Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (1 Viewer)

fatso

I do wonder if we should cash in on palmer now hamer is staying. Given his length of contract what would we get for him as the second most talented player we have

£5 million. I guess Bristol will have a 20% sell on clause to protect their invedtmebt
5 million from who exactly?
What makes you think he's saleable, if you don't rate him, why give him such a high value.

CovLad94

Jerry Yates nowhere to be seen in their preseason game today, fans are all fearing the worst. Is he in the process of leaving?

slowpoke

Just wondering if Robins was waiting for the Simms transfer to complete before going for Yates, he has been strongly linked for a while and played alongside Simms at Blackpool in their promotion year.

Grendel

I really don’t understand your hatred towards Palmer

An observation that I don’t personally see the value in him compared to others (and many agree with me) is not hatred it’s an alternative view

it’s playground language

NorthernWisdom

and it's self-important knobhead language to actually write "and many agree with me". He's a good footballer. If you can't see that, I genuinely feel for you.
Tbf he has to put that as it's stock assumption it's just a Grendalism otherwise and is treated as such.

Damned if you do and all that.

And it's possible to appreciate he has technical ability while being underwhelmed by his contribution to the team to date.

Grendel

and it's self-important knobhead language to actually write "and many agree with me". He's a good footballer. If you can't see that, I genuinely feel for you.

So as I asked - in the transfer market what fee would he attract in your opinion?

mmttww

And it's possible to appreciate he has technical ability while being underwhelmed by his contribution to the team to date.
Agree. The thread was nothing to do with Palmer as far as I can tell, though. Throwing out a snide post about him screams bias and agenda, which I can't help calling out. Because I'm a knob.

covcity4life

Hopefully we get this deal done. Godden be an excellent backup or rotational option but I want to see something new upfront in terms of starting 11

slowpoke

Agree. The thread was nothing to do with Palmer as far as I can tell, though. Throwing out a snide post about him screams bias and agenda, which I can't help calling out. Because I'm a knob.
He has to have players to knock, last year it started with Ben Wilson but he rammed his early criticism down his throat.
And Godden might pull his finger out of his arse with some proper competition. Or am I being over critical 🤔
Yes

Happy_Martian

Jerry Yates nowhere to be seen in their preseason game today, fans are all fearing the worst. Is he in the process of leaving?

Is anyone in Portugal today ? Can they check the Coventry arrivals and see if this character is amongst them ?

1688811983614.png

After the Simms deal which came out of the blue for us but must've been going on for a while, I suspect we are in advanced discussions with our targets
Much prefer deals to be rumoured the night before they actually happen

It has seemed over the last few years that Robins wants to get any transfer work done as soon as possible into the window. Our first weeks tend to be busy and then nothing happens until the last week/evening of that window when the board stabs us in the foot and sells our jewels. But this time round, Doug looks to have locked Boddy out of the fax room ;)

CDK

Re godden ,after all the injury issues he's not gonna have the same levels as when he arrived 4 years ago also he's older so do think we need a replacement .

Matt smith

See the goal against Blackpool for what Palmer and O'Hare could do together.

There was another couple of goals they combined for in the few minutes they were actually on the pitch at the same time.
The Rotherham home goal was a beauty

Happy_Martian

And a relatively inactive account on the Sun'lun forum has just said the same about Yates coming here and questioning why Sun'lun couldn't afford him.

That user's name is @fatso. Possible common forum nickname so is this coincidence or some damn fine shit stirring ? :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

Garlana86

Checked their forums, seen alot of them say it's not a worry and that he has a knock, apparently he came on the pitch after the game.

Users who are viewing this thread