Jimmy's Statue (1 Viewer)

stupot07

It's not Wasps poaching. It's Sisu making the club collateral damage in their hostile play for the Ricoh.
Underfunding the team due to the associated move to Northampton.
Resulting in fans match day experience being poor to non existent.
Wasps match day experience is all about the fans. Try it and perhaps I might value your opinion.

Of course they want to poach fans, like it or not we are their biggest competitor for the people go Coventry and warks leisure time disposable income. We can bemoan sisu the lack of entertainment/winning side but going forward it is not in wasps best interest for us to be successful and as such is stands to reason they won't be going to do us any favours when it comes to a new deal.

Frankly I don't give two shits whether you value my opinion or not. I don't need to go to a wasps match to make the above hypothesis. My back of a fag packet sums suggest that wasps best interests are getting bums on seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Listen up Sisu !!
I'm not alone.

We know. Plenty of cov fans won't watch cov outside the city (even if it just outside and it's our only sustainable option), but are willing to watch a rugby team that's moved 90 miles away from its community.

Like I said earlier, I don't necessarily want a new stadium but unlike you I am not going to close that option off before I've seen all of the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Moff

Ansty and Broadstreet would benefit Coventry not Rugby so would surely not satisfy RugbyBC criteria on Community or Sisu criteria of not benefiting Coventry.

So replacing once community facility in the Rugby district with another one could never happen could it.....

italiahorse

We know. Plenty of cov fans won't watch cov outside the city (regardless of the circumstances), but are willing to watch a rugby team that's moved 90 miles away from its community.

That argument is wasted on me.
Tell it to the Wasps fans travelling up from London and see if they are bothered.
I'm not travelling to Rugby so pass it on.

Moff

Wasps match day experience is all about the fans. Try it and perhaps I might value your opinion.

I am a Saints fan, and have attended there games longer than your shitty franchise team have been in town, and for many years longer than you will ever go. Does that mean you value my opinion or not ? altjough to be honest I couldnt give a shit i am just astonished at both your arrogance and ignorance.

Still if you value flags and razzmatazz above results then you are a perfect match.

chiefdave

The reason why Wasps are moving to Saturday is so they have an extra day rest between games. They don't want to play a home game on Sunday and then have to play an away match on the Friday/Saturday. That was the supposed reason given anyway.

Wasps tried to move to Saturdays before moving to the Ricoh apparently but fans were against it so a vote was taken and the change rejected. To get round that problem they haven't bothered asking the fans this time.

chiefdave

Looks bullshit to me pal but prove me wrong.

From the link you posted "The Local Plan is a long term plan – it will mean we are in control of growth in and around our city up to 2031"

CCC have said their are no viable sites for a stadium in Coventry in their city plan, Maton confirmed that in the CT. Rugby have said get more detailed plans to us by September and we'll consider including it.

stupot07

That argument is wasted on me.
Tell it to the Wasps fans travelling up from London and see if they are bothered.
I'm not travelling to Rugby so pass it on.

I don't care whether it's wasted on your or not.

If we can't get a deal that is beneficial to us from wasps, and the council won't let us build a stadium in Coventry, you won't attend if a new stadium is build outside of the city (even though you don't live in the city and have told us you have little affinity to the city - that was your reason for not going to watch CRFC), but are quite willing to support a London franchise club play in the city? Yes that's ironic.

Anyway, suppose you made plenty of hay yesterday. Win-win

Last edited:

stupot07

Wasps tried to move to Saturdays before moving to the Ricoh apparently but fans were against it so a vote was taken and the change rejected. To get round that problem they haven't bothered asking the fans this time.

You mean to get around that problem, they've moved 90 miles, most of their new 'fans' won't notice the difference ;)

italiahorse

So replacing once community facility in the Rugby district with another one could never happen could it.....

You miss the point of which community benefits.
If Sisu are selling the community benefits to Rugby it won't work if the Coventry Community benefits.
The 'Rugby' community in Binley Woods will be the only ones looking forward to it ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why we give this troll the time of day, I have no idea.

I reckon we should lock him in a room for RFC, get the popcorn and watch the mayhem ensue.

stupot07

Why we give this troll the time of day, I have no idea.

I reckon we should lock him in a room for RFC, get the popcorn and watch the mayhem ensue.

Yep, had enough now so ducking out. At least he's getting a ccfc ST next season I suppose.

Moff

You miss the point of which community benefits.
If Sisu are selling the community benefits to Rugby it won't work if the Coventry Community benefits.
The 'Rugby' community in Binley Woods will be the only ones looking forward to it ;)

I cant wait, being a Rugby resident! I know of plenty of people who will be happy to take on your season ticket when you dont come anymore ;)

letsallsingtogether

I cant wait, being a Rugby resident! I know of plenty of people who will be happy to take on your season ticket when you dont come anymore ;)
But do you know enough as most Rugby residents I know support insester dont even like being in Warwickshire

NorthernWisdom

The next city plan for Coventry is due to be 2031. Even moving relatively quickly we'd be looking at 2035 onwards for a new ground. Personally with those time scales I don't think it's something we need to worry about just yet and makes sense to look at other options that give a more acceptable timescale.

