January Transfer Window (2 Viewers)

Greggs

Must be the only team in the league who's written off the season in January
We've over achieved, not many would have placed us where we are. Stick or Gamble on an inevitable mid table finish? Robins will know we don't have much hope of making the play-offs, saving some capital until the summer when he can hopefully get his real targets and strengthen us long term may be a better idea.

shmmeee

The start of mismanagement goes back well before SISU as you well know

And if previous management were still in a decision making capacity at the club that would have some relevance to the discussion of right now.

Liquid Gold

Doesn’t mean they are cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They're obviously cheaper than a permanent option though. We're asking for one like that because asking for a permanent option and we get accused of wanting to be the next Derby.

Perryccfc

Serious question. What are we going to do if COH gets injured?

I don’t disagree we’re short, especially if/when he inevitably picks up a knock. But spending money we don’t have on an U23 is really really not the answer to our prayers.

As I said I’m not against signing players, I’m updating this site and Twitter in the hope I see a rumour, a whisper, anything. What I am against is people verging on WW3 if it doesn’t happen. It’s ridiculous.

Grendel

Go back further and why these owners had the chance to buy us I was getting at and they then spent what they didn’t make then turned tap off

They didn’t spend what they didn’t have - they’ve “lost” I think around £12 million since 2007 and have now made accumulated loans to recover it. They’ve lost 40 years of a lease - not bought the lease with the funds they had and have been utterly shambolic.

Liquid Gold

I don’t disagree we’re short, especially if/when he inevitably picks up a knock. But spending money we don’t have on an U23 is really really not the answer to our prayers.

As I said I’m not against signing players, I’m updating this site and Twitter in the hope I see a rumour, a whisper, anything. What I am against is people verging on WW3 if it doesn’t happen. It’s ridiculous.
We do have the money, we're giving it to our owners.

Briles

Because, just like our U23s going out, the parent club wants them to develop in the mens game over the U23s.

If we want promotion we haven't got time to be developing a prem teams u23 player for the remaining 3 months of the season (likely with a minimum game clause)The team we have got us where we are. Think positive.

SeaSeeEffCee

We've over achieved, not many would have placed us where we are. Stick or Gamble on an inevitable mid table finish? Robins will know we don't have much hope of making the play-offs, saving some capital until the summer when he can hopefully get his real targets and strengthen us long term may be a better idea.
Win our games in hand and we’re literally in the play-offs. Robins would have to be quite the defeatist to think we’ve got no chance, and if so can he come out and say it publically so we all know there is no point bothering for the last few months of the season?

oldfiver

We are a victim of over performing success. No one expected the good start - or it could be a slow start from the others

Liquid Gold

If we want promotion we haven't got time to be developing a prem teams u23 player for the remaining 3 months of the season (likely with a minimum game clause)The team we have got us where we are. Think positive.
Developing Callum O'Hare really fucked our chances in L1.

Grendel

So according to this thread, we’re after an unproven, prolific, AM with a lethal eye for goal and is good enough to displace COH and best of all, costs fuck all!

Fuck me there must a conveyor belt somewhere with these boys just waiting to be snapped up.

Your pathetic passive aggressive remarks about lack of ambition are clouding a basic understanding of football.

You have a basic lack of understanding of the cold calculating way hedge funds operate with the companies they own

Brighton Sky Blue

My reaction isn't based so much on the general sentiment but on the amount of extra money some people think others want to be provided. We have all the look of a side that is within touching distance of actually making a serious tilt for the top 6-get there or not, it puts bums on seats, generates excitement and makes better use of an exceptional manager.

Any extra money made, the owners help themselves in multi million pound interest payments. They're not fit for purpose.

CCFCBat

They're obviously cheaper than a permanent option though. We're asking for one like that because asking for a permanent option and we get accused of wanting to be the next Derby.

Why are they obviously cheaper, do you know that that’s a fact. Will they be cheaper than Jamie Allen for example or Dom Hyam

Grendel

The start of mismanagement goes back well before SISU as you well know

It does but also it was the point any emotional interest in the club vanished

Liquid Gold

Why are they obviously cheaper, do you know that that’s a fact. Will they be cheaper than Jamie Allen for example or Dom Hyam

Signings made for the youth team in L2 and the squad in L1 are comparable to a small outlay to actually have a shot at the championship playoffs.

usskyblue

GUEST_12926525-7bbe-4f90-a652-b21fec53e314

Jamesimus

Oh well, at least we can look forward to the tweets from opposition fans telling us we’re the best team they’ve faced all season after they’ve just beaten us for the next few months. That’s the real reason we all do this.

I genuinely enjoy that, please don't let that be taken away from me.

Greggs

Surely when you’ve got a setup that’s getting more bang for your Buck is exactly when you throw money?
Not really how investment works in my opinion. Throwing short term money at something that is already performing above market value makes little sense - as the outcome is likely to be the same (slim chance of playoffs - big chance of midtable). We're getting good bang for our buck at the moment, throwing more money at it takes away some of the 'bang'. I've had a beer after muay thai training so might be chatting shit ;)

Users who are viewing this thread