Jimmy hill statue moving to gosford green? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Jesus Christ, there are "ricoh haters" now? It's even stranger how some seem to support a football stadium?

Surely that minute says there is no storage space CCFC could use?

It's made easier to suggest when someone posts a picture up of the tunnel and one posters initial reaction is "ANOTHER reason why we have to leave" rather than come up with a simple solution like another poster did. The simple solution was then too expensive.

Nick

Administrator
It's made easier to suggest when someone posts a picture up of the tunnel and one posters initial reaction is "ANOTHER reason why we have to leave" rather than come up with a simple solution like another poster did. The simple solution was then too expensive.

OK so 6 hours on a match day just for the tunnel, what happens when it comes to the concourse changes, what happens with external branding etc?15k just for the tunnel, how much to have more of the stadium feel like "home"?

I wouldn't call it a simple solution.

I support CCFC, whether they play at the Ricoh, Highfield road etc. I am not here saying it is that exact football stadium or I don't support them. I don't like the Ricoh being branded as Wasps but that is where CCFC play so I go there to support them.

Would much rather have our own stadium branded up for us like King Power, Emirates etc that is actually home and feels like our home.

skybluetony176

They have obviously looked into it to know there is no storage available for a better shop option.

You obviously know exactly what's gone on to know it isn't good enough.

They could always store posters, mats etc. that could be used to personalise the tunnel and other areas at the shop. God knows there's enough free space there.

skybluetony176

OK so 6 hours on a match day just for the tunnel, what happens when it comes to the concourse changes, what happens with external branding etc?15k just for the tunnel, how much to have more of the stadium feel like "home"?

I wouldn't call it a simple solution.

I support CCFC, whether they play at the Ricoh, Highfield road etc. I am not here saying it is that exact football stadium or I don't support them.

It equated to £650 a match I think someone said. You're problem is you have an agenda that means you only see problems not solutions.

We're not leaving anytime soon if ever regardless of many reasons you think there are for us to get out of here. Rather than being a bitter twisted little man with no alternatives why don't you turn your frown upside down and make a positive suggestion or two on how to make the best out of a bad situation?

Nick

Administrator
It equated to £650 a match I think someone said. You're problem is you have an agenda that means you only see problems not solutions.

We're not leaving anytime soon if ever regardless of many reasons you think there are for us to get out of here. Rather than being a bitter twisted little man with no alternatives why don't you turn your frown upside down and make a positive suggestion or two on how to make the best out of a bad situation?

No, I have an agenda of what is best for CCFC.

It is a shame others on here don't seem to which is why they are so keen to stay at a certain ground. It is a shame you don't have an issue with people with actual agendas on here rather than just CCFC fans who don't want to go to a ground where there are CCFC posters blue tacked up to cover other clubs branding for the rest of their lives.

If you want to start talking agendas then I suggest you must have an issue with a fair few people on here, never seen you have a problem with intheknow posting on here or italia posting so much about why the Ricoh is the be all and end all? Or are they only agendas if they don't agree with you?

If we don't leave, we don't leave. I won't like being in a Wasps branded stadium but if my team play there then I will support them there. Simple really. Just a shame so many like to put so many conditions on supporting the team they spend hours per day being outraged about.

I am pretty sure most fans would want to walk into a stadium that was branded like the Emirates or King Power (in sky blue with our history) rather than one with Wasps and black and gold given the choice, which is what I was saying.

Must be bitter and twisted though because I don't agree with you, I had better not say anything too nasty to you because you might have a little bitch fit like the other day or you might start copying and pasting the word of the day over and over again like a little kid who has learnt a new word.

skybluetony176

You didn't seem to have a problem with going to a stadium covered in Northampton town livery, why the sudden change of heart?

For 15k a year I think it will be a bit better than blue tacked posters but again you keep talking a possible solution down.

Like I said there are solutions to make the best out of a bad situation. For some reason you don't seem interested.

Grendel

You didn't seem to have a problem with going to a stadium covered in Northampton town livery, why the sudden change of heart?

For 15k a year I think it will be a bit better than blue tacked posters but again you keep talking a possible solution down.

Like I said there are solutions to make the best out of a bad situation. For some reason you don't seem interested.

Do you think intheknow has an agenda?

Nick

Administrator

I am not sure whether you have just read what I said. You know the bit where I said I wouldn't like it but would go to see my team play? The same as I didn't particularly like it being Northampton town either. Note I said this:

CCFC fans who don't want to go to a ground where there are CCFC posters blue tacked up to cover other clubs branding for the rest of their lives.

That could be Wasps, Northampton, Man Utd, Nuneaton Town. Other clubs branding.

15k was what Wingy quoted for the tunnel, what about the rest of the concourses, externally etc.

Nice to see that when I point out people who do have ACTUAL agendas that bit gets ignored.

It seems like I am in that famous "majority" that people get so excited about that can never be wrong ever and is some sort of status according to the poll about leaving the Ricoh in the other thread.

skybluetony176

I am not sure whether you have just read what I said. You know the bit where I said I wouldn't like it but would go to see my team play? The same as I didn't particularly like it being Northampton town either. Note I said this:

That could be Wasps, Northampton, Man Utd, Nuneaton Town. Other clubs branding.

15k was what Wingy quoted for the tunnel, what about the rest of the concourses, externally etc.

Nice to see that when I point out people who do have ACTUAL agendas that bit gets ignored.

It seems like I am in that famous "majority" that people get so excited about that can never be wrong ever and is some sort of status according to the poll about leaving the Ricoh in the other thread.

