Jimmy's Statue (4 Viewers)

Sick Boy

No idea if this has been mentioned on another thread, I await to see the Wasps fan boys disagreeing with Mowbray.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The notion that Wasps will want to work in partnership with us and offer us generous level of rent is desperate to say the least. It is more straw-clutching by the likes of Italia, desperate to defend their treacherous position.

So a season ticket holder of CCFC playing in Coventry is now a traitor? Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

So a season ticket holder of CCFC playing in Coventry is now a traitor? Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wager that they'd have been outrage if this had happened before the majority of fans turned apathetic. Imagine if something similar had happened to HR and someone in the WT defending the franchise club taking over HR, they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

shmmeee

Shameful behaviour. More reason to get on and sort the stadium mess out ASAP. It's not ours and we need to move our stuff like the statue and the bricks (and the memorial garden?) out of there ASAP.

The fact it made a story in the first place maybe.......

Have you read the article? More to the point, have you ever read the CET? EVERYTHING makes a story FFS.

Read the article, CCFC put up a sign without asking for planning permission, CCC said "fine by me".

Not sure it matches up to the picture you're trying to paint here.

letsallsingtogether

I'd wager that they'd have been outrage if this had happened before the majority of fans turned apathetic. Imagine if something similar had happened to HR and someone in the WT defending the franchise club taking over HR, they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.
Yes your right that is why only 5 people turned up outside the council house when Wasps took over.
Now they are all screaming blue murder well you got what you all deserved.

shmmeee

I do find it funny how those that were totally against us buying the Ricoh and for us burning bridges with the Council are now the ones moaning the loudest because we don't own it. Cause and effect, guys.

Sick Boy

I do find it funny how those that were totally against us buying the Ricoh and for us burning bridges with the Council are now the ones moaning the loudest because we don't own it. Cause and effect, guys.

I'm not sure that any CCFC fan would agree with Ray Rason's original decision not to bother buying the ground.

lordsummerisle

The funniest are the people who thought that Sisu would be ripping off a local charity and "community asset" by paying the same for half as Wasps got the whole lot, and Wasps getting a 250 year lease for a lot less than the club had paid in rent since being there.

Not half as funny as those who were worried that it would only be used by Sisu to raise finance against so they could just stuff money in their pockets.

Thank fuck that hasn't happened with the new owners eh?

ALL HAIL OUR NEW INSECT OVER(LAND)LORDS!

torchomatic

The phrase "one rule for one..." is custom made for Italia, Shmmeee and some of the other boys.

The funniest are the people who thought that Sisu would be ripping off a local charity and "community asset" by paying the same for half as Wasps got the whole lot, and Wasps getting a 250 year lease for a lot less than the club had paid in rent since being there.

Not half as funny as those who were worried that it would only be used by Sisu to raise finance against so they could just stuff money in their pockets.

italiahorse

Italia - what has made you embrace Wasps so much? Why are you so keen for us to work in partnership with them?

There is no other satisfactory option so we might as well work with them.
We can fight them and get nothing.
It worries me that Sisu are playing another game with this stadium and at some point Wasps will just say just get on with it.
Simple things like putting our memorabilia up around the stadium and changing rooms etc can't be done while playing this game.

letsallsingtogether

We have been here before though (hasn't the number gone up since last time?)

They did very kindly change the time of the meeting at short notice to one where most of us were in work...

Look it has always been 5 ok 4 and 1 cov Rugby fan.
I am just pointing out that every protest bar the marches have been pathetic.
Didn't matter when they were people moaned and did fuck all.
So now we are where we are.
Wasps are just another party that the blinkered ones can blame.
Just waiting for the next party to come along and take the blame.

italiahorse

We keep going over this.
Higgs paid CCFC circa £6.5M for the half share when CCFC ran out of money.
Sisu couldn't be arsed to pay back that and set about a plan to bring the value down.
Whilst it went down in value Wasps stepped in.
Simple really.

italiahorse

wall.jpg

Above Bill Glazier's wall you could have a large image like...
6b85c6685fa65a393d9b187660e7f8ea.jpg

Now we are thinking

italiahorse

The notion that Wasps will want to work in partnership with us and offer us generous level of rent is desperate to say the least. It is more straw-clutching by the likes of Italia, desperate to defend their treacherous position.

You have no idea about this !!

If we get in the PL both Wasps and CCFC will make a fortune.
Both parties should know this and work with each other for the mutual benefits.

Lighten up your depressing me.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...that's a proper football that is.

Nick

Administrator

I am glad they will. We can all be happy then can't we? Yay Wasps will make money from us being successful.

