players who have gone for far more in the Championship.

With only 12 months left on his contract I think £1.5m sounds about right to be honest. £2m would be at a very max. He couldn’t get a game in the side and from memory they only signed him for about £1m max so they’d still be making a profit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

With only 12 months left on his contract I think £1.5m sounds about right to be honest. £2m would be at a very max. He couldn’t get a game in the side and from memory they only signed him for about £1m max so they’d still be making a profit

Not a chance he would go for that low.

BigadamL

So what we are saying is that Coventry City are after a world cup winning defender from the continent?

Sounds bloody good doesn't it!

My only concern is that we don't normally hear about who we are after until the deal is done so I'm not pinning my hopes up about this one

mr_monkey

So what we are saying is that Coventry City are after a world cup winning defender from the continent?

My only concern is that we don't normally hear about who we are after until the deal is done so I'm not pinning my hopes up about this one

Apart from hamer and dacosta ;)

robbiethemole

Shipley is alot more versatile than westbrooke imo, we could start loaning some players to less well off clubs like sunderland for example... Give back to the football community
giphy.gif

WTF??? I'd loan players to everybody EXCEPT them!! Fuck 'em they wanted us to go bust let's see how they ride out the shitstorm of covid with all their highly paid losers. They should be pissing this League don'tcha know, marra

SeaSeeEffCee

Worth bearing in mind that the source did say that Monaco haven’t even made their minds up on his future yet. Unlikely that his agent would use us just to try and drum up interest (I imagine that was what the links to AC Milan were), but filing this one under wait and see.

shmmeee

We don’t normally, but this summer we’ve heard of three of our four signings ahead of time.

Why yes that is a straw I’m holding, would you like to grasp too?

mark82

We don’t normally, but this summer we’ve heard of three of our four signings ahead of time.

Would say it's very much because we're in a higher division now with more media scrutiny.

cc84cov

For players like Walsh it’s not just the fee and wages it’s signing on fees also he’s well out of our market now

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm not falling for that trick again!

Skybluedownunder

Shame this one has all gone quiet, got excited at the prospect of this one. Has anybody heard anything more or has the Monaco manager being sacked meant it’s off the cards?

Skybluedownunder

shmmeee

Rumour was just we’d made enquiries wasn’t it? Maybe the answer was way out of our league. Seem to have moved on to this Wolves lad and Sheaf.

SlowerThanPlatt

There does seem to be an awful lot of players being sold the “European dream” and barely getting a look in, as in England you’re only getting an opportunity at a decent club if you’re an elite talent. Ampadu is another who’s played 3 games for Leipzig

KenilworthSkyBlue

There does seem to be an awful lot of players being sold the “European dream” and barely getting a look in, as in England you’re only getting an opportunity at a decent club if you’re an elite talent. Ampadu is another who’s played 3 games for Leipzig

Agree with this. I think there's an element of players being sold the dream and it being painted out that they'll become a guaranteed star if they come to Europe. The Jando Sancho scenario is clearly being milked to the max to sell this. There also seems to be a misconception, especially from Premier League youngsters, that they're guaranteed to jump straight into the starting line-up upon arrival - which I think was the case with Lookman whose career seems to have stalled at RB Leipzig.

But at the same time like you said it's no secret that their opportunities are limited in the Premier League for youth players so it's understandable that they may want to seek first team football elsewhere. It's a bit of a catch-22.

Users who are viewing this thread