There must, surely, be an opportunity to get it changed before that?!? I know councils are inflexible, but they're usually not *that* inflexible!

SkyBlue_Bear83

No, I am RFC

resized_i-m-spartacus-meme-generator-i-am-spartacus-no-i-am-spartacus-d7bfd2.jpg

italiahorse

I am a Saints fan, and have attended there games longer than your shitty franchise team have been in town, and for many years longer than you will ever go. Does that mean you value my opinion or not ? altjough to be honest I couldnt give a shit i am just astonished at both your arrogance and ignorance.

Still if you value flags and razzmatazz above results then you are a perfect match.

Good for you.
Do you agree that the CCFC match day experience is okay then in comparison to the Saints ?

Ian1779

Really ?
Sounds like a Sisu quote.

No it sounds like the quote of a fan who is a little bored of your attention seeking 'I love Wasps' moniker that you have adapted.

You're so fucking oblivious to your blatant double standards it's unbelievable.

italiahorse

From the link you posted "The Local Plan is a long term plan – it will mean we are in control of growth in and around our city up to 2031"

CCC have said their are no viable sites for a stadium in Coventry in their city plan, Maton confirmed that in the CT. Rugby have said get more detailed plans to us by September and we'll consider including it.

There must, surely, be an opportunity to get it changed before that?!? I know councils are inflexible, but they're usually not *that* inflexible!

Both plans are running side by side. It must be a Government initiative.
Agree there are no sites in Coventry but I guess the same applies in Rugby.
If you bring Green Belt into the equation then nothing to stop Sisu asking for Green Belt in Coventry.
Both will initially be rejected in both councils and will need to be referred to Central Government.

italiahorse

I don't even get mad at italias views anymore, wasn't he was on of the biggest pro sisu posters a while back?

I also used to where nappies but it's not a lifetime choice.
There were no objections when Sisu took over, it seemed right at the time, but once they got greedy, we all changed sides (RFC accepted)
Looking back after the intensive Sisu financed Accountancy Course we all feel different now.

italiahorse

No it sounds like the quote of a fan who is a little bored of your attention seeking 'I love Wasps' moniker that you have adapted.

You're so fucking oblivious to your blatant double standards it's unbelievable.

Never said I love Wasps.
Just saying the CCFC match day experience could be so much better and Wasps is an example.
I can't change anything so I just get on with it.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Never said I love Wasps.
Just saying the CCFC could be so much better and Wasps is an example.
I can't change anything so I just get on with it.

I don't love them either but they do seem to have got it right.
Don't understand why people give them grief for doing what we have been asking our owners to do from the beginning.
We even have the SCG who seem to agree with everything they do instead of dealing with the true issues that are ripping our beloved club apart. :(

Moff

But do you know enough as most Rugby residents I know support insester dont even like being in Warwickshire

I know one Leicester fan. As expected a bellend, its all city fans where I am in Rugby, but all though are dispirited like me. All the kids in my lads year at Ashlawn apart from the huge amount of glory supporters are all City fans as well. Now if only we had something on the pitch to ignite the fanbase.

Nick

Administrator
Don't understand why people give them grief for doing what we have been asking our owners to do from the beginning.
We even have the SCG who seem to agree with everything they do instead of dealing with the true issues that are ripping our beloved club apart. :(

So for ccfc to get it right they should move to an area where they can have a bigger fan base etc etc?

Wasn't long ago people were going mad about the thought of sisu loading up with debt against the ricoh.

Moff

Good for you.
Do you agree that the CCFC match day experience is okay then in comparison to the Saints ?

It ignites more passion in me when we win. I love my Rugby, but City will always bring more joy when we do well.

To be honest when I started watching football in the 70's it was all about the football, and the results and supporting your team through thick and thin, so why should that change now. Some flags and razzmatazz means f*ck all to me.

italiahorse

They are delusional if they ever thought Sisu were going to pay for the Ricoh.
CCC would have lost it if Wasps had not stood in.
Can understand as a CCFC supporter why that appears to be alright, but in reality and for CCC ratepayers it clearly isn't.

Nick

Administrator
They are delusional if they ever thought Sisu were going to pay for the Ricoh.
CCC would have lost it if Wasps had not stood in.
Can understand as a CCFC supporter why that appears to be alright, but in reality and for CCC ratepayers it clearly isn't.
Seems the tax payers got a great deal though in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread