Joe Cole (3 Viewers)

Brylowes

I think we should all learn from this game.Our expectations have been raised by this team and the performances of some of the players. Unfortunately TM also needs to learn , to make the substitutions at the right time and get the team to learn how to hold onto a lead , maybe by packing midfield. Also to look at players who are flagging in the last 20 minutes ( murphy)
They did run their balls off in the first half and if we had taken the chances we would be second and having really positive chat.
WE are still making the same mistakes as the last 2 seasons, unfortunately which has cost us points.PUSB bring on Burton.
Suppose he could of shuffled the back line last 20-maybe bring Bigi on.My main worry was how tired we looked after 10 days off-they looked fitter. PS not that worried tho.

covcity4life

Some maybe, but some are seemingly just moaning.

And you talk of our failing in the play-offs and knowing City won't perform in the play-offs cos it's City, well, as I said on another thread, this City this season is unlike past City teams. We've only been beaten once in 17 games and are unbeaten at home. This is a different City. If we make the play-offs I would say we should feel really confident of making Wembley at least.

I agree that this season is our big chance, but I still think we can do it through the play-offs if we can't make the top 2.

What I really don't get is people writing off our chances of top 2 when we're just 3 points behind first and there's still 20 games to go and 60 points to play for! To my mind that's just daft.

This Coventry City is not like the Coventry City of the past few years, cos if it was, we wouldn't be unbeaten, we wouldn't have had just 1 loss in 17 games, we wouldn't have only lost 4 games all season and we wouldn't be in 4th place. We have been in the top 6 pretty much all season long. I think it is just one single game where we dropped to 7th.

Why can't we embrace that? I don't associate this TM team with any other City team of the last 15 years, because it is not he same and I think we will be top 2 and if not, it will be the play-offs and if it is the play-offs I would be very confident of us going to Wembley and winning a place in the Championship.

time for Sky Blue Talk - Civil War like the new captain america film

positive realistic fans vs negative moaners

torchomatic

Well said, O.

Some maybe, but some are seemingly just moaning.

And you talk of our failing in the play-offs and knowing City won't perform in the play-offs cos it's City, well, as I said on another thread, this City this season is unlike past City teams. We've only been beaten once in 17 games and are unbeaten at home. This is a different City. If we make the play-offs I would say we should feel really confident of making Wembley at least.

I agree that this season is our big chance, but I still think we can do it through the play-offs if we can't make the top 2.

What I really don't get is people writing off our chances of top 2 when we're just 3 points behind first and there's still 20 games to go and 60 points to play for! To my mind that's just daft.

This Coventry City is not like the Coventry City of the past few years, cos if it was, we wouldn't be unbeaten, we wouldn't have had just 1 loss in 17 games, we wouldn't have only lost 4 games all season and we wouldn't be in 4th place. We have been in the top 6 pretty much all season long. I think it is just one single game where we dropped to 7th.

Why can't we embrace that? I don't associate this TM team with any other City team of the last 15 years, because it is not he same and I think we will be top 2 and if not, it will be the play-offs and if it is the play-offs I would be very confident of us going to Wembley and winning a place in the Championship.

lifeskyblue

Thought Cole had a good 55 mins. Clearly tired then and his influence missed. However we did have a good 10min spell after he went off and should have killed the game then.
We sat too deep and too narrow towards end and a good side like Walsall were able to take advantage. I don't know why Haynes and Phillips played so narrow...either a tactic or a little nativity. Second half Walsall had a lot of time and space down the flanks and their equaliser came as a result of Phillips not preventing the ball in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Thought Cole had a good 55 mins. Clearly tired then and his influence missed. However we did have a good 10min spell after he went off and should have killed the game then.
We sat too deep and too narrow towards end and a good side like Walsall were able to take advantage. I don't know why Haynes and Phillips played so narrow...either a tactic or a little nativity. Second half Walsall had a lot of time and space down the flanks and their equaliser came as a result of Phillips not preventing the ball in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, agree with all of that.

stevefloyd

To be fair to Phillips Murphy was shot and let their right back have so much space...fair play to their manager for spotting this and changing right backs. In hindsight I think for us to keep the impetus it would have been better to bring on Bigi instead of Maddison because he has much more energy and with 20 minutes left to go Murphy should have been replaced by Lameiras, we had that game won up until Cole went off but all credit to the lads on a poxy cold wet night...wish we had Sawyer playing for us...class act

ajsccfc

I thought their leftback was particularly impressive. First look at him, I thought a strong wind would carry him out of the stadium.

Gazolba

Cole's set pieces are a big plus for us as they were pathetic before he joined us.

