Jimmy's Statue (5 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I was told the club were informed all CCFC related stuff was to go in the dressing room only. My understanding is Waggott is trying to get this changed so at least our stuff is up on matchdays.

Originally removed by ? Ryton I understand you wouldn't know it was CCFC training ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Originally removed by ? Ryton I understand you wouldn't know it was CCFC training ground

What's been removed from Ryton? I would have thought if there's not enough CCFC related stuff up there it is because its never been there not because someone has gone round and taken it all down.

Just checked on the Ricoh and from what I'm told the first batch of stuff was removed by 'a fans group', I would guess this means the trust. Apparently that was done as it was items that had been donated for display and there were concerns about what would happen to it if we moved out. The second lot was removed by the club when we moved to Northampton.

When we came back there was a plan to put it all back up but before anything could be done the takeover happened and we were shunted to a smaller dressing room and told all our stuff had to go in there.

Just passing it on so don't shoot the messenger!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Actually the items removed by the "fans" group belonged to a particular person and he removed his property to avoid the club taking it as theirs when they moved out. Wasn't to do with the Trust but the person concerned was a member of the Trust. The items had been loaned not donated

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What's been removed from Ryton? I would have thought if there's not enough CCFC related stuff up there it is because its never been there not because someone has gone round and taken it all down.

Just checked on the Ricoh and from what I'm told the first batch of stuff was removed by 'a fans group', I would guess this means the trust. Apparently that was done as it was items that had been donated for display and there were concerns about what would happen to it if we moved out. The second lot was removed by the club when we moved to Northampton.

When we came back there was a plan to put it all back up but before anything could be done the takeover happened and we were shunted to a smaller dressing room and told all our stuff had to go in there.

Just passing it on so don't shoot the messenger!

Did I say that anything had been removed from Ryton?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As a point of order, didn't that begin with Richardson/McGinnity who ensured there were no pics of the cup final team around HR? Don't we have a long tradition of being a bit crap with our heritage? (a heritage of being crap, in fact!)

Another point of order, I'd be amazed if Mowbray removed 'em ;)

At least some of our heritage is safe so I've been informed.

Jackoskyblue

Don't know if this has been posted but wasps have released a statement

We would ask visitors to the Ricoh Arena to please respect the Jimmy Hill statue – a man who played an enormous part in Coventry City’s history and is remembered fondly by sports fans around the world – and leave it alone on match days.

“We would like to apologise for any offence caused to Sky Blues fans.”

Nice of them to apologise hopefully the fans will listen and respect the statue now

Nick

Administrator
JS53377232.jpg

torchomatic

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Don't know if this has been posted but wasps have released a statement

We would ask visitors to the Ricoh Arena to please respect the Jimmy Hill statue – a man who played an enormous part in Coventry City’s history and is remembered fondly by sports fans around the world – and leave it alone on match days.

“We would like to apologise for any offence caused to Sky Blues fans.”

Nice of them to apologise hopefully the fans will listen and respect the statue now

We approached them about it this morning. Glad they responded.

Joe Elliott thinks it should stay there... for now. I worked with Joe on the campaign to get it built, and I think he talks a lot of sense here.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fans-call-jimmy-9231420

Nick

Administrator
Personally don't see much point moving it now until the whole "stadium" thing is sorted. If it gets moved to town, it may well have to just be moved again.

italiahorse

No I'm talking about our long term future, regardless of the owners, be it sisu or a Russian billionaire.

Can you really see us still at the Ricoh in 15-20 years time renting, a yellow and black seated bowl paying rent whilst getting little access to revenues? I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Until Sisu withheld the rent did many of us really care about renting off ACL?
We just concentrated on the football.
Nothings changed other than the rent is only £100K and we have access to some incomes.

Would you be happy with a long term deal, say £100K a year rent in L1, £400K in the Championship and £1.2M in the PL ?
Plus access to 50% of football profits, all of which would be in place with never having invested a penny in the infrastructure of the Ricoh.
Perhaps alternating black and sky blue seats with CCFC and WASPS spelt out in yellow.
The stadium plastered inside and out with both Wasps and CCFC memorabilia.
A concentrated area for CCFC say along the railway where we could have a the memorial garden, the wall and perhaps Wasps could build us a shop that we could rent. Move Jimmy into that area.
I would.

