Joe Cole (3 Viewers)

Grendel

You forgot to say that Wilson wasn't worth 3m, wouldn't score in the Championship and then certainly wouldn't score in the Prem.

I never said any of that. I did say that we were right to sell him and a lot of posters who understand football economics and reality far better than you agreed with me.

skybluetony176

Two games in a row? You'd think we were playing top of the table sides - is that the sound of a bandwagon rolling that I can hear?

Told you before. I never miss a midweek game and not only is Saturday a rare free Saturday for me the ticket is a birthday present from my daughters. Assuming I have your permission to attend that is. I know you're chief of the fan police.

idm1975

I never said any of that. I did say that we were right to sell him and a lot of posters who understand football economics and reality far better than you agreed with me.
So you say you understand football economics, i guess its just the playing side you have no clue about then

Grendel

So you say you understand football economics, i guess its just the playing side you have no clue about then

Oddly you guess wrong. Seems despite the nonsense I received when I indicated Haynes' shortcomings has now been forgotten.

Grendel is never wrong.

covcity4life

except aboutt he cracks...aint we unbeaton since then,and unbeaton wel before that loss too?

haynes though i agree,defensivly really really needs to improve

Otis

Haynes is not a left back, scared to head a football FFS. Might make it as a left wing but simply cannot defend.
I think it would be good if we could send him on loan to a club who would be willing to play him as a left midfielder.

skybluetony176

except aboutt he cracks...aint we unbeaton since then,and unbeaton wel before that loss too?

haynes though i agree,defensivly really really needs to improve

Haynes needs to go out for a seasons loan in the conference. People seem to forget how good he looked in the youth set up, jumping up to the first team was to soon for him. He may well have to take a step or two back so he can move forward again. He looks like a player who's lost all confidence in his ability and I can't see him regaining it at this level especially with the added pressure of a promotion push.

wingy

Not sure I understand the level of criticism this lad is receiving currently.
Definitely not the finished article but I can't think of anyone tearing him a new one in this recent run.
I'd say he's been a bonus during this chrisis as has the ability of Stokes in moving over.
The lad looks like he's grown an inch or two and bulked out a bit.
Yes he would have gone on loan for his development had we not suffered the setbacks and from my point of view that would have been their good luck instead of ours.

mmttww

Haynes played well on Tue night. Walsall tore us to pieces down the flanks at their place (Phillips had to go off at HT) and troubled us very little there on Tue apart from a ten min spell before the goal. Haynes is doing enough to keep his place. A bit too hesitant about supporting the attack a couple of times on Tue but his decision making can only get better with games, just like Phillips has improved lately. Give them chance.

Otis

Haynes played well on Tue night. Walsall tore us to pieces down the flanks at their place (Phillips had to go off at HT) and troubled us very little there on Tue apart from a ten min spell before the goal. Haynes is doing enough to keep his place. A bit too hesitant about supporting the attack a couple of times on Tue but his decision making can only get better with games, just like Phillips has improved lately. Give them chance.
Think most people ARE giving them a chance, but I think we all accept that Ricketts is a much better right back than Phillips and Stokes much, much better than Haynes.

I think as soon as Lorentzson is fit he'll be in at right back, with Ricketts at centre back. That will also enable Stokes to go back to left back.

I would feel so much better about a back four of Lorentzson Martin Ricketts Stokes than with Phillips and Haynes in there.

Haynes wasn't that bad on Tuesday, but he also wasn't good either. Stokes has been consistently good all season.

Hadji10

I'm not posting or looking at this forum ever again. Not one person on here talks any sense. Go and educate yourselves.

Samo

I'm not posting or looking at this forum ever again. Not one person on here talks any sense. Go and educate yourselves.

Thank fuck for that... you really are a colossal prick.

letsallsingtogether

Oddly you guess wrong. Seems despite the nonsense I received when I indicated Haynes' shortcomings has now been forgotten.

Grendel is never wrong.

Or when you disagreed that he had a good game, when you never even went to the game.
Grendel you find faults in most of our players at one time or another.

Astute

So what you are saying is that you don't talk sense either.

bawtryneal

Think most people ARE giving them a chance, but I think we all accept that Ricketts is a much better right back than Phillips and Stokes much, much better than Haynes.

I think as soon as Lorentzson is fit he'll be in at right back, with Ricketts at centre back. That will also enable Stokes to go back to left back.

I would feel so much better about a back four of Lorentzson Martin Ricketts Stokes than with Phillips and Haynes in there.

Haynes wasn't that bad on Tuesday, but he also wasn't good either. Stokes has been consistently good all season.

What about Ramage. I can see a back four of Rickets Ramage Martin Stokes

All playing in their best and natural positions

so, RCC.

Rickets Ramage Martin Stokes

Fleck Vincalot

New right midfield Maddison/Cole Murphy

Armstrong

bench. Burge Phillips Bigi JOB Tudgay

Otis

What about Ramage. I can see a back four of Rickets Ramage Martin Stokes

All playing in their best and natural positions

so, RCC.

Rickets Ramage Martin Stokes

Fleck Vincalot

New right midfield Maddison/Cole Murphy

Armstrong

bench. Burge Phillips Bigi JOB Tudgay
Well, basing my thoughts on what has been said about Lorentzson. If he's all they say he is then he will surely have to be first choice right back.

I think Ramage is just cover because we are so painfully thin at the back at the mo.

ajsccfc

You do question the times when your body is letting you down and you ask if there is any point doing it but then you try to remember yourself as a kid when all you wanted was to play football and doing something like cleaning your own boots takes you back to that and makes you appreciate it more

I would love to take my kids on the pitch at the end of the season with a trophy. It would be a massive achievement and something I would be very proud of and up there with anything I’ve achieved

If you are comparing me with Messi I ain’t had a good career but if you are comparing me to 99 per cent of the other footballers I’ve had a great career

Considering that he still has name value that would allow him to coin it in somewhere, it's refreshing to read.

D

Deleted member 4439

I just play football, recover, have a few more days off, eat well, live well, and it seems to be working. I am not saying it is the answer – the proof will be in the pudding if I am still kicking a ball two or three years down the line.

No let up in the pies, then.

Skyblueweeman

Two games in a row? You'd think we were playing top of the table sides - is that the sound of a bandwagon rolling that I can hear?

I'm going to 2 games in a row for the first time ever. Am I a bandwagon jumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hobo

I wonder if you have ever been to two away games in a row?

Personally I never criticise people for what games they do or don't go to. But when they are there, I do think the more the merrier!

Astute

I'm going to 2 games in a row for the first time ever. Am I a bandwagon jumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats Grendel in a nutshell. He moans that supporters are not turning up when we are getting good results. But when they do turn up he calls them bandwagon jumpers :D

Nick

Administrator

Back to give it loads to people on Twitter who can't give it back?

giphy.gif

Johhny Blue

It's worse than that. Before Cole was born dinosaurs roamed the earth. Since he was born there's not been one confirmed sighting of a dinosaur. 100% proof that Cole is responsible for the extinction of the dinosaur. What a bastard.

But we haven't had a world war. Surely that cancels out his part in the great Dinosaur extinction

Users who are viewing this thread