The equaliser came from O'Brien not tracking the full back. It was the full back who crossed it. Phillips was marking the winger. Cole will make a huge difference. He was talking to the front 5 all the time.

Brylowes

I thought their leftback was particularly impressive. First look at him, I thought a strong wind would carry him out of the stadium.
Yep he was very good.thought Murphy had the RB licked early on but he improved as well

oakey

Cole is visibly improving each game. It won't be long before he's running things in the middle of the park.
PUSB

rupert_bear

I'm looking forward to Stephen
Hunt getting a slot I think him and Joe Cole will be brilliant together and Hunt's aggression will make a big difference I think all our forwards are bit too nice, no good in this division

stoneroses85

Fair result in the end , dont quite know why murphy wasnt replaced after 60mins as looked spent, 1st half we looked impressive against an organised side, i never moan but i get frustrated when RCC kicks the ball straight to the oppositon and that was putting us under pressure 2nd half as it was coming straight back on us and with the rain and fact we had 10 days off it showed last 20mins MAF came on to try and keep it up top

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I thought his touch was sublime last night, clearly he has some way to go on the fitness front but I felt that you can see he's hungry to play. I can't see him doing anything but improving with every game now as he gets more and more match fit.

letsallsingtogether

If we end up automatically promoted in second, people will be screaming blue murder that we didn't finish as champions.
But the last time we were promoted we came first to another Yam Yam club ..........

Deja Vue me thinks:claping hands:

letsallsingtogether

That first half was a sublime I thought FFS I haven't paid to watch this..........

The movement and passing was better then most of the shit I saw on MOTD on saturday:D

Grendel

Thought Cole was excellent first half

That's a problem though isn't it? We've now accepted a player who cannot last 90 minutes - he just can't - and struggles with 2 games a week.

Our points per game ratio with and without him would make interesting reading I suspect.

idm1975

That's a problem though isn't it? We've now accepted a player who cannot last 90 minutes - he just can't - and struggles with 2 games a week.

Our points per game ratio with and without him would make interesting reading I suspect.
Why dont u reserve your judgement for the end of the season. Does it make you feel that bad when our players that u dont like prove u completely wrong?

Grendel

Why dont u reserve your judgement for the end of the season. Does it make you feel that bad when our players that u dont like prove u completely wrong?

So results have improved?

Evo1883

Before Cole joined
Won 7
Drew 2
Lost. 3

Points 23 from 36

Since cole

Won 6
Drew 7
Lost. 1

Points 25 from 42

Should be noted he hasn't played every game and I can't remember how many of the 14 he has played off top of my head , either way not a huge difference.

Should also be noted he is currently playing and has played at the club since our defensive woes started so that may impact how we have done somewhat .

Last edited:

Grendel

Before Cole joined
Won 7
Drew 2
Lost. 3

Points 23 from 36

Since cole

Won 6
Drew 7
Lost. 1

Points 25 from 42

Should be noted he hasn't played every game and I can't remember how many of the 14 he has played off top of my head , either way not a huge difference.

Should also be noted he is currently playing and has played at the club since our defensive woes started so that may impact how we have done somewhat .

We have accumulated 13 points from the 8 he's been involved in. So 34 points from the 18 games without him.

capel & collindridge

We have accumulated 13 points from the 8 he's been involved in. So 34 points from the 18 games without him.

Based on your figures, that's 1.63 points per game with Cole; 1.89 points without. Equivalent over the course of a season to 75 points (play-offs) instead of 87 points (possible top two).

On the other hand, since Cole joined us in October, we've only lost one game - and that was the travesty against Sheff Utd. Just before Cole came, we'd lost 3 of the previous 5 away games.

So I don't think the stats prove very much one way or the other.

Astute

Before Cole joined 6 of my relatives died in less than a year. Since he joined there hasn't been a death in the family. Is it down to Cole or is it that you can make stats look like you want them to?

Hobo

Before Cole joined 6 of my relatives died in less than a year. Since he joined there hasn't been a death in the family. Is it down to Cole or is it that you can make stats look like you want them to?

No it shows you are capable of making up meaningless stats, because there is no link between your family members dead or alive and the performance of the team.

Grendel

Dont like to answer my questions do you,?Maybe if you tried answering one i would completely ignore the negative crap you come out with.

How many times have you seen him play out if interest?

skyblue1991

I've seen Cole play a few times now. In all honesty, aside from the free kick vs Barnsley he only really impressed me on Tuesday night. Before then I didn't think he improved our team much if at all (though I don't know how he has helped off the pitch)

If he plays like he did on Tuesday for the rest of the season we will get results.

Users who are viewing this thread