Joe Cole (1 Viewer)

honestken

Getting better by the game, 3 or 4 more games and I think he will be flying!!

Took a few whacks, got stuck in himself, his work rate is really impressive, another assist and starting to influence our attacking play more often.

Just hope he can stay fit now!!

Perryccfc

It's so interesting to watch him. The gulf in class is scary. His touch is always on point and his delivery is always on the money. And him turning their right back inside out 4/5/6 times in the first half was funny

Otis

He tired very quickly though. Looked brilliant in the first half, but slowed down considerably as the game wore on.

rupert_bear

Played well in shite conditions and we missed him when he went off, I am looking forward to him playing with Hunt, who should be on a similar wave length

Otis

Played well in shite conditions and we missed him when he went off, I am looking forward to him playing with Hunt, who should be on a similar wave length
TM has said Maddison will start on Saturday, so if Cole and Hunt were to play then we would have to drop either Murphy or JOB, both of which looked very tired second half.

rupert_bear

Don't think we appreciate how tough the conditions were, Walsall got better when fresh legs came on, perhaps TM missed a trick not bringing on Bigi atleast to bolster midfield, but we didn't lose and we are now finished with Walsall, a good side with almost half a season to go and after Saturday Burton too. We need to get more ruthless up front.

Otis

Don't think we appreciate how tough the conditions were, Walsall got better when fresh legs came on, perhaps TM missed a trick not bringing on Bigi atleast to bolster midfield, but we didn't lose and we are now finished with Walsall, a good side with almost half a season to go and after Saturday Burton too. We need to get more ruthless up front.

I was a bit surprised we didn't make substituions earlier, as we were beginning to tire and Walsall brought 3 sets of fresh legs on.

The conditions were heavy with all that rain and it certainly took its toll.

stupot07

Hunt won't start Saturday. Maddison will come in for JOB, and depending on recovery Lamieres might come in for Murphy.

Cole was outstanding first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Hunt won't start Saturday. Maddison will come in for JOB, and depending on recovery Lamieres might come in for Murphy.

Cole was outstanding first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
He was. He was a class apart.

eedyut

As he tired and eventually went off, we dropped ever deeper, his pressing from the front was crucial. By far his most effective game.

Nick

Administrator
He looked a lot sharper, when he first got here he needed about 4 or 5 touches to get the ball under control but some of his passes (the back flick one two) were great.

His corners always prove dangerous as well, if only we had a johnson or Turner with him putting them across like that!

Esoterica

Thing is people keep moaning about his fitness but i'd rather he does what he does and run his tits off for 60 mins, than coast for 90. His full match fitness will come a lot quicker this way.

mechaishida

Next game against Burton is another big test for Cole; he came through Walsall with a good all-round display and an assist, so it's looking promising for him.

His class and superior technique are starting to filter through now, as his fitness and acclimation are improving with every game. Hopefully, he really turns the style on against Burton.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

He looked a lot sharper, when he first got here he needed about 4 or 5 touches to get the ball under control but some of his passes (the back flick one two) were great.

His corners always prove dangerous as well, if only we had a johnson or Turner with him putting them across like that!

I commented on this last night. His set-piece delivery is superb, Reda would be in double figures with that kind of delivery consistently!

Otis

I commented on this last night. His set-piece delivery is superb, Reda would be in double figures with that kind of delivery consistently!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Every time we put over a good corner I kept thinking I wish we had Reda or Ben Turner in there.

mark82

Could be that bit of difference that means promotion, particularly if we do end up in the playoffs. He'll win games on his own at some point if he keeps playing at that level. Glad he's proving the doubters wrong (or at least starting to). Who's to say that we couldn't get another year or two out of him too if things go well the rest of this season.

Otis

It's weird isn't it. We've had years of fans moaning on here that we're not good enough and that we might get relegated and now all of a sudden this season we're in 4th place and we'll clear of 7th place, so play-off bound seemingly, we have fans moaning about us not being top 2.

I get the feeling no matter how we do good or bad, people will moan.

I am just loving this season so much and that is now us unbeaten at home and the only unbeaten home team in all the leagues, 1 loss in 17 and just 4 defeats all season. That is brilliant.

I am so happy and though disappointed we didn't hold out last night I was still happy with much of our performance.

covmark

Your 100% right, way too many people were jumping the gun on him
Absolutely. Some were saying he was past it and should be immediately returned to Villa. Hopefully he can carry on improving performances as he gets fitter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

It's weird isn't it. We've had years of fans moaning on here that we're not good enough and that we might get relegated and now all of a sudden this season we're in 4th place and we'll clear of 7th place, so play-off bound seemingly, we have fans moaning about us not being top 2.