Clearly everywhere won't be able to be done. But the tunnel and changing room is a necessity IMO and also something TM has hinted at. If that helps on the pitch hopefully the branding off the rest of the stadium will be organic by way of an increased number of fans wearing sky-blue.

The other thing they could do is a mobile retail unit.

There's always solutions if you want to look for them. If!

Grendel

Being asked about intheknow was changing the subject, so you're clearly in the same book then.

So in your view he doesn't have a pro wasp agenda? No?

Nick

Administrator
Being asked about intheknow was changing the subject, so you're clearly in the same book then.

No it wasn't, it was asking a question about people with actual Agendas as you started throwing the agenda line around. Just a shame you couldn't answer!

You started throwing shit around again because somebody disagreed with you with your "bitter, twisted, little man" shit. Yet have a fit when people say stuff to you with the "he started it" line. Quite funny really.

Grendel

No it wasn't, it was asking a question about people with actual Agendas as you started throwing the agenda line around. Just a shame you couldn't answer!

He has answered. He doesn't think he is pro wasps - fair enough - that's Tony's view.

Grendel

Apparently he is on here to wind me and Covmark up.

Sometimes Tony has leapt to his defence along with his staunch support on Italia.

The same source that told me about Italia's little venture has suggested that Tony is his "love interest" ;)

Sick Boy

Working on you too.

If you haven't noticed this is a Coventry City football forum. It is bizarre you have no problem with some idiot coming on here to do PR work for a London rugby club. You seem happy that he or she is here to wind up fellow CCFC supporters. If our fans weren't so apathetic and loving of all things franchise and CCC then there is no way he would still be hanging around this forum.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If its feasible to do, I think the club should definitely be doing it whilst we are at the Ricoh. Doesn't change my opinion that I don't believe we can be successful at the Ricoh without significant external investment.

shmmeee

If its feasible to do, I think the club should definitely be doing it whilst we are at the Ricoh. Doesn't change my opinion that I don't believe we can be successful at the Ricoh without significant external investment.

We can't be successful full stop without significant external investment. Who's going to pay for a new ground and what team will play in it?

That's been football for about 20 years. "Invest" (much like I invested my poo in the toilet this morning) or die. Trying to earn money from football is a mugs game.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought this thread was about moving Jimmy Hill's statue? It's gone a bit off track ain't it? Anyway, for my 2 pence worth, I think it should go next to the other legend of the city - next to Lady Godiva in Broadgate!

Nick

Administrator
Do I really need to say yes to that?

I'm sure he only comes on here now to wind you and a few others up. What else does he achieve? Especially when you make it so easy for him?

Imagine if Fisher or Waggot was going onto forums and winding fans up. Pretty sure you would find it hilarious when they start coming on here mocking you.

skybluetony176

If you haven't noticed this is a Coventry City football forum. It is bizarre you have no problem with some idiot coming on here to do PR work for a London rugby club. You seem happy that he or she is here to wind up fellow CCFC supporters. If our fans weren't so apathetic and loving of all things franchise and CCC then there is no way he would still be hanging around this forum.

This has barely been a Coventry City forum in a long time. The fact that we needed to have a Wasps sub forum only confirms that.

skybluetony176

Apparently he is on here to wind me and Covmark up.

Sometimes Tony has leapt to his defence along with his staunch support on Italia.

The same source that told me about Italia's little venture has suggested that Tony is his "love interest" ;)

At least I have a love interest. It's pretty clear you shake hands with the unemployed.

Nick

Administrator
This has barely been a Coventry City forum in a long time. The fact that we needed to have a Wasps sub forum only confirms that.

You seem to think it is quite funny though as it "winds people up". Yet the other day you were going off on one because somebody said something to you.

Like I said, imagine if Tim Fisher came on here and mocked fans, fucking outrage.

It was you who brought up "agendas" yet you don't seem to have an issue with the people with ACTUAL agendas coming on here. Very strange that.

skybluetony176

Imagine if Fisher or Waggot was going onto forums and winding fans up. Pretty sure you would find it hilarious when they start coming on here mocking you.

How do you know they ain't? If we ever found out they did it would be hilarious.

Nick

Administrator
How do you know they ain't? If we ever found out they did it would be hilarious.

Seems like you are struggling a bit to accept the fact that people do actually have agendas on here.

They could well be on here, pretty sure you would be acting the victim if they were. The same as some do when RFC posts.

skybluetony176

You seem to think it is quite funny though as it "winds people up". Yet the other day you were going off on one because somebody said something to you.

Like I said, imagine if Tim Fisher came on here and mocked fans, fucking outrage.

It was you who brought up "agendas" yet you don't seem to have an issue with the people with ACTUAL agendas coming on here. Very strange that.

If you keep telling me I don't have a problem with something it doesn't necessarily make it true. Like I said, apart from winding you, grendull, torch, sick boy and a few others up what does intheknow achieve? Whatever his agenda was when he first turned up it didn't work. The only reason he's still on here is because he's enjoying the entertainment.

Nick

Administrator
If you keep telling me I don't have a problem with something it doesn't necessarily make it true. Like I said, apart from winding you, grendull, torch, sick boy and a few others up what does intheknow achieve? Whatever his agenda was when he first turned up it didn't work. The only reason he's still on here is because he's enjoying the entertainment.

Doesn't wind me up, I just find it funny how nobody seems to have an issue with somebody coming on here from Wasps pretty much mocking the club and it's fans. Pretty much the same as when people from ACL used to come on here and use it to post rumours, people lapped it up.

All it shows is that if people say things against SISU, our fans will lap it up no matter who they are or what they have done also. Joe Elliott is a great example.

Users who are viewing this thread