Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

He’s the most technically gifted I’d think but doesn’t mean it will translate to success on the pitch.

I don't think he is at all. He does a few flicks and stepovers in games but that doesn't make him the most technically gifted in the slightest

That's Hamer

Id even have Sheaf up there too, quick on the turn, his range of passing is exquisite as well when needed, first touch and close control for Sheaf has come on leaps and bounds too

djr8369

I don't think he is at all. He does a few flicks and stepovers in games but that doesn't make him the most technically gifted in the slightest

That's Hamer

Id even have Sheaf up there too, quick on the turn, his range of passing is exquisite as well when needed, first touch and close control for Sheaf has come on leaps and bounds too
I’d agree they are both up there.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I reckon a fully fit squad means Palmer and O’hare start. One up top.
If we regularly play with 2 strikers we’ll need to sign 2 more.

If you are playing one striker, you really need your midfield to be in on the goals too. With those two, I can't see that they would contribute enough goals. Palmer maybe, but there are massive question marks over fitness long term.

I much prefer us with two strikers in general to be honest.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Are Kelly and Palmer the only two full internationals at the club after Vik leaves?
Latibeudiere is an international
So Excited Flirting GIF

Hertsccfc

I really don’t get what people see in Palmer. Had a couple of decent games but was decidedly average for the most part and couldn’t stay fit.
I totally get the arguments about his fitness and lack of game time but am amazed that you can't see he is well above most of our players in technique. Only Hamer ahead of him in terms of ability in my view.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I totally get the arguments about his fitness and lack of game time but am amazed that you can't see he is well above most of our players in technique. Only Hamer ahead of him in terms of ability in my view.

I don't think it is any coincidence that we were our best at the end of the season with Hamer playing in that attacking midfield role. He is absolutely lethal and got end product like no else. As far as I'm concerned, that position should be his should he stay.

Terry_dactyl

If you are playing one striker, you really need your midfield to be in on the goals too. With those two, I can't see that they would contribute enough goals. Palmer maybe, but there are massive question marks over fitness long term.

I much prefer us with two strikers in general to be honest.
If we were playing with Palmer & O’hare we’d definitely need to sign another AM.

Edit: just seen your other post ie Hamer could play there.

Hertsccfc

I don't think it is any coincidence that we were our best at the end of the season with Hamer playing in that attacking midfield role. He is absolutely lethal and got end product like no else. As far as I'm concerned, that position should be his should he stay.
I think our best performances were just before the World Cup, during the short spell when O'Hare was playing. That win over QPR at home was probably the best we have played this season.

napolimp

Well if they did want to play him there, we have Sheaf and Eccles to sit deep.

Briles

Sheaf qualifies to play for Burundi on his nans side

fatso

I really don’t get what people see in Palmer. Had a couple of decent games but was decidedly average for the most part and couldn’t stay fit.
29 appearances in his first season here, for a guy who hadn't had a decent run of games prior to coming here and was playing catch up regarding his fitness levels isn't bad at all.

He picked up an injury when he was becoming an important player for us, that's just unfortunate, and may have something to do with the rock hard pitches he had to train on. but with a full pre season under his belt, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

NorthernWisdom

Underrated striker, he's got a very respectable record for us, especially as he was asked to play second fiddle to the swede, for the last 18 months. He's missed a few games, but some of those were for appendicitis which won't happen again.
I'm glad he's still here.
I would be interested to see how he got on partnering a striker whose role was to lay on in chances for him.

The main issue is keeping him fit!

Covstar

Soo... what's happening with Yates? All I see is everything else in the world discussed/argued but not the actual topic of the thread.

djr8369

Fair. Yet to be convinced he's any more than emperor's new clothes, but hopefully next season he does.
For the run of games he had before getting injured, after getting some match fitness, he looked decent. Creative but could put a tackle in too. Still needed to be a bit more energetic and mobile though

NorthernWisdom

For the run of games he had before getting injured, after getting some match fitness, he looked decent. Creative but could put a tackle in too. Still needed to be a bit more energetic and mobile though
Thing is, it took him forever to get there, still wasn't a 90 minute performance... and then he got injured straight after a couple of games where it looked like he had finally arrived!

Needs more, more often. If it was just technical ability, may as well ask Jose Perdomo back.

Users who are viewing this thread