Jimmy hill statue moving to gosford green? (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Seems like you are struggling a bit to accept the fact that people do actually have agendas on here.

They could well be on here, pretty sure you would be acting the victim if they were. The same as some do when RFC posts.

For me to act the victim of the back I'd have to take him seriously first and I stop doing that a long time ago. Perhaps you should start doing the same with intheknow.

It's a forum. If this forum didn't have members with agendas I would suggest it's unique in that respect.

Nick

Administrator
For me to act the victim of the back I'd have to take him seriously first and I stop doing that a long time ago. Perhaps you should start doing the same with intheknow.

It's a forum. If this forum didn't have members with agendas I would suggest it's unique in that respect.

RFC isn't Tim Fisher, if he was I am pretty sure people would take him seriously whether they believe him or not. Do you not think it says a few things when people from Wasps clearly show their agenda on here?

Yes, it is a forum for coventry city fans, not PR machines.

skybluetony176

Doesn't wind me up, I just find it funny how nobody seems to have an issue with somebody coming on here from Wasps pretty much mocking the club and it's fans. Pretty much the same as when people from ACL used to come on here and use it to post rumours, people lapped it up.

All it shows is that if people say things against SISU, our fans will lap it up no matter who they are or what they have done also. Joe Elliott is a great example.

Can't say I've ever noticed him mocking the club but then I don't pay him as much attention as you. What specifically has he said about the club?

As for mocking fans he's only doing that to the few who are spitting feathers everytime he posts something. Again I don't really pay him any attention so I've never felt mocked by him.

skybluetony176

RFC isn't Tim Fisher, if he was I am pretty sure people would take him seriously whether they believe him or not. Do you not think it says a few things when people from Wasps clearly show their agenda on here?

Yes, it is a forum for coventry city fans, not PR machines.

I don't take Tim Fisher seriously anymore either. So if he was RFC (which I never thought he was) wouldn't change anything for me in that respect.

Nick

Administrator
Can't say I've ever noticed him mocking the club but then I don't pay him as much attention as you. What specifically has he said about the club?

As for mocking fans he's only doing that to the few who are spitting feathers everytime he posts something. Again I don't really pay him any attention so I've never felt mocked by him.

Read his posts....

Rusty Trombone

I agree, if he came on clearly on the wind up it would be different, but he normally says things that can be verified, and does provide balance to some debates (that are Wasps related). Not sure why he's so bothered about coming on here though, it's not as if there's many of us that ever change our view in the face of evidence anyway.

Rusty Trombone

Read his general smugness and attitude towards things ccfc.

Although it kind of shows our fans attitude when they defend somebody doing wasps pr on their teams forum.

His attempts at PR fail though surely, no one is liking Wasps more for him posting here, if anything it's the opposite.

skybluetony176

Read his general smugness and attitude towards things ccfc.

Although it kind of shows our fans attitude when they defend somebody doing wasps pr on their teams forum.

So he's not said anything specific then?

Who's defending him? Does he post on the CCFC forum or just the Wasps sub forum? I've only noticed him on the Wasps sub forum, kind of invited posters with Wasps connections (whatever that might mean) to join when you set up a sub forum for them.

Nick

Administrator
So he's not said anything specific then?

Who's defending him? Does he post on the CCFC forum or just the Wasps sub forum? I've only noticed him on the Wasps sub forum, kind of invited posters with Wasps connections (whatever that might mean) to join when you set up a sub forum for them.

I haven't set up a forum for them have I? It's to move the stuff that affects CCFC into, they have their own forum where from what I have read they would ban anybody for doing the same.

He has posted in both.

Steve.B50

The view of the majority want the statue to stay at the Ricoh? What view? What majority?

Maybe your views are personal and that is fair enough but due to the breathtaking 180 turn around in attitude of the Trust (as a whole) over Sixfields and the warm welcome you'v extended to Wasps and the franchise then it's very easy to get confused. I don't want to get involved in the Trust, thanks very much, I don't have the necessary qualifications: hypocrisy, exaggerated self-importance

The attitude of the Trust ( as a whole ) has NOT changed.

As For the warm welcome to the Wasps, I presume that's aimed at me personally as I have been to a game, but you will find that a great number of the crowd are also City fans.
With regards to you not getting involved in the Trust, what you mean is you are a coward and not prepared to put your head on the block for the club we all care about. You would rather be a keyboard warrior and hide behind anonymity.

NorthernWisdom

Trying to earn money from football is a mugs game.

...or those who enjoy the high chance of failure in exchange for the high return if it succeeds.

It's all broken, man.

Anyway, as this is a JH statue thread, I'd just like to make a shout out of general congratulations to the sculptor as, well... it's actually pretty good! These things can get all a bit chintzy and trashy if not careful,but it deserves a place where people can see it wherever it is, on aesthetics if nowt else ;)

skybluetony176

I haven't set up a forum for them have I? It's to move the stuff that affects CCFC into, they have their own forum where from what I have read they would ban anybody for doing the same.

He has posted in both.

If it effects CCFC why do we need a Wasps sub forum?

Grendel

I agree, if he came on clearly on the wind up it would be different, but he normally says things that can be verified, and does provide balance to some debates (that are Wasps related). Not sure why he's so bothered about coming on here though, it's not as if there's many of us that ever change our view in the face of evidence anyway.

He never debates anything.

He provides no balance whatsoever.

NorthernWisdom

I mean that he chips in to debates with a view that can then be debated further, and I'd say provides balance at times. I accept that you disagree.

Of course the alternative way of looking at it is (s)he seeks to skew the debate in a certain direction.

tbf we all do that... but we at least do it from the POV of being a City fan in the first place, whatever other agendas we all have.

chiefdave

If it effects CCFC why do we need a Wasps sub forum?

It really isn't that complicated.

The CCFC forum is for things predominantly CCFC, in an ideal world it would all be football related but unfortunately in our situation there is a lot of topics related to our owners, the council, a new ground etc etc.

The Wasps sub forum was created as there were a lot of posts that related to Wasps and not directly to CCFC which was annoying some people ('why is the forum full of Wasps threads' etc), such as Wasps putting their branding at the ground. It is not for general discussion about Wasps, they have their own forum for that, although it seems if you don't tow the party line there you get banned.

Some things do get discussed that don't have a current direct impact on CCFC, the bond issue for example. Things like that are a bit of a grey area. If it does impact CCFC it won't be for many years although the prospectus did reveal previously unknown details about the purchase of ACL which could be considered to be connected to CCFC. What is and isn't allowed is down to the moderators and they have been very easy going to date, many other forum moderators would have been removing posts left right and centre.

People like intheknow have hundreds of posts yet not a single one related to football let alone CCFC. Bit odd don't you think? If representatives of Wasps wanted to come on this forum in the open and, for example, offer to respond to any queries we had or issues on matchday then fair enough put clearly there are people from within the organisation and their PR machine coming on here either to wind people up, stir shit or just take the piss out of us.

skybluetony176

Well the best thing to do is put him on ignore then. He'd soon get bored if no one replied to him. I really don't see why he's coming on other than for laugh's. Might not have been the reason for him joining in the first place but its what's keeping him coming back.

Grendel

Well the best thing to do is put him on ignore then. He'd soon get bored if no one replied to him. I really don't see why he's coming on other than for laugh's. Might not have been the reason for him joining in the first place but its what's keeping him coming back.

Or perhaps we don't have people defending him and trying to use him and his views as a means to try and argue against other CCFC fans

People should challenge not ignore.

Grendel

Who's defending him?

You for a start. You've refused to state his agenda is clearly wasps PR motivated.

You've been asked several occasions if you believe this and refused to answer.

You fifth amendment stance is a classic form of defence.

skybluetony176

You for a start. You've refused to state his agenda is clearly wasps PR motivated.

You've been asked several occasions if you believe this and refused to answer.

You fifth amendment stance is a classic form of defence.

I think you best go back through my posts and then come back and apologise.

Grendel

I think you best go back through my posts and then come back and apologise.

No need to. You've even tried to claim he only posts on wasps sub forum matters but the other day was deflecting and spinning when he was on a ccfc thread.

skybluetony176

No need to. You've even tried to claim he only posts on wasps sub forum matters but the other day was deflecting and spinning when he was on a ccfc thread.

The only thing I claimed was that I couldn't remember him posting in anything other than the Wasps sub forum. Doesn't mean he hasn't, just that I don't recall it. Too simple for you to understand maybe.

Now go and actually READ my earlier posts and come back and apologise. It shouldn't be difficult. I've actually said what you're trying to say I haven't said more than once on this very thread. Of you go now.

Grendel

The only thing I claimed was that I couldn't remember him posting in anything other than the Wasps sub forum. Doesn't mean he hasn't, just that I don't recall it. Too simple for you to understand maybe.

Now go and actually READ my earlier posts and come back and apologise. It shouldn't be difficult. I've actually said what you're trying to say I haven't said more than once on this very thread. Of you go now.

You replied yesterday to a post regarding him in a ccfc thread. Either you've got some short term memory issues or your an idiot.

One things for certain - I'm not reading any of the inane tripe you put on here twice - believe me once is more than enough.

skybluetony176

You replied yesterday to a post regarding him in a ccfc thread. Either you've got some short term memory issues or your an idiot.

One things for certain - I'm not reading any of the inane tripe you put on here twice - believe me once is more than enough.

Did I? Short term memory problems it is then.

I doubt you read any of my posts once otherwise you wouldn't have started making the inane accusations about me that you have in your last few posts. You either have short term memory problems or you're the sort of idiot who never read's a post in full because you're too busy spitting feathers after the first sentence so you never understand the full context of the post.

But you carry on telling yourself I haven't said what I have said more than once if it makes you happy. Which it obviously does. Good luck to you.

letsallsingtogether

Jesus Christ, there are "ricoh haters" now? It's even stranger how some seem to support a football stadium?

Surely that minute says there is no storage space CCFC could use?

Just read torches threads on the Ricoh from before the wasps takeover and you will see that there are.
An ugly white elephant in a shit area of Coventry.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Gosford Green?

I know it is near the old ground but doesn't this representation of not only JH but our football heritage deserve to be seen by as many people as possible. If it is not going to be at our home ground it has to be in the city centre

Users who are viewing this thread