Transfer Rumour Jonathan Panzo (1 Viewer)

mark82

Not to start anything, but we’ve by all accounts just signed one of the most promising U23s in Hamer, beaten off competition from bigger established Champ clubs for O’Hare and been linked with players the likes of Leeds have been linked with.

Maybe the budget is bigger than we all think?

The budget will be well below average for the division still. What we do offer is an attractive style and that we don't stand in the way of players moving to bigger clubs. We're known for developing players now.

covcity4life

Listening to a podcast the other day where someone said they expect more championship clubs to begin with minus points next year due to do financial crisis

Would imagine efl will be lenient on ffp but who knows.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Westbrooke is likely to have limited game time. He's not really someone we can try and convert into one of the DCM's as he doesn't have the desire in the tackle.

So for ACM ahead of him you've got:
O' Hare - direct runner
Allen - box-to-box
Shipley - box-to-box and long range shooting

Then I think you're at Westbrooke with his passing ability. He offers something different to the others and it would be nice to have him stay but if we need to strengthen elsewhere someone somewhere is likely going to have to leave and it's probably our most overstocked position.

Then you've got HilBner who can play there who we've just brought in. Jones who may be able to do so as well. Jobello I think would struggle and prefers just being a proper winger and Kasta needs to improve massively to get anywhere near the team.

twistandshout

Westbrooke is likely to have limited game time. He's not really someone we can try and convert into one of the DCM's as he doesn't have the desire in the tackle.

So for ACM ahead of him you've got:
O' Hare - direct runner
Allen - box-to-box
Shipley - box-to-box and long range shooting

Then I think you're at Westbrooke with his passing ability. He offers something different to the others and it would be nice to have him stay but if we need to strengthen elsewhere someone somewhere is likely going to have to leave and it's probably our most overstocked position.

Then you've got HilBner who can play there who we've just brought in. Jones who may be able to do so as well. Jobello I think would struggle and prefers just being a proper winger and Kasta needs to improve massively to get anywhere near the team.

Completely agree, Westbrooke shadows his opponent and never seems to challenge, to me he also has the feeling of Luke Thomas he looks like our best player having an off day . Makes great runs and interplay with little end result,he has great potential but isn't fulfilling it.
Team spirit was immense last year, If he is unhappy let him go and don't let the spirit be tarnished.

slyblue57

Completely agree, Westbrooke shadows his opponent and never seems to challenge, to me he also has the feeling of Luke Thomas he looks like our best player having an off day . Makes great runs and interplay with little end result,he has great potential but isn't fulfilling it.
Team spirit was immense last year, If he is unhappy let him go and don't let the spirit be tarnished.
If Westbrooke is unhappy then I agree, let him go.
If not I d far rather keep him and let Shipley go. Westbrooke is by far the better player with more potential to grow. Sadly as he s “ not one of our own” he wo nt get as many plaudits.
Only my opinion of course
Pusb

SlowerThanPlatt

If not I d far rather keep him and let Shipley go. Westbrooke is by far the better player with more potential to grow. Sadly as he s “ not one of our own” he wo nt get as many plaudits.
Pusb

With the greatest of respect, I don’t think Robins picks his team based on who’s been at the club the longest. They both had injury free seasons last season and Shipley made 31 appearances in the league to Westbrooke’s 25

fernandopartridge

Love it but I’d go...
Allen over Kelly
Jodi Jones or even Shipley over Hilbner
Godden over Ugbo to start with as Godden gets goals, Ugbo’s season last year doesn’t suggest that so would have to earn his place

I reckon about 14/15th at best, it’s a bloody tough league. Looking at all the teams and thinking who we would beat it’s very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God you haven't a clue, Allen is a completely different player from Kelly

Sky Blue Harry H

Pusb
Compare the number of goals each player scores. If you then accept Westbrooke doesn't tackle, not sure by what measure you call him far superior to Shipley?

Happy_Martian

Gibbo

Compare the number of goals each player scores. If you then accept Westbrooke doesn't tackle, not sure by what measure you call him far superior to Shipley?
Lucky to get £500k for Westbrooke - much as I like neat players like him. If he is not a regular for us, why should anyone pay more? Bayliss was a regular and has more potential, so scale back from that.
I agree, in his unfussy way Shipley offers more. Left sided, does the grunt work and gets some good goals.

Evo1883

Shipley is alot more versatile than westbrooke imo, we could start loaning some players to less well off clubs like sunderland for example... Give back to the football community
giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

Didn’t really know much about westbrook before last season and didn’t think Shipley would cut it in L1...the latter proved me wrong and the former did more than ok. Personally think championship is a step too far for both...but happy to be proved wrong again during the next few months

Mucca Mad Boys

Didn’t really know much about westbrook before last season and didn’t think Shipley would cut it in L1...the latter proved me wrong and the former did more than ok. Personally think championship is a step too far for both...but happy to be proved wrong again during the next few months

Both players are young, and can conceivably get better with age.

Shipley is 23 in September, and I think he’ll develop into a decent Championship midfielder.

I also like Westbrook too and wouldn’t want to get rid of him. Unless, he’s had a fall out with MR or is having a disruptive influence on the team.

Skybluedownunder

Who will fund the rest of the fee?

Well we seem to have money going and buying an unheard of German. You do know that by going upto the championship we get roughly about £6.25m more, it’s worth looking up what you get a year being in League One and what you get in Championship.

What I couldn’t believe is you get the same money if you come 4th or if you come 18th

What I am also banking on is if Bournemouth also sell Wilson

mark82

Well we seem to have money going and buying an unheard of German. You do know that by going upto the championship we get roughly about £6.25m more, it’s worth looking up what you get a year being in League One and what you get in Championship.

What I couldn’t believe is you get the same money if you come 4th or if you come 18th

What I am also banking on is if Bournemouth also sell Wilson

Sorry, was being facetious. What I really meant was that I don't think we'd get him for £1.5m (let alone his wages).

David O'Day

Sorry, was being facetious. What I really meant was that I don't think we'd get him for £1.5m (let alone his wages).

There is not a chance we would get him for as low as £1.5m

There's a lot of far worse players who have gone for far more in the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread