Transfer Rumour Jonathan Panzo (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Mental that. Zains been excellent and I’d have thought even if not near the side this season would be instrumental should we go back down (and likely lose the foreign stars and O’Hare). I’d have kept him hanging in maybe with a paying loan to keep him ticking over.

covcity4life

Mental that. Zains been excellent and I’d have thought even if not near the side this season would be instrumental should we go back down (and likely lose the foreign stars and O’Hare). I’d have kept him hanging in maybe with a paying loan to keep him ticking over.
What's mental?

Skybluedownunder

I love westbrook his passing is insane however robins doesn’t allow the squad to stay at the same level. He wants progress and he’s not got many of these calls wrong. Was so impressed with him and shipley this last season

Exactly. He always does it and uses the budget he’s got to the best of his ability. Like when we got rid of concrete rod, sold him and got in a few others and we didn’t look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

No1 at the club will be thinking let’s hold onto a player incase we go down mate

Skybluedownunder

You guys on here got me excited at the idea of trying for Luke Garbutt now he is all I want

Has anybody heard much on Panzo? Seems he was highly regarded when he was at Chelsea

shmmeee

No1 at the club will be thinking let’s hold onto a player incase we go down mate

I think in the case of a young player who has shown good potential he’s worth keeping around. I’m not saying keep a second squad on just in case.

And unless we are investing serious cash (and let’s be honest with our signings so far that’s a possibility), chances are we are going back down.

Skybluedownunder

I think in the case of a young player who has shown good potential he’s worth keeping around. I’m not saying keep a second squad on just in case.

And unless we are investing serious cash (and let’s be honest with our signings so far that’s a possibility), chances are we are going back down.

It’s harsh on the player though ey who just wants to play first team football, Robins seems pretty fair that if you ain’t in his plans he will let you go like JCH and Ogobo.

Fingers crossed Bournemouth go down and Wilson gets sold so we have more in the kitty

shmmeee

Marosi
Rose Hyam Panzo
Dabo Kelly Hamer Garbutt
O’Hare Hilßner
Ugbo

Where would that team finish? Reckon we’d replace Kelly too if that was the level.

SeaSeeEffCee

I don’t really get the obsession some people seem to have with Garbutt. Never a fan of players who’ve spent the majority of their career out on loan and regressed in level over time. Usually you’d expect a player to go from a lower league loan to a higher league one, not the other way round. 27 now and doesn’t sound like he tore up any trees on either of his loan spells at this level before. Reckon he’ll end up back at Ipswich or another League One play-off contender.

Marosi
Rose Hyam Panzo
Dabo Kelly Hamer Garbutt
O’Hare Hilßner
Ugbo

Where would that team finish? Reckon we’d replace Kelly too if that was the level.
Would be surprised if Hilßner is starting ahead of Allen. Think he’s been brought in as cover.

Skybluedownunder

Marosi
Rose Hyam Panzo
Dabo Kelly Hamer Garbutt
O’Hare Hilßner
Ugbo

Love it but I’d go...
Allen over Kelly
Jodi Jones or even Shipley over Hilbner
Godden over Ugbo to start with as Godden gets goals, Ugbo’s season last year doesn’t suggest that so would have to earn his place

I reckon about 14/15th at best, it’s a bloody tough league. Looking at all the teams and thinking who we would beat it’s very hard

Terry_dactyl

It’s harsh on the player though ey who just wants to play first team football, Robins seems pretty fair that if you ain’t in his plans he will let you go like JCH and Ogobo.

Fingers crossed Bournemouth go down and Wilson gets sold so we have more in the kitty

There’s no one going to be signing Wilson, he’s on £100k a week!

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi
Rose Hyam Panzo
Dabo Kelly Hamer Garbutt
O’Hare Hilßner
Ugbo

Add some premier loan in as well as ugbo and some championship experience and I’ll stick neck out with 6th

Sky Blue Pete

Woke up thinking something like this. If we pay for him (seems his contract has a year to go) then he’s got to be worth a few million in potential alone. Last year of contract say half that. Give him 3-4 year contract and his value stays at a few million but if he has a good season his sale price could be 10 fold what you pay this summer. If robins boddy and Sisu play this right it’s a no brainer

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Maybe Westbrooke has been told he can go because he wants to go? We may have just told him you can go but we want “£x” before you do and extended his contract

CCFC54321

Maybe Westbrooke has been told he can go because he wants to go? We may have just told him you can go but we want “£x” before you do and extended his contract
Westbrook and robins had a discussion before last season about him wanting more games than he was getting.

It may be that Westbrook knows he won’t be a automatic start or even play as much as last season and would like to move on and Robins has agreed this?

Terry_dactyl

I think it depends on if we sign a new CM. If we don’t I think Westbrooke will feature a lot. He’s a good player and was outstanding at times last year. Could well be worth sticking with him.

AFCCOVENTRY

We might have shown some interest but there isn’t a chance we will sign him. His wages for a start are not affordable.

kg82

We might have shown some interest but there isn’t a chance we will sign him. His wages for a start are not affordable.
Would we show interest in a player that we knew wasn’t affordable? It’s just a rumour so far, so it might be just that and we might not be able to afford him. But if there’s even the slightest bit of truth to it, I doubt our manager or recruitment team would be thinking about players outside of our budget.

shmmeee

Not to start anything, but we’ve by all accounts just signed one of the most promising U23s in Hamer, beaten off competition from bigger established Champ clubs for O’Hare and been linked with players the likes of Leeds have been linked with.

Maybe the budget is bigger than we all think?

Users who are viewing this thread