Nick

Administrator
Nothings changed other than the rent is only £100K and we have access to some incomes.

Would you be happy with a long term deal, say £100K a year rent in L1, £400K in the Championship and £1.2M in the PL ?
Plus access to 50% of football profits, all of which would be in place with never having invested a penny in the infrastructure of the Ricoh.
Perhaps alternating black and sky blue seats with CCFC and WASPS spelt out in yellow.
A concentrated area for CCFC say along the railway where we could have a the memorial garden, the wall and perhaps Wasps could build us a shop that we could rent. Move Jimmy into that area.
I would.

Why do you keep going on about nothing changing? It quite clearly has.

You keep going on about Wasps building us a shop? Let me guess, we just need to ask?

Have CCFC never spent a penny on the Ricoh at all then?

italiahorse

I would like it moved to the City Centre. Not sure how much it would cost, though.

The other thing would be, where in the City Centre?

Move him by the Garden of Remembrance and concentrate 'our area' along the back of the east stand along with the fans bricks and the station.
Got to be a will to do it but its a fair compromise.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would.

No I wouldn't be happy with that, depends what you mean by football profits though as I'm assuming you mean match day.

Sick Boy

Italia - what has made you embrace Wasps so much? Why are you so keen for us to work in partnership with them?

pusbccfc

Move him by the Garden of Remembrance and concentrate 'our area' along the back of the east stand along with the fans bricks and the station.
Got to be a will to do it but its a fair compromise.

It would be nice if Wasps allowed us to have that side of the stadium for our branding. I would prefer it being there as it is our only stand used and the one you will see first once leaving the station.

Get some banners up of of past players above their wall of honour. At grounds such as the Emirates and Amex they have large posters with ex-players circulating the stadium.
I am sure the Wasps would allow this if SISU played ball and secured a long term future at the ground

torchomatic

Was saying this on another thread. We went to the King Power the last week as we were in Leicester and my lad wanted to see the ground. There's no mistaking who plays in their stadium. Leicester badges everywhere, massive pictures of players all over the place.

We've NEVER had any of that not even before Wasps. And not before SISU either. It's always been plain and pretty boring from the outside.

Get some banners up of of past players above their wall of honour. At grounds such as the Emirates and Amex they have large posters with ex-players circulating the stadium.

pusbccfc

Was saying this on another thread. We went to the King Power the last week as we were in Leicester and my lad wanted to see the ground. There's no mistaking who plays in their stadium. Leicester badges everywhere, massive pictures of players all over the place.

We've NEVER had any of that not even before Wasps. And not before SISU either. It's always been plain and pretty boring from the outside.

Without doubt our stadium ranks up there with the worst branded of them all. Even inside the stadium the Coventry City theme has been poor.

Sick Boy

To be fair Leicester's stadium looks pretty impressive from the outside unlike the bland Ricoh. I'm surprised that no one has tried to use this as a stick to beat the club with. Or maybe even they would struggle to pass the blame from the council who were reluctant to even let us put up a badge.

Still, i'm sure that if we ask Wasps nicely they will let us do anything we wish?

armybike

Didn't the club have to fight just to get the badge put up in the first place.

CCFC put the badge up without seeking any permission from the council, which the council overlooked but requested the correct route be taken for any future signage.

Bill Glazier

I would.

I suspect Wasps will want to get rid of their lower class tenants as soon as possible, now they're awash with bond cash. Expect a much higher rent and a take it or leave it attitude when it's renegotiated. I do think it's time the club looked elsewhere.

Sick Boy

I suspect Wasps will want to get rid of their lower class tenants as soon as possible, now they're awash with bond cash. Expect a much higher rent and a take it or leave it attitude when it's renegotiated. I do think it's time the club looked elsewhere.

The notion that Wasps will want to work in partnership with us and offer us generous level of rent is desperate to say the least. It is more straw-clutching by the likes of Italia, desperate to defend their treacherous position.

Users who are viewing this thread