That's enough to to depress most.

stupot07

We won't get to the PL because we won't have enough revenue to compete, even with 50% of matchday profits.

And why the hell would we want to pay wasps £1.2m if we got to the PL?

So whilst we're throwing arbitrary figures about. Would you accept this:

league One £400k
Championship £800k
pL £2m

0% profits from matchday costs.
All seating to be wasps branding?

At what point does the deal become a bad deal? In fact we all know that renting matchday only with limited access to revenues is a bad deal, and puts us behind most teams when we get back to the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

We won't get to the PL because we won't have enough revenue to compete, even with 50% of matchday profits.

And why the hell would we want to pay wasps £1.2m if we got to the PL?

So whilst we're throwing arbitrary figures about. Would you accept this:

league One £400k
Championship £800k
pL £2m

0% profits from matchday costs.
All seating to be wasps branding?

At what point does the deal become a bad deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We only have to ask...

stupot07

We only have to ask...

Perhaps we should put in elevated rents to cover any period we receive parachute payments, just in case we by some kind of miracle get promoted to the PL and promptly relegated. Wouldn't want wasps doing without.

lordsummerisle

We keep going over this.
Higgs paid CCFC circa £6.5M for the half share when CCFC ran out of money.
Sisu couldn't be arsed to pay back that and set about a plan to bring the value down.
Whilst it went down in value Wasps stepped in.
Simple really.

So the value of the Ricoh went down because we weren't there, thereby showing that we added value to the Ricoh?

Shouldn't Wasps have actually been paying a lot more then as we were back, and they were bringiing their huge, enormous, crowds to the Ricoh, so therefore the value should be double what ACL wanted off us, not at a price that seems to take in account there not being one sports team there?

Grendel

Well Wasps certainly will if your idea of paying the same level of rent that crippled us is implemented.

Also the notion of a premier league football club renting off a rugby club is utterly absurd given the wealth distribution of the two sports.

M&B Stand

Until Sisu withheld the rent did many of us really care about renting off ACL?
We just concentrated on the football.
Nothings changed other than the rent is only £100K and we have access to some incomes.

Would you be happy with a long term deal, say £100K a year rent in L1, £400K in the Championship and £1.2M in the PL ?
Plus access to 50% of football profits, all of which would be in place with never having invested a penny in the infrastructure of the Ricoh.
Perhaps alternating black and sky blue seats with CCFC and WASPS spelt out in yellow.
The stadium plastered inside and out with both Wasps and CCFC memorabilia.
A concentrated area for CCFC say along the railway where we could have a the memorial garden, the wall and perhaps Wasps could build us a shop that we could rent. Move Jimmy into that area.
I would.

Why would any fan of the football club be advocating 1.2 million pounds a season to rent a stadium for match days? That rent was agreed by idiots when they were desperate, yet you think it'd be okay in the PL. Are you Ed Balls?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well Wasps certainly will if your idea of paying the same level of rent that crippled us is implemented.

Well if we were in the PL it probably wouldn't affect us much. However we'd want nearly all match day profits and a good chunk of non match days profits, the same access rights and representation/branding around the arena though for that price.

I'm not sure what PL clubs rent there stadium but close to £1 million I guess wouldn't be too far away from the rent on a PL stadium

Last edited:

stupot07

Well if we were in the PL it probably wouldn't affect us much. However we'd want nearly all match day profits and a good chunk of non match days profits, the same access rights and representation/branding around the arena though for that price.

I'm not sure what PL clubs rent there stadium but close to £1 million I guess wouldn't be too far away from the rent on a PL stadium

Swansea pay about £550k in the PL I believe.

Grendel

I'm bored of this. Your frantic defence of Wasps, which actually no-one else on here shows, suggest you have a financial benefit from them being here

Do you?

italiahorse

I'm bored of this. Your frantic defence of Wasps, which actually no-one else on here shows, suggest you have a financial benefit from them being here

Do you?

Yes I can walk and see my team !!

For the record I am not defending Wasps. I realise we have no other option than to work with them.
If Sisu provide me details of an alternative plan I will reconsider.
I refuse to go along with peoples hate of Wasps just in the vain hope they fail and Sisu start off where they left.
We have a JR appeal in July and if that fails Sisu plan to submit another revised one.
"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

Last edited:

Grendel

Yes I can walk and see my team !!

And that is the only financial benefit is it?

I know it isn't by the way and I'm getting seriously bored with this.

Last edited:

Grendel

Really incestuous the horse world ;)

Users who are viewing this thread