Jodi Jones (2 Viewers)

Bugsy

Bungalow saves his legs....PUSB

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Didn't Robins say he was ahead of schedule and that all being well he could potentially feature in a game setting (likely to be U23s) before the end of the season?

He did - I was surprised by that

Normal rehab protocol would see game time at 9 months earliest as the new graft has to fully incorporate into the new tunnels that are drilled to house the ACL

That would be end of June for Jones so pre-season realistically

Given his history I’d have thought they would be ultra-cautious

But the medical team obviously know what they’re doing so great to hear he’s ahead of schedule

Update from Robins in today's press conference suggests he's not close to an U23s return just yet

So would imagine that's his season done as we all expected

I think on track for pre-season games per the normal rehab timeline.

Robins says the report from his work at from St. Georges Park next week will act as the next 'milestone' in his recovery

I imagine he's probably stepping up into drills involving twisting/cutting while accelerating then decelerating. Always the last stage before a return to group training and contact drills etc

BornSlippySkyBlue

Update from Robins in today's press conference suggests he's not close to an U23s return just yet

So would imagine that's his season done as we all expected

I think on track for pre-season games per the normal rehab timeline.

Robins says the report from his work at from St. Georges Park next week will act as the next 'milestone' in his recovery

I imagine he's probably stepping up into drills involving twisting/cutting while accelerating then decelerating. Always the last stage before a return to group training and contact drills etc
Would make zero sense to rush him back just to play in the u23s. Personally hope he gets a (new contract first, then a) decent preseason with the 1st team squad and can kick on from there. Still think he could be a very useful player, even in the Championship. He just has it.

Esoterica

Would make zero sense to rush him back just to play in the u23s. Personally hope he gets a (new contract first, then a) decent preseason with the 1st team squad and can kick on from there. Still think he could be a very useful player, even in the Championship. He just has it.
We badly lack a player or two that can put the opposition on the back foot and beat a man. If Robins wants to continue playing the way we do away from home then it is something he needs to address in the summer.

Thinking of the players who have played AM in the box formation, it's not really Allen or Shipley or Hamer's game to do that and they are easily neutralised when they drop deep for the ball because if you close them down and limit their options to pass to they just don't have the individual skill to be effective - they are pass and move players and can't roll a man to get out of trouble like O'Hare does. People have said they think the intention was to play Godden and Walker up top together this season but I think Robins had also earmarked Jones and O'Hare for the box formation and had risked spending his limited budget elsewhere.

fatso

He might get a "pay as you play" contract for a while, until he proves that his body can cope with the demands of 2 games a week.
I'd love to see him have a run in the side as there's no doubt he has the talent.

BornSlippySkyBlue

We badly lack a player or two that can put the opposition on the back foot and beat a man. If Robins wants to continue playing the way we do away from home then it is something he needs to address in the summer.

Thinking of the players who have played AM in the box formation, it's not really Allen or Shipley or Hamer's game to do that and they are easily neutralised when they drop deep for the ball because if you close them down and limit their options to pass to they just don't have the individual skill to be effective - they are pass and move players and can't roll a man to get out of trouble like O'Hare does. People have said they think the intention was to play Godden and Walker up top together this season but I think Robins had also earmarked Jones and O'Hare for the box formation and had risked spending his limited budget elsewhere.
Spot on. There’s loads of ‘ifs’ but if they all came off he could be a very important player for us. Club and player deserve it after the last few years.

BornSlippySkyBlue

He might get a "pay as you play" contract for a while, until he proves that his body can cope with the demands of 2 games a week.
I'd love to see him have a run in the side as there's no doubt he has the talent.
Are they actually a thing? Can’t see how it’s fair to expect a young person to train full-time at the level required to play championship football and only get paid if he plays. I’d just give him a short ish contract, with options in our favour, heavily incentivised and wrap him in cotton wool for 6 months.

better days

Are they actually a thing? Can’t see how it’s fair to expect a young person to train full-time at the level required to play championship football and only get paid if he plays. I’d just give him a short ish contract, with options in our favour, heavily incentivised and wrap him in cotton wool for 6 months.
Tbh 'pay as you play' contracts will almost always have a relatively modest weekly salary then a figure per game started and a lower amount for coming on as a sub
There may also be a clause allowing for renegotiation after a certain number of appearances if it works out
So relatively low risk for the club but with an income for the player so he can at least pay his bills

letsallsingtogether

Tbh 'pay as you play' contracts will almost always have a relatively modest weekly salary then a figure per game started and a lower amount for coming on as a sub
There may also be a clause allowing for renegotiation after a certain number of appearances if it works out
So relatively low risk for the club but with an income for the player so he can at least pay his bills
Isnt that for players coming to and end after already making their money out of football.

better days

Isnt that for players coming to and end after already making their money out of football.
Mostly, but only where the player has an issue that might mean they are often unavailable for games
But can also be used for younger players with a bad injury record where contracts have expired and the alternative would be to get a job outside the game to pay his bills

NorthernWisdom

Mostly, but only where the player has an issue that might mean they are often unavailable for games
But can also be used for younger players with a bad injury record where contracts have expired and the alternative would be to get a job outside the game to pay his bills
Yeah, other clubs are going to look at his recent injury record, and he'd struggle to get a half-decent deal anywhere really until he proves himself.

So we may as well be the club who takes the punt on him, plus it shows we look after people...

skybluejelly

He’s the sort of player Peterborough love to sign , has shown loads of potential so relatively low risk ,and if he comes good worth a few million further down the line , I hope we renew his contract

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's been paid and had good medical help to recover for the last three years almost. We gave him a new contract last year and he's played zero times for the team (of course he'd be prefering it if he was).

Fact is if he got pay as you play you could count this years contract as being a down payment for next.

better days

He's been paid and had good medical help to recover for the last three years almost. We gave him a new contract last year and he's played zero times for the team (of course he'd be prefering it if he was).

Fact is if he got pay as you play you could count this years contract as being a down payment for next.
A deal will be done that suits both sides

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yeah, I don’t really buy the idea that he owes us for looking after him. He got a serious injury (3 times!) while on our watch. If anything, we owe him IMO. Not saying it’s our fault or anything, but the fact is he was injured whilst an employee of and carrying out his duties for CCFC. I’m sure, as better days says, there will be a mutually acceptable way of doing it (that’s not pay as you play :D). I’m sure he’s not gonna be offered top of the pay scale, but if he lives up to his potential (and stays fit) then he can renegotiate it later.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah, I don’t really buy the idea that he owes us for looking after him. He got a serious injury (3 times!) while on our watch. If anything, we owe him IMO. Not saying it’s our fault or anything, but the fact is he was injured whilst an employee of and carrying out his duties for CCFC. I’m sure, as better days says, there will be a mutually acceptable way of doing it (that’s not pay as you play :D). I’m sure he’s not gonna be offered top of the pay scale, but if he lives up to his potential (and stays fit) then he can renegotiate it later.

Tell that to the minimum wage workers that get injured at work and can no longer do their jobs. Do you think they'd keep you on? Or give you a new contract at a time when you were unable to do the job they ask of you at a level you've never proved yourself at? And if they did to then give you another one after that when you'd not been able to do the previous one last time?

To suggest we owe him anything is ludicrous. If one of the promising academy lads gets badly injured after being with us since he was 7 should we just offer them a 5 year contract because we 'owe' it to them cos they got injured carrying out their duties for the club and there's a small chance they might recover and prove up to it?

If such a suggestion were made for any other player it'd be dismissed as insanity.

If he comes back next year for his sake I hope he rips the league up cos if not there's going to be some very disappointed people who've called for us to pay him for four years to do nothing.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Tell that to the minimum wage workers that get injured at work and can no longer do their jobs. Do you think they'd keep you on? Or give you a new contract at a time when you were unable to do the job they ask of you at a level you've never proved yourself at? And if they did to then give you another one after that when you'd not been able to do the previous one last time?

To suggest we owe him anything is ludicrous. If one of the promising academy lads gets badly injured after being with us since he was 7 should we just offer them a 5 year contract because we 'owe' it to them cos they got injured carrying out their duties for the club and there's a small chance they might recover and prove up to it?

If such a suggestion were made for any other player it'd be dismissed as insanity.

If he comes back next year for his sake I hope he rips the league up cos if not there's going to be some very disappointed people who've called for us to pay him for four years to do nothing.
So because McDonald’s wouldn’t look after someone injured at work (and maybe they would?) nobody deserves it. Irrelevant what a minimum wage employer can get away with, injured doing a minimum wage job is still injured and should still be looked after by the employer that employed them when they got injured. Not sure why you’re getting salty about it. You seem quite annoyed with him. Think he’s been sponging?

chiefdave

Given the amount we've spent on his rehab it would be madness not to sign him up to another contract. As has been said a low salary with appearance based bonus structure should work for both sides.

Club would be slated if they let him leave and he then gets himself back to playing regularly at a decent level.

better days

So because McDonald’s wouldn’t look after someone injured at work (and maybe they would?) nobody deserves it. Irrelevant what a minimum wage employer can get away with, injured doing a minimum wage job is still injured and should still be looked after by the employer that employed them when they got injured. Not sure why you’re getting salty about it. You seem quite annoyed with him. Think he’s been sponging?
Have to laugh at some fans carrying on like they're Victorian mill owners
Anyone getting injured at work would be able to sue the pants off their employer if they were then sacked
There is a duty of care towards employees
This applies to football clubs too
There is a formula covering the amounts payable
The PFA ensures that clubs meet their commitments

Grendel

He’s being kept on in case he comes good. If he was Bakayoko he’d not be kept on

BornSlippySkyBlue

He’s being kept on in case he comes good. If he was Bakayoko he’d not be kept on
Maybe so, but the point still stands. Get injured on the job and they have a responsibility to look after you. Whether that’s in medical fees and compensation or a new contract.

Grendel

Maybe so, but the point still stands. Get injured on the job and they have a responsibility to look after you. Whether that’s in medical fees and compensation or a new contract.

No they don’t. If say biamou breaks his leg on the last day of the season he’s not covered and wouldn’t be kept on. If it’s a guy whose scored 25 goals that season he’s offered a deal

Grendel

There’s no morals. You could say if we offer Jones a deal for a year scores 20 goals he should then morally stay even if offered a deal elsewhere - he won’t

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not at all. I think Jodi seems like a great young lad and is very popular with the youngsters.

My annoyance is more with the people saying he should be given a new contract like it's the obvious thing to do. Fact is he was given a new contract in the same circumstances last year and we've spent a year paying him and for his rehab. So despite that people are just repeating the same thing now. Despite the fact his entire career for us basically involves roughly half a season of playing pretty well in L2. And I know full well if he broke down again next year there'd still be people saying 'give him a new contract' at the end of that.

Where were you arguing for Allassani to be given a new contract after his injuries? I assume you think Bartlett should have his contract renewed after his long lay off?

Users who are viewing this thread