I am just loving this season so much and that is now us unbeaten at home and the only unbeaten home team in all the leagues, 1 loss in 17 and just 4 defeats all season. That is brilliant.

I am so happy and though disappointed we didn't hold out last night I was still happy with much of our performance.

they are ruining the feel good vibe i tell ya

shit fans who probably want the club to fail deep down so they can say "i told you so"

I've said it hundreds of times; if points were awarded for moaning, Coventry would've won the Champions League 5 times by now. A portion of our fans seem to a) be immune to perspective or b) immune to the fact that we're no longer a Championship, let alone a Premier League team.

Perryccfc

I started following the Coventry Fans Forum page on Facebook, and it's the worst thing I've ever done. The tripe those people talk on there is amazing.

ajsccfc

If we end up automatically promoted in second, people will be screaming blue murder that we didn't finish as champions.

covmark

If we end up automatically promoted in second, people will be screaming blue murder that we didn't finish as champions.
I will be, because I stuck a tenner on in pre season for us to be champions at 20/1.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

The feeling with me, and certainly others I've spoken to, is that this season is our big chance. If we don't go up we could lose loads of players and Mowbray. Madders, Cole, Murphy, Arma will all probably go if we don't get up. Fleck as well.

Also that knowing City we won't perform in the playoffs. Basically were worried that if we are not top 2 we could go back to another decade of crap. I think it's slightly disingenuous to say it's just people moaning.

Brylowes

His first touch & awareness oozes class.after one hard run at their full back late 1st half-I did think about calling him an ambulance.

Paxman II

We looked impressive last night in the first half and had we taken our chances we would have been out of sight. Our finishing must improve.

Joe Cole was the best player on the park in the first half. Fleck had an unusually mediocre game playing too deep. Haynes comes forward well but his positioning at times has me worried.

The obvious glaring problem last night were clear to all including the opposition.
Why did we not bring on some fresh legs?
It was clear that Murphy was struggling and Vincelot appeared to have a cramp problem. It was at this point we gave away the equaliser.
When Cole went off our influence waned. Maddison had little impact playing off the shoulder in a number 10 role. The ball didn't stick until Fortune came on but by this time we looked legless. 10 days of training here and there compared to a team who played Saturday really showed in the last 20 minutes. But had we converted the chances we had it would not have mattered.

When we looked at these two tough fixtures with Burton to come I was happy to get 4 points. So a little more pressure to win this Saturday and I'm confident they are easier to beat than Walsall.

Tommystours

I think we should all learn from this game.Our expectations have been raised by this team and the performances of some of the players. Unfortunately TM also needs to learn , to make the substitutions at the right time and get the team to learn how to hold onto a lead , maybe by packing midfield. Also to look at players who are flagging in the last 20 minutes ( murphy)
They did run their balls off in the first half and if we had taken the chances we would be second and having really positive chat.
WE are still making the same mistakes as the last 2 seasons, unfortunately which has cost us points.PUSB bring on Burton.

Otis

The feeling with me, and certainly others I've spoken to, is that this season is our big chance. If we don't go up we could lose loads of players and Mowbray. Madders, Cole, Murphy, Arma will all probably go if we don't get up. Fleck as well.

Also that knowing City we won't perform in the playoffs. Basically were worried that if we are not top 2 we could go back to another decade of crap. I think it's slightly disingenuous to say it's just people moaning.
Some maybe, but some are seemingly just moaning.

And you talk of our failing in the play-offs and knowing City won't perform in the play-offs cos it's City, well, as I said on another thread, this City this season is unlike past City teams. We've only been beaten once in 17 games and are unbeaten at home. This is a different City. If we make the play-offs I would say we should feel really confident of making Wembley at least.

I agree that this season is our big chance, but I still think we can do it through the play-offs if we can't make the top 2.

What I really don't get is people writing off our chances of top 2 when we're just 3 points behind first and there's still 20 games to go and 60 points to play for! To my mind that's just daft.

This Coventry City is not like the Coventry City of the past few years, cos if it was, we wouldn't be unbeaten, we wouldn't have had just 1 loss in 17 games, we wouldn't have only lost 4 games all season and we wouldn't be in 4th place. We have been in the top 6 pretty much all season long. I think it is just one single game where we dropped to 7th.

Why can't we embrace that? I don't associate this TM team with any other City team of the last 15 years, because it is not he same and I think we will be top 2 and if not, it will be the play-offs and if it is the play-offs I would be very confident of us going to Wembley and winning a place in the